Measuring just under 1-inch thick and weighing just under 4 pounds, the HP Pavilion dv2-1030us makes it easy for your to work and play on the go thanks to its bright 12.1-inch LED BrightView display and a nearly full-size keyboard. The lustrous magnesium-aluminum alloy casing on the outside is complemented by color-matched HP Imprint finish on the inside in Espresso black.
The HP Pavilion dv2-1030us in Espresso Imprint.
See larger image.
Super-lean but fully-loaded with the performance and connectivity you expect, it's powered by a specially designed new AMD Athlon Neo Processor-based platform that's designed specifically for small, ultra-portable notebooks. The energy-efficient 1.6 GHz AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 delivers a full PC experience, true HD entertainment and a longer battery life (of up to 3.5 hours).
Turn your next instant message into a live video chat with the integrated webcam and omni-directional microphone. Optimized for low-light environments, it's great for capturing short videos to share on your favorite social networking site. Carry all your favorite entertainment with the large-capacity 320 GB hard drive and HP MediaSmart software, which enables access to DVDs, videos, photos, music, and Internet TV at the touch of a button--including access to the best video clips from Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and MTV. An HDMI port also allows you to connect the Pavilion dv2 to your HDTV for large-screen, high-def viewing.
Other features include 4 GB of RAM (maximum capacity), an 8x SuperMulti dual-layer DVD drive with LightScribe printing, Draft-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11a/b/g/n), Fast Ethernet wired networking, a 5-in-1 memory card reader, and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3410 graphics (with 512 MB discrete memory and up to 2302 MB total system-allocated video memory). Additionally, HP's ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection locks your hard drive into place when it senses abrupt motion to help prevent data loss.
Expanding on the sophisticated elegance of HP's notebook design from the past few years, the new DV series is defined by fluid, modern lines and metalized finishes. Bursts of energy and excitement are brought to life with the HP Expresso Black Imprint, using bright flickering balls that erupt outwared against a sleek black backdrop. The streamlined look is enhanced with a color-matched keyboard and touchpad. And touch media controls light up and become visible only when the system is powered on further enhancing the clean appearance.
| Spec Check |
- 12.1-inch LCD screen
- 1.6 GHz AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 processor
- 320 GB hard drive
- 4 GB RAM (maximum)
- Dual-layer DVD±R drive
- Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3410 graphics (512 MB discrete)
- Windows Vista Premium (64-bit)
- Weighs 3.95 pounds
- Processor: Designed to deliver the balanced performance you need from your ultra-thin notebook, the 1.6 GHz AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 is an energy-efficient processor that helps keep your laptop running cool. It has a 512 KB L2 cache and up to 1600 MT/s system bus running at AC/DC mode. AMD's PowerNow! technology is the first dynamic power management technology in the industry--dynamically switches performance states (processor core voltage and operating frequency) based on processor performance requirements--and helping extend system battery life.
- Hard Drive: The large 320 GB Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive (5400 RPM) offers a wealth of storage space, perfect for storing a vast multimedia collection or for editing digital video. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
You'll enjoy enhanced hard drive protection with HP's Protectsmart, which includes a 3D accelerometer that safeguards your data by parking your hard drive if your notebook detects any range of motion, such as being knocked off your desk, falling or taking abuse.
- Memory: The 4 GB of installed RAM (2 x 2 GB) maximizes the capacity of this notebook.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 4x DVD-R DL Write Once, 2.4x DVD+R DL Write Once, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD-RW, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW, and 40x CD-ROM speeds.
This LightScribe DVD±RW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a 92 percent full-sized keyboard and a touchpad with a scroll zone.
Screen, Video & Audio
You'll enjoy razor-sharp graphics and widescreen movies with the 12.1-inch WXGA high-definition LED BrightView screen, which contains no mercury and is more efficient and thus draws less battery power. It has a widescreen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels--perfect for watching DVD movies the way they were meant to be seen. Video is powered by the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3410, which provides 512 MB of discrete graphics memory (for 2302 MB of total available graphics memory). ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series graphics processors have breakthrough efficiency, with phenomenal performance-per-watt and energy-saving features. Advance to the power of discrete graphics for HD gaming with best-in-class performance, amazing effects, and lifelike worlds and characters delivering a compelling gaming experience.
The Altec Lansing speakers provide exceptional sound, and it also includes SRS Premium Sound.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with the integrated quad-mode Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and wi-fi hotspots) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range--great for closed office environments). It comes with the following external connectors:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- 1 HDMI output (for connecting to a compatible HDTV or home theater receiver for uncompressed digital audio and video via a single cable)
- Analog video output: 1 VGA
- 1 ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)
- 1 headphone jack
- 1 microphone jack
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet networking
The 64-bit version of Windows Vista Home Premium (with SP1) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
- HP MediaSmart Software Suite: Your one-stop multimedia and entertainment center to create photo slideshows, share personal videos, listen to your favorite music playlists and watch DVD movies.
- muvee autoProducer Basic: Automatically create professional looking home videos and burn to DVD.
- Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe: Automatically fix and edit videos and create CDs and DVDs. Edit, burn and archive data to discs.
- Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial version).
- Adobe Reader 8: Read and print PDF files.
- Norton Internet Security 2009 protects your PC and your identity when you email, bank and shop online; 60 days of protection updates included.
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measures 11.5 x 9.45 x 0.93 inches (WxDxH, and it weighs 3.95 pounds.
It's powered by a 6-cell rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which has a battery life of up to 3.5 hours (depending on usage).
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Pavilion dv2-1030us notebook PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, and operating instructions. It is backed by a limited warranty for parts and labor for one year from date of purchase as well as technical telephone assistance for one year. Software is also covered for 30 days from date of purchase.
Reduce your impact on the environment with this Energy Star-certified system and HP's innovative take-back options, including trade-in, recycling and donation.