|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Processor||2.3 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||8 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||750 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||2048 MB|
HP Pavilion DV7-7012nr Notebook PC, Midnight Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor 2.30GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.30GHz
- 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM (2 DIMM); 750GB 7200RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- 2GB (2048MB) NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 Graphics; 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth®
- 17.3-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080); Blu-ray player and SuperMulti DVD burner
- Backlit Keyboard; 9-cell 100WHr lithium-ion battery; Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit); 2 Year HP Warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I recently bought a 17" HP Envy, and dv7t, all in the last two months. So in comparision to both, this one is the latest 3rd generation Ivy Bridge processor, (the first number of model starts with a 3, example: i7 3610QM, whereas the 2nd gen start with a 2, example: i7 2670QM) you can check all the tech stuff on HP and intel sites, but as far as I can tell it delivers seemless graphics, richer detail and higher resolution.
The screen is a full HD Anit-glare 1920 x 1080, that is the highest definition that you can get from a TV, and it plugs right into your TV via HDMI cable or Widi (which you will have to buy separately for under $100). And the anti-glare really works, I use this under flourescent lights and I cannot even see my own reflection in the screen. And with the installed Blu-Ray player, it really makes a difference watching it on an LED 1920 x 1080 versus anything else, take advantage of the clear, crisp, colorful features of Blu-Rays.
In comparison to the Envy, it has the standard features on an Envy, the 1920x1080, the backlight keyboard, and built-in graphics card. No switchable graphics here like all most models where you have to switch from discrete 3000 to whatever graphics card is installed, this is on all the time, but that does mean it kills your power a lot faster, but it is just more convienent. I am not a gamer in the least, but I wanted to get the lastest so I can pass this onto my son in a few years, and I know he is into gaming, so just consider what you are going to do with this in the future. But as far as I know, graphics don't make any difference on Blu-Ray or DVD playback. But it's nice to know it's there if you want it.Read more ›
Before pros and cons, this laptop is really good laptop.
Good company, high quality.
First design of this laptop is really good. Slick black and aluminium brush.
Case of this laptop is made of aluminium except screen bezel. Screen bezel is made of plastic.
1.Good speaker. (beat by dr.dre speaker 4 speakers inside)
2. fingerprint sensor. (you can use this lots of way)
3. new cpu (use ivybridge)
4. touch pad lock feature (if you don't have this feature right now, u will know)
5. unique function keys (play button, mute button, etc are exist from f1 to f12 you don't have to use "fn" button when u use)
6. Sleek design (much thinner than same spec gamer's laptop.)
1. really important!! it getting hot easily when you play 3d game.(it has one or two cooler) normally it never getting hot fortunately.(so i order cooler.)
2. they put too much crab-wares. it is hard to delete at first.
3. it has only one headphone-out. not 2 like before version.
4. it said 750gb hard drive but actually it has about 700gb and i can use only 580gb
Pros- Price, looks, great specs
Cons- Is there such a thing as too awesome?
Just a note. To turn on the back lit keyboard feature, use F5. I did not know that at first and thought I had got gypped. Ha! Ha!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Laptop is still going strong, support was great when i had a problem they fixed it for me in no time, this things really fast and REALLY LOUD everyody is like daaaanngg is that... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Brett W
Three months after the 2-year warranty ran out, and none of my usb ports work. Online tech support did try to help but could not get them running again. Read morePublished 13 months ago by North Woods
I had high expectations for this laptop since it was quite expensive, but it behaves erratically at times. Maybe that is the mark of a laptop.Published 14 months ago by Tom Reints
(reviewed in January 2014, purchased mid 2013)
I fell in love with this PC due mainly to the fact of the 2nd hard drive bay. The stock HD is a (forget size) @ 7200 RPM. Read more
I have had this laptop since January, 2013 and I'm very happy and fully satisfied.
I purchased from Eluktronics Inc. Read more
Hands down speed, precision..everything is fantastic except....the A key on my keyboard doesn't always work.. Read morePublished on May 9, 2013 by Ron Taylor
This is my first computer so I had a friend help me pick out a good one. More of everything than I need and much more sophisticat than the ones owned by the people that are... Read morePublished on May 6, 2013 by sandra willmon
the laptop is excellent, but the hard drive was damaged at 3 months, the international warranty is a tremendous crap hp, connect the second disc is a problem getting the SATA... Read morePublished on April 5, 2013 by Paul Jonathan
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.