|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1600 x 900|
|Max Screen Resolution||1600 x 900 pixels|
|Processor||1.8 GHz Phenom Quad-Core|
|RAM||4 GB DDR3|
|Hard Drive||640 GB SATA|
|Graphics Coprocessor||AMD Radeon HD 6370|
|Card Description||Radeon HD 6370|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||4|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||7 hours|
HP Pavilion dv7-4270us 17.3-Inch Entertainment Notebook PC - Silver
- VISION Technology from AMD - Premium with AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Mobile Processor P960
- 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM) Max supported = 8GB
- 640GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive (SATA) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- AMD Radeon HD 6370 switchable graphics with 512MB DDR3 with up to 2173MB total graphics memory
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
It is blazing fast! It played Crysis without the first hiccup. Adobe Lightroom is instant. Microsoft Office 2010 programs load before I can get my finger off the mouse button. Six generous Gigs of RAM take care of all the tasks for which I use this computer. It is almost a desktop replacement.
The ATI graphics is good, and the Beats audio is rich. The bass response can be a little too much when external speakers are hooked up. It seems to be optimized for headphone and built-in speaker listening. This is easily adjusted with the Beats control program in the system tray.
The camera built in at the top of the screen is the almost as good as the MacBook Pro's camera. It is light years ahead of the cheap webcams I've seen on the other laptops at the store. It accurately accounts for the available light in the room and has a sharp picture.
The 17.3in. screen is ample, bright, and crisp. The color response seems to be good and it has no perceptible blur. It has the glossy surface, so we get a little deeper blacks, but also a little glare. I must say that it is not bad about glare, however. It has not been an issue under several different lighting conditions. It's really just not a problem.
The fingerprint reader... this thing is really nice. I was worried that this would be some cheesy gee-whiz gadget that would be more trouble than it's worth. I didn't expect to use it. I was wrong. It has a very intuitive control panel that comes up the first time you swipe it. It can control your computer login and also can be used for each website at which you login.Read more ›
- Cool!! Only warm after hours of video. For non-video intensive application, it is just slightly warm on upper left part of the laptop. Amazing !! The fan is quiet but it is not silent. How can HP run AMD Quad Core with little heat?! I spent $1000+ to build a Home Theater PC 7 years ago... So I know how difficult to keep the heat down.
- The Microsoft movie maker, word+excel (limited function) are useful, all other Microsoft application are very basic! Lucky HP provides Corel VideoStudio and PaintShop Pro apps. The HP MediaSmart is not bad, it handles most of your multimedia needs.
- The Cyberlink DVD/CD burning apps is also very basic.
- To create a recovery DVD, it took 6 DVD discs and about 3 to 4 hours..... Each DVD is about 4GB, I wonder what is on these 24GB !! You can only create it once. Don't start it before you go to sleep, or you will need to stay up for 4 hours.
- The LED 17.3" screen is very nice. Video and pictures look very nice on it. It is also very cool to touch. But you can't use it in front of a window. The screen is quite reflective.
- The blue ray drive is a little slow, or may be the software is slow. It takes about 1 to 2 minutes to start a blue ray movie. But the HP Blue Ray player software has an easy interface.
- HDMI connection to TV is very easy. I played Avatar on it, it is my first blue ray disc. Very clear and beautiful color. Better than DVD even on my 720P (not 1080p) 50" TV!
- The hinges of the screen is very tight. I can not open the screen with one hand.
- The multi-touch mouse pad is good. I can use two fingers to scroll and zoom.Read more ›
The finger print reader as others have mentioned really works, and is extremely easy to use. It doesn't lag (there are no fake screens that pop up pretending to show a scan of finger prints or anything of that sort), you just swipe and it accepts or rejects immediately. And in a nanosecond, you are signed in, which I found to be of great use, because I hate turning automatic sign-ins on for a lot of programs on the computer. It may not sound like much at first, and when I bought this, I thought it was something that I'd probably never use, but once I've tested it out, I'd definitely use it for messengers, skype, and some internet passwords.
The screen is very large, bright, and gives you a wide viewing area. Now part of it might be because I'm coming from a Vaio, but I really like the large screen to watch movies or TV shows online, as you don't have to sit right beside the computer to get a good picture. The screen does have a bit of glare, but I use this computer mostly in my home and school. When exposed to light, you can see your reflection sometimes, although if programs are open, it's a lot harder to tell unless you are specifically looking for it.
The touch pad is a bit tricky. I like the large surface area of the touch pad, easier to navigate pages that way. But it runs into a couple of problems. One is the multi-touch feature. To zoom in and out on a screen, you bring together or move apart your fingers (exactly how you zoom on an iphone). Now, that alone would've been fine itself.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this computer for my hubby years back and he loves it. It has so many specifications and he loves the size too.Published on January 28, 2014 by Irene A.
We purchased this computer for our son, who is attending college, for his birthday. He loves it, and says best laptop we've purchased for him. Read morePublished on January 4, 2013 by tammy
The HP Pavilion dv7-4270us is a great laptop, just as good as ones priced way higher. It's extremely fast and very easy to use, and has a lot of cool features like the simple pass... Read morePublished on October 13, 2011 by NGC316
My daughter just bought one of these hers came with 6gb ram, and brought it over to show me. I just bought a Lenovo for same price as this HP, and it blows the Lenovo right out of... Read morePublished on October 7, 2011 by Bustoff
I have a Dv7 laptop from HP (ordered from HP.com) and I customized it to my liking. So I wont be able to review this on the pre-installed hardware. Read morePublished on August 22, 2011 by Brendon
The sound from this laptop is much better than anything else it has to offer. The keyboard has two tiny keys for up-arrow and down-arrow - they squeezed two keys into the place of... Read morePublished on July 15, 2011 by Dave
This is my 7th PC and my 3rd laptop, and it is the easiest so far to get up and running. The finish is impeccable and the price is far less than my previous computers. Read morePublished on July 11, 2011 by R. Wilson
I bought this laptop as a replacement for my 18 month old Toshiba A500 (in the same price range) that had the problem of all USB ports being loose. Read morePublished on June 29, 2011 by Bart Willems
I bought this laptop for the Buy a Windows 7 laptop Get a Free Xbox 360 promotion for college students. Read morePublished on June 29, 2011 by Gina
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.