Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on November 9, 2012
I think the other two reviewers who posted negative reviews of this computer were simply unlucky in receiving defective units. It is inevitable that computers (which are delicate electronic instrumants) may sometimes arrive with issues that may have been incurred during shipping. It is not necessarily the computer's or makers fault.

I received this computer last week and so far have had no issues. When you check this computer's specs against other units out there right now, you will find that the cost for what you get with this system is beyond compare. Sure this unit does not have some of the high end features some people like such as a touch screen, Blu-ray disc player, tv tuner, bluetooth, etc... but when you consider that for a computer with those features, getting one will be roughly $300-$500 more, I figured I'd wait until my next computer when the cost will have dropped significantly.

What caught my eye about this computer is that overall, it does not lack in any area. It has an excellent processor, great dedicated video card, plenty of memory, georgeous screen, and a fast hard drive. It should be noted that the specs listed in the descriptions on the 1st and 2nd pages are wrong. This computer has a 6GB SDRAM, not 4 like the add says and the hard drive is 7200 rpm, not 5400. So if you see these specs, scroll down a bit and the true specs are shown. This is an error on Amazon's part. For a full list of this unit's specs, you can go to HP's website at [..]

The only other small issue people may have with this unit is that is it pre-loaded with Windows 7. Again this is a small thing as Windows 8 is designed for touch screens. If Windows 8 is something you think you must have, you will receive an offer to purchase it for $14.99 after you buy this computer.

So all in all this is a fantastic deal. If you are looking for an everyday computer with actual processing speed and power, this computer will exceed your expectations.
on November 28, 2012
AS my eyes aged and visual content invited a bigger screen to enhance the usefulness of a larger monitor, I decided to buy the very appealing Imac all-in-one. Very nice in all respects save one. For a still naive elderly user of computers, it was immediately apparent that learning the language of the Apple, after only a relatively few years since learning Windows, was too much to undertake. Back went the Apple and in came the somewhat smaller screen (compared to the 27 inch Mac) HP. This one appears to be the bottom of the line of all-in-ones, but the screen is just perfect for reading text and viewing pictures, and the computer more than adequate for all the demands of a non-game playing innocent who has no need for advanced features, complex apps, and all that those who have grown up with the digital world require. Setting it up was a cinch, it adapted readily to my Wi-fi hot-spot and. to date has done well what I have asked of it.
I have nothing to say about its utility for experts, but as for your elderly, 'learned the computer in retirement' parent, grandparent or great-grand parent, uncle or aunt, I can commend it highly.
on November 2, 2012
I had brought this computer for photoshop and personal use. Unfortunately upon arrival it was defective, the disk drive didn't work, but of course that happens. I have replaced it, amazon was fast with the shipping of the replacement. So far I love it... it has a 23" screen, 1tb hard drive, 6gbs memory, 4 processors, 3.2 ghz (3.0ghz and up is the best to look for in computers), honestly it was beyond what I expected. It only took me 5 mins to set it up, only one wire to plug in (don't have to worry about all those other wires when you have the screen and monitor). It is very space efficient. Great on mulitasking. You can't beat the price!
on December 22, 2012
I have owned portables for years. Decided to try the all-in-one this time around. This is a great fast processor, easy to read bright big screen. The wireless keyboard and mouse allow me to sit back in my lounger and do all my work relaxed. Plus I can read the screen without sitting on top of the screen.
Setup was easy, I haven't tried windows 8 yet but 7 runs so much better than my laptop.
on March 18, 2013
I seldom give a 5 star rating and the fact that this is an older (new) computer made me hesitant to give it 5 stars but this PC is great. No tower, just a screen on a stand-an attractive stand, that sits on my office desk. It's sleek, smooth and easy to navigate. This is my 2nd one. I have another computer just like it! I don't know if they still make this PC but if they do, check it out!
on January 20, 2013
I like this unit but...... Now I have a problem with the cd drive. It will not load anything. It loaded about 4 of my programs then just stopped loading others. Glad I was able to load up the virus protection first. I'm typing my review from it right now. Nothing to do with the performance so far, but I do have programs that need to be loaded with a disk. You can hear it struggling with trying to read the information from the disk. Clicking noise. I read one other review and that person said that they had a problem with there cd drive also. I will now have to go to the trouble again to return another electronic purchase from Amazon. Glad I kept the box. I'm beginning to wonder if we are getting 2nd's in the electronic department. This is very unusual for a customer to get two electronic items(Asus Transformer Tablet) that had went on the blink. Never had an All-In-One Computer before. It is really neat to have just a cord to plug in and not have the tower thing going on. Speed is not a problem with this unit. It is very quick. Have not had the chance to do other things with it so I can run it through a test drive to make sure things are running smoothly. Will be sending this unit back and hope to get one that will operate correctly. Bummer, need it for the upcoming tax season. Will update when the new unit comes in.
on February 10, 2013
I like the idea of the "all in one", and this does it nicely. A little weak in the optical reader, but since I only us it to install programs, no big deal.For me, the deal maker was the ability to get Windows 7 and not the new tablet/ game version of Windows.
on April 3, 2015
I hate it. One of the worst products I have ever purchased. I have should have done my homework. It's slow. all sort of issues with Windows 8 and email. Does not come with Adob. Can't easily download csv files into excel. All around this pc sucks.
on March 2, 2013
After much research, we settled on this model. We've owned HP's before and so far, this one has performed beautifully. Would certainly recommend for anyone looking for an all-in-one that fits the family.
on December 25, 2012
I was so happy when my computer showed up. Then I was confused because I couldn't find the computer. I found the big 23 inch . screen, the keyboard and the mouse. I called a friend and we decided that there must be another box coming. Then, he asked me if I see a disc drive any where on the side of the screen. I did and he said that the computer is in the back of the screen. I thought WOW!! Wen you said all in one, You meant ALL IN ONE.