|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1600 x 900|
|Max Screen Resolution||1600 x 900 pixels|
|Processor||1.6 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||6 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||1 TB|
HP Pavilion dv7-4190us 17.3-Inch Laptop
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Intel Core i7-720QM Processor (1.60GHz); 6GB DDR3 SDRAM memory (2 DIMM) (expandable to 8GB); 1TB (Terabyte 2x500GB 7200 RPM) hard drive; Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 17.3 Inch diagonal High-Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900), ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 switchable graphics with 1GB dedicated DDR3 memory up to 3738MB total graphics memory
- External Ports: 5-in-1 memory card reader; 4 USB 2.0 (4th port shared with eSATA); 1 HDMI; 1 VGA (15-pin); 1 RJ -45 (LAN); 1 Headphone-out; 1 Microphone-in
- LightScribe Technology Blu-ray/SuperMulti DVD Burner; Beats Audio and HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer; Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Brushed aluminum finish; 101-key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad; HP Clickpad with On/Off button; HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone; HP SimplePass with integrated fingerprint reader
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
I looked up some forums on the internet, and alot of ppl are having very simlar or the same problems, especially with HP's customer service.
Now I dont know if you going to have the same issue(s) with yours, I'm just saying 3 of mines did..
- Internet browsing is a breeze, page loading is really super fast
- In spite of someone mentioned that the keyboard is not so good, I do like the keyboard layout, its strong and you have the confidence that it would not break so easily.
- I cannot, let me be very clear, I cannot use the mouse pad at all, its completely erraraneous and very hard. So I am using a wireless mouse. Most of the time I find the mouse first and then look where I kept the laptop.
- display sucks, just forget about clarity
- finger print reader is a nuasance. 4 out of 5 times it doesn't work. So to login to the machine, I do have to scan my finger, wait for it to process (probably 4-5 seconds), scan my finger again ..... and at one time it works. What the hell, just type the password.
- audio did stuttered a few times, I thought its the music file itself. But the same song works fine in the same laptop.
- No firewire or usb3.0 ports!
The details about the "argento style" is very good.
The size of the disc is for my needs.
The the hertz of the cpu is ok.
The battery life, it is almost 5 hours...not 5.25, but it is ok.
The fact to have blu-ray is a good advantage for movies.
The kind of video card... is not the best.... it is a medium kind, do not support physx, but with the appropiate driver could support stereographic for 3d (haven't found yet but the specs says it support), this card was one of the first one in the world to support Directx 11 for laptops.
Not as a fast as I thought for 6gb on memory, but still it is fast.
Overall great laptop for the price.
No problems yet!!!!!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this 5 years ago and it was good for it's time but has finally died. It worked OK when it worked. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Joel W. Schumacher
I won't give you five stars just for two reasons:
When I close the laptop and then, I open it to continue working, the brightness button (which is a key from the keyword) does... Read more
I was originally going to write a lengthy review on this laptop but after 6 months of use and promptly replacing it with a MacBook Air, I'll never look back. Read morePublished on January 13, 2014 by thatoneguy
I've had it now for 3 years. It works really good with programs that need alot of memory... the gaming is nice and smooth but it heats up alot and the real battery life when new is... Read morePublished on December 20, 2013 by Ed
It doesn't work as i expected, it has many problems with the configuration between the OS and the graphic cardPublished on November 14, 2013 by Pablo Alexis Trejo
I purchased this laptop in Nov 2010. The only complaints I have on this is that it does get extremely hot at times. Just make sure you keep the vents clear underneath!! Read morePublished on October 11, 2013 by Matthew Peirce
My wife thought I was nuts for purchasing this HP DV7-4190US 17.3" LAPTOP Ii7 8GB on EBay for $455. I had read a few reviews prior and most were good. Read morePublished on June 30, 2012 by Perry Mercer
I bought this laptop little more than a year ago. It was working with no issues for a year and now I use it as heater. Read morePublished on April 30, 2012 by Sandeep