When desk space is at a premium¿or just not available¿the powerful, space-efficient HP Pavilion Slimline PC may be just what you're looking for. Barely a third the size of a conventional tower, this PC surrenders none of its functionality or performance. The SuperMulti DVD burner lets you create music mixes, video discs, and digital photo albums on your own DVDs and CDs, and LightScribe technology lets you etch custom, silkscreen-quality labels and artwork directly onto LightScribe-enabled discs. The front-loading HP Pocket Media Drive bay lets you expand your storage and transfer large media libraries conveniently (drive sold separately). The front-panel 15-in-1 memory card reader makes it easy to transfer photos, music, and other files to and from your digital camera and other peripheral devices. The Slimline s3700f ships with Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 2.60GHz AMD Athlon X2 5000 Dual-Core Processor with 1MB L2 Cache, 3GB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM memory (1x2048MB 1x1024MB), 320GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive, SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technoloy, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE Graphics with 128MB dedicated graphics Memory, and a Front panel 15-in-1 memory card reader. Dimensions: 13.39 (W) x 4.21 (L/D) x 10.87 (H) approx., 17.49 lbs. approx.
The HP Pavilion s3720f Slimline desktop PC gives you all the power of a fully loaded home/office desktop in a sleek, silver-and-black chassis that's one-third the size of a traditional PC tower, enabling you to place it unobtrusively anywhere--from your office to entertainment center to kitchen. You can easily burn your home video productions to DVD for friends and family with the dual-layer, multi-format LightScribe DVD/CD burner, which enables you to store up to 8.5 GB of data on a DL disc.
The sleek, black HP Slimline S3700F won't take over your desk (see larger version; monitor not included.
This desktop is powered by the 2.6 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ dual-core processor, which increases the efficiency and speed of the PC while running multiple programs and the latest multi-threaded software. It features a large 320 GB hard drive, and it includes an open drive bay for an optional HP Pocket Media Drive (which can add up to 160 GB of storage). Other features include 3 GB of installed RAM (4 GB maximum), Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE graphics with 128 MB of dedicated memory (and up to 1343 MB of available memory), multi-format memory card reader, a wide variety of connectivity options (including both USB 2.0 and Firewire), and digital audio output for home theater surround sound.
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit, Service Pack 1) includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
|Spec Check |
- 2.6 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ dual-core processor
- 320 GB hard drive
- 3 GB RAM (4 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer DVD±R drive
- Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE graphics (up to 1343 MB total)
- Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (32-bit)
Video & Audio
- Processor: AMD's Athlon 64 X2 5000+ dual-core processor is built for tomorrow's 64-bit applications, which will require a processor with significant power. Dual-core technology is like having two processors working together, each one taking care of different applications, so power-users actually experience greater performance when multiple applications are running. Digital media enthusiasts will appreciate the enhancements while simultaneously working in high-definition video and photo editing and audio mixing programs. It includes such AMD features as HyperTransport Technology (which increases the communication between integrated circuits) and Enhanced Virus Protection.
This 2.6 GHz processor offers a system bus with speeds up to a blazing 2000 MHz and each core offers a 512 KB L2 cache--for a 1 MB total. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Hard Drive: The 320 GB Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive (7200 RPM) offers a wealth of storage space, perfect for storing a vast multimedia collection or for editing digital video. This SATA hard drive has a 3Gb/s interface speed that enables up to 300MB/s data transfer rates (double the speed of the current SATA interface of 1.5Gb/s).
This Slimline PC also includes a drive bay that fits an optional HP Pocket Media Drive, which enables you to add up to 160 GB of additional storage. The Pocket Media Drive also works with any USB-enabled PC, for easy transferring of multimedia files from other computers in your home.
- Memory: The 3 GB of installed RAM (PC6400, 1 x 2 GB, 2 x 1 GB) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this desktop's video card. It also offers a fast 800 MHz speed. This notebook has a 4 GB maximum RAM capacity (2 x 2 GB). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 12x DVD±R DL Write Once, 16x DVD±R, 8x DVD+RW, 6x DVD-RW, 12x DVD-RAM, 40x CD-R, 32x CD-RW write speeds and 40x CD-ROM, and 16x DVD-ROM read speeds.
This LightScribe DVD±RW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: It comes with an HP multimedia keyboard and scroller mouse (both with PS/2 connections).
This desktop features an integrated Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE graphics/video card with 128 MB of dedicated graphics memory. Windows Vista can also allocate up to 1343 MB of total graphics memory from the system memory. It features NVidia's PureVideo technology--which provides great picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for video content--and full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 for stunningly realistic cinematic effects for all DirectX-compatible applications. It also offers an integrated audio card that can produce high definition surround sound configurable to 8 speakers.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
For expansion, this Slimline desktop has one PCI x1 Express slot (occupied), one PCI x16 Express slot (occupied), one 5.25-inch external bay (occupied), and one 3.5-inch bay (occupied). It comes with the following external connections:
- 6 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players (2 front, 4 back)
- 1 FireWire (also known as IEEE 1394 or i.Link) port for connecting digital video camcorders and other peripherals
- 15-in-1 multi-format memory card reader, compatible with CompactFlash I/II, IBM Microdrive, Secure Digital (SD), miniSD, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Reduced Size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC), MultiMediaCard Plus (MMC plus), MultiMediaCard Mobile (MMC mobile), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, SmartMedia, and xD Picture Card
- 2 PS/2 ports for connecting keyboards and mice
- 1 VGA monitor port
- 1 line-in, 1 line-out, 1 microphone, and 1 digital audio output
- Fast Ethernet port for 10/100 networking
- 56K modem
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (32-bit) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
- HP MediaSmart Software Suite: Your one-stop multimedia and entertainment center to create photo slideshows, share personal videos, listen to your favorite music playlists and watch DVD movies.
- muvee autoProducer Basic: Automatically create professional looking home videos and burn to DVD.
- Cyberlink DVD Suite Deluxe: Automatically fix and edit videos and create CDs and DVDs. Edit, burn and archive data to discs.
- Microsoft Works 9: Includes a word processor, spreadsheet, database and calendar.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (60-day trial version).
- Adobe Reader 8: Read and print PDF files.
- Norton Internet Security 2009 protects your PC and your identity when you email, bank and shop online; 60 days of protection updates included.
Dimensions & Weight
This Slimline desktop measures 13.39 x 4.2 x 10.9 inches (LxWxH/D) and weighs approximately 19.7 pounds.
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Slimline s3700f desktop PC, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. It is backed by a limited warranty for parts and labor for one year from date of purchase as well as technical telephone assistance for one year. Software is also covered for 90 days from date of purchase.
Note: Monitor not included.