Protect your system and online accounts with your unique fingerprint for advanced security and peace of mind. The integrated 1.3-megapixel WebCam (and integrated microphone) provides easy video conferencing via VoIP and video IM chats. And control content from up to 10 feet away with the HP Mobile Remote Control that can be stored in the ExpressCard slot for convenience.
Optimized for mobile performance, it's powered by the 2.1 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 dual-core processor, which offers 64-bit computing capability and higher throughput for simultaneous computing tasks. Other features include a 250 GB hard drive, 3 GB of installed RAM (4 GB maximum), quad-mode Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth connectivity, multi-format/dual-layer LightScribe DVD+/-RW drive (which also burns CDs), ExpressCard slot, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 video/graphics card with 527 MB of shared video RAM, and Gigabit Ethernet.
It comes preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1), which includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center. In addition to easily playing your DVD movies and managing your digital audio library, you'll be able to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV). Vista also integrates new search tools throughout the operating system, includes new parental control features, and offers new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures.
- Processor: The 2.1 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 processor offers a dual-core architecture, which delivers additional computing resources to help expand your PCâs capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing--increasing your performance by up to 80 percent. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly thanks to the innovative Direct Connect Architecture. And it's designed to handle simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. You'll enjoy long battery life thanks to the AMD PowerNow! power management technology, which delivers performance on demand and can extend system battery life up to 65 percent. And the AMD Digital Media XPress technology delivers stellar multimedia performance and playback on digital entertainment such as games, streaming video and audio, DVDs, and music.
Each processing core has a 512 KB L2 cache (for a 1 MB total), and this processor can deliver up to a 1600 MHz system bus for lightning quick computing reflexes. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
- Hard Drive: The extra-large 250 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM) provides more than enough capacity for storing a large audio and video library, as well as extra space required for video editing. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
- Memory: The 3 GB of installed RAM (PC5300, 1 x 2 GB, 2 x 1 GB) helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. It also offers a top-of-class 667 MHz speed. This notebook has a 4 GB maximum RAM capacity (2 x 2 GB). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 4x DVD-R DL Write Once, 2.4x DVD+R DL Write Once, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD-RW, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW, and 40x CD-ROM speeds.
This LightScribe DVD±RW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a 101-key keyboard and a touchpad with on/off button and dedicated vertical/horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad. It also includes two quick-launch buttons (HP QuickPlay Music and DVD).
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader: A fingerprint reader offers advanced security by using fingerprints instead of standard passwords to access online accounts, such as banks and e-mail. To set up access, each fingerprint is associated with a password through Verisoft Access Manager. Verisoft Single Sign On (SSO) stores user names and passwords to an unlimited number of sites and automatically enters logon credentials. If more than one person uses the notebook PC, each can use a fingerprint to logon to a computer user account and access preset preferences and files.
The 12.1-inch touchscreen-enabled WXGA high-definition LCD can swivel 180 degrees, providing optimal angles for viewing DVD movies and business presentations, and it folds flat for working in tight travel spaces such as airplanes or trains. It has a 1280 x 800-pixel resolution. Video is powered by the integrated Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 graphics/video card, which provides up to 527 MB of video memory shared with the system memory. It features NVidia's PureVideo technology--which provides great picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for video content--and full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 for stunningly realistic cinematic effects for all DirectX-compatible applications.
The Altec Lansing speakers provide exceptional sound, and a pair of stereo earbud headphones with volume controls is included. You'll be able to privately share enjoyment of multimedia with a friend via the dual headphone jacks. One of the headphone jacks is also compatible with SPDIF digital audio output for home theater surround sound.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with this notebook's integrated quad-mode Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range--great for closed office environments). You also get super-fast wired connectivity, with a Gigabit Ethernet port (10/100/1000).
With the Bluetooth connectivity, you can communicate and synchronize with Bluetooth-enabled peripherals such as PDAs and cell phones. This notebook includes a next-generation ExpressCard 34 card slot (replacing the PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. You get a good offering of connectivity options:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video out: 1 VGA monitor port and 1 S-Video port for connecting to a TV or projector
- 1 ExpressCard 34
- 1 headphone jack (with S/PDIF digital audio compatibility) and 1 microphone jack
- 1 notebook expansion port 3 (for use with the HP xb3000 Expansion Base or the HP Notebook QuickDock)
- 2 consumer IR (infrared)--1 on notebook, 1 on LCD panel
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
- Gigabit Ethernet port for 10/100/1000 networking
- Integrated 56K modem (V.90)
Windows Vista Home Premium is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Includes Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Teacher Edition (60-day trial), Muvee Autoproducer, Cyberlink DVD Suite, PC Recovery, HP PhotoSmart Essentials, and Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008 (with 60 days of Live Update).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measure 8.82 x 12.05 x 1.52 inches and weigh 4.53 pounds.
This notebook is powered by a 6-cell rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which offers between 2 and 3 hours of battery life (dependent upon computing conditions).
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Pavilion tx2110us tablet PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, IR remote control, earphones, and operating instructions. It is backed by a limited warranty for parts and labor for one year from date of purchase as well as technical telephone assistance for one year. Software is also covered for 30 days from date of purchase.