|Screen Size||14.1 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768|
|Max Screen Resolution||1336 x 768 pixels|
|Processor||2.4 GHz Intel Core i5|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||500 GB|
|Card Description||Graphics Media AcceleratorHD|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||6.5 hours|
HP Pavilion dm4-1160us 14-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 6.25 Hours of Battery Life (Argento)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i5-450M Processor (2.40GHz); 4GB DDR3 SDRAM memory (2 x 2GB) (expandable to 8GB); 500GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard drive; Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 14 Inch diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768), Intel HD Graphics with up to 1696MB total graphics memory, Intel Wi-Di ready to wirelessly stream your photos, videos and other PC content to an HD TV
- External Ports: 5-in-1 memory card reader; 3 USB 2.0 (3rd port shared with eSATA); 1 HDMI; 1 VGA (15-pin); 1 RJ -45 (LAN); 1 Headphone-out; 1 Microphone-in
- SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support; Dolby Advanced Audio with Altec Lansing speakers; Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN & Bluetooth
- Brushed aluminum finish; 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard; HP Clickpad with On/Off button; HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone; HP SimplePass with integrated fingerprint reader
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
PROS: Awesome aluminum design, bright display, bluetooth, good webcam, 7200rpm HD, fast processor, runs cool, great WiFi range, good battery life, lightweight (4.41 lbs), fingerprint reader, sturdy, WiDi, HP QuickWeb
CONS: Touchpad gestures, keyboard stiffness, mediocre audio, dvd eject button
* MY PERSONAL NEEDS:
My focus while searching for a new laptop was for portable productivity including office and business applications, software development kits (I'm a programmer), and presentations. I was looking for something with decent processing power to handle multiple applications. What I was not looking for was a gaming machine. The graphics card was therefore somewhat irrelevant. This dm4-1160us by HP stood out because it offered a great processor, Bluetooth, a good webcam, and decent battery life in a light and perfectly manageable package.
* FIRST IMPRESSIONS UPON OPENING:
From the start I knew this was the laptop for me. The aluminum finish, including the design that complements it, is truly a work of art in terms of both aesthetics and practicality. Most modern laptops have a glossy finish that attract fingerprints seemingly even when you're not touching it. This is the complete opposite offering a sleek and professional look without constantly having to wipe it down. During the first few hours of personalization I noticed no hint of heat nor slow down of any kind. It has been quick from the start. Boot up times are average, but perfectly reasonable and even quicker if you take advantage of HP's QuickWeb feature that lets you use some common applications without booting into Windows.Read more ›
I love this machine, and think it is a steal for not much more than $700. Maybe it's not for everybody, but don't let rumors of touchpad issues dissuade you.
This laptop is awesome. It's thin, light, and does everything I want it to do. For those who wish to compare their typical personal computing activities to mine, mine consist of:
1) General internet browsing (paying bills, checking email, shopping, Facebook, etc.)
2) Streaming video/music over the internet (Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, iTunes, etc.)
3) Watching DVD movies
4) Playing not-too-complex computer games (nothing needing major graphics power just yet)
5) Creating/editing MS Word or Excel document (journals, budgets, etc.)
6) Downloading digital pictures from cameras & uploading them to the internet (with mild editing in between)
7) Backing up my files to an external USB hard drive (I don't like holding all of my eggs in one basket)
This computer does all of this with ease and is actually attractive to look at. The system also has built-in microphone and camera, which I'd love to use but haven't gotten around to it yet.
HP's site has these exact same systems for their "quick ship" options (systems that are already assembled as supposed to the ones they have to 'build' and then ship to you), but Amazon had this one for less PLUS I was able to take advantage of my Amazon Prime free 2-day shipping!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The laptop is ok for the price. I bought this machine in 2011 from Amazon.
* Good battery life: While it doesn't last 6+ hours on a single charge, it has a... Read more
Just what I needed as I wanted, up to 6 hours of constant work. would be an excellent choice!
I love it.
i spent over $400 dollars on a laptop from them, that not only came with absolutely nothing on it, but broken hinges connecting the screen to the keyboard. Read morePublished on September 5, 2013 by Hailey
My parents bought this for my for my first year of college. We got a refurbished version because it was cheaper and it was on sale for $450.00. Read morePublished on April 6, 2013 by Jason
ran perfectly out of the box - fast start up probably because it isn't bloated with lots of pre-loaded software; good for viewing dvds, although I use external speakers and screen.Published on March 2, 2013 by Mindy Trask
Battery life better than any other laptop I have owned and have had no problems with this laptop whatsoever. Glad I got it!Published on February 16, 2013 by Marianne C. Rafferty
Very good product. Although it is small but still a high-end laptop. The construction is robust and durable. I have been using it since more than one year without any complains.Published on February 9, 2013 by Sanjay Mohanty
This was great for my team I'm happy with my purchase was almost new team I have no complaint of any kind in the package was very perfect balado came to Venezuela that was the last... Read morePublished on January 20, 2013 by jonathan merlin