Boasting a sleek and shiny black-and-silver chassis, the HP Pavilion a6750f desktop PC comes loaded with the all tools you need to easily create, manage, share, and enjoy your digital photos, home videos, movies, and music. You can easily burn your home video productions to DVD for friends and family with the dual-layer, multi-format DVD/CD burner, which enables you to store up to 8.5 GB of data on a DL disc and provides a super-fast 16x DVD±RW write speed. It also includes LightScribe technology for personalized silkscreen-quality, laser-etched CD/DVD labels created right in the drive.
The sleekly black HP Pavilion a6750f (monitor not included).
This desktop is powered by the AMD's 2.3 GHz Phenom X4 9650 quad-core processor, which increases the efficiency and speed of the PC as well as improves multimedia and gaming performance. Store more music, videos, and data on the super-sized 640 GB hard drive capacity. Other features include 8 GB of RAM (which can be bumped up to 16 GB), ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (with 256 MB of dedicated graphics memory), 54g Wi-Fi networking, Gigabit Ethernet wired networking, a wide variety of connection ports on both the front and rear of the box, and a 15-in-1 memory card reader that's compatible with today's most popular digital camera formats.
It comes preinstalled with the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1), which includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
|Spec Check |
- 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 9650 quad-core processor
- 750 GB hard drive
- 8 GB RAM (16 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer Lightscribe DVD±R drive
- ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (256 MB dedicated)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (64-bit, SP1)
Video & Audio
- Processor: This desktop is powered by AMD's 2.3 GHz Phenom X4 9650 quad-core processor was designed for megatasking--running multiple, multi-threaded applications such as processor-intensive visual design and modeling and serious 3D games as well all your digital multimedia. With an integrated memory controller and shared L3 cache, AMD Phenom X4 9000 Series processors have low-latency access to main memory for amazingly rapid system response and phenomenal system performance. The 9650 has 2 MB of L2 cache in addition to 2 MB of L3 cache and a 2000MT/s system bus.
All AMD Phenom X4 9000 series processors feature AMD64 with Direct Connect Architecture to blast through performance bottlenecks and provide direct access to DDR2 memory. AMD's HyperTransport 3.0 technology now provides support for full 1080p high-definition video. And with the next generation Cool'n'Quiet 2.0 technology reducing heat and noise, the AMD Phenom X4 9000 Series quad-core processor delivers seamless multitasking and optimum energy efficiency.
- Hard Drive: The ginormous 750 GB Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive (7200 RPM) offers a wealth of storage space, perfect for storing a vast multimedia collection or for editing digital video. This SATA hard drive has a 3Gb/s interface speed that enables up to 300MB/s data transfer rates (double the speed of the current SATA interface of 1.5Gb/s).
- Memory: The 8 GB of installed RAM (PC6400) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. It also offers a fast 800 MHz speed. This desktop has an amazing 16 GB maximum RAM capacity (4 x 4 GB) when used with a 64-bit operating system (4 GB when used with a 32-bit OS). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 12x DVD±R DL Write Once, 16x DVD±R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 12x DVD-RAM, 40x CD-R, 32x CD-RW write speeds and 40x CD-ROM, and 16x DVD-ROM read speeds.
This LightScribe DVD±RW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: It comes with an HP multimedia keyboard and scroller mouse (both with PS/2 connections).
Video is powered by the ATI Radeon HD 3200 with RS780M chipset, which provides 256 MB of dedicated video memory. The AMD 780 Chipset series lets you connect to a wide range of the latest HD panels by supporting numerous display technologies. Take advantage of ATI SurroundView to support up to four monitors. It also offers support for Microsoft DirectX 10, providing compatibility with today's most advanced and graphic-intensive games and applications. It also has an integrated audio card that can produce high definition surround sound configurable to 8 speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
This desktop has an integrated 54g wireless LAN that's fully compatible with 802.11b/g wireless networks. For expansion, it has three PCI Express x1 slot (available), one PCI Express x16 slot (available), two 5.25-inch bays (one available), and three 3.5-inch bays (two available). It comes with the following external connectors:
- 6 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (2 in front, 4 in rear)
- 2 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals (1 in front, 1 in rear)
- 2 PS/2 ports for connecting keyboards and mice
- Video output: 1 VGA, 1 DVI
- 2 headphone and 2 microphone (front and rear)
- Digital coaxial audio input/output as well as surround sound speaker outputs (rear/side/center)
- 15-in-1 multi-format memory card reader, compatible with CompactFlash I/II, IBM Microdrive, Secure Digital (SD), miniSD, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Reduced Size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC), MultiMediaCard Plus (MMC plus), MultiMediaCard Mobile (MMC mobile), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, SmartMedia, and xD Picture Card.
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- 56K modem
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
- HP MediaSmart Software Suite: Your one-stop multimedia and entertainment center to create photo slideshows, share personal videos, listen to your favorite music playlists and watch DVD movies.
- muvee autoProducer Basic: Automatically create professional looking home videos and burn to DVD.
- Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe: Automatically fix and edit videos and create CDs and DVDs. Edit, burn and archive data to discs.
- Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial version).
- Adobe Reader 8: Read and print PDF files.
- Norton Internet Security 2009 protects your PC and your identity when you email, bank and shop online; 60 days of protection updates included.
Dimensions & Weight
It measures 16.3 x 6.9 x 15.25 inches (LxWxD) and weighs approximately 22 pounds.
What's in the Box
The HP Pavilion a6750f desktop PC comes with a power cord, keyboard, and scroller mouse. It is backed by a one-year warranty for parts and labor from date of purchase, one-year technical phone service, and 90 days of software application support.
Note: Monitor not included.
Whether you're surfing the Web, touching up photos, or mixing a soundtrack for your home videos, HP Pavilion desktop PCs offer a variety of ways to make your computing experience richer and more rewarding. As you would expect from the leader in consumer PCs and Photosmart printers, every Pavilion PC includes many intuitive features that make capturing and sharing your digital experiences easier than ever. The a6750f ships with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition with Service Pack 1, 2.3GHz AMD LIVE Smarter Digital Entertainment and AMD Phenom X4 9650 Quad-Core Processor with 2MB L2+2MB shared L3 Cache, ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with 256MB dedicated graphics memory, 8GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory (4x2048MB), 750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s hard drive, Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader, and Wireless LAN 802.11b/g, Dimensions: 6.89 (W) x 16.28 (L/D) x 15.24 (H) approx., 22 lbs.