5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful laptop
This computer is wonderful!

I was looking for an upgrade from my old laptop I had bought back in about 2007. It came with Windows 8, which I wasn't sure about. I feel that Windows 8 is very smooth so far.

Published 17 months ago by Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!!!
Published 15 months ago by Ken

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful laptop, February 23, 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion g7-2270us 17.3-Inch Laptop Intel i3-3110M 2.4GHZ Processor, 6 GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive, Windows 8 (Black) (Personal Computers)
This computer is wonderful!

Overall, this laptop has exceeded my expectations; the 6GB memory is exceptional, the i3 is fast enough for graphic work and programs were easy to install, media player runs beautifully, 750GB HD gives room to maneuver, and the screen is awesome! I am more than pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Same Price With Better CPU, February 21, 2013
Same price but better CPU. Don't know why people still buy 2240us. Got one of this from staples. They want to sell 2240us so this one was even not displayed. I reserved online and finally got one. Good substitute to my Desktop. Collected to TV for 1080p movie. Collected to PS3 controller for Games. This computer does everything. So far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD Disc Tray problem solution, April 20, 2013
Hi, just bought this computer , very nice , and fast, windows 8 is good , just need to download the cheat app for window 8 , just type it in the start screen.
now for people having problems with the dvd disc door opening, there is a very simple answer. You have to google an app called POWER 2 GO 8 , you can copy files
with this program , you have to restart for the program to work. You cannot miss the big icon on your desktop, at the bottom left left corner of the icon you will see an arrow,
click on the arrow and this opens a window for that program, you drag the files you want to copy to a disc by dragging them into this window, then hit the burn button , and use a r/ or rw disc. the best part is there is a triangular button in the upper tool bar of this window, click on this button and the computer disc
door will open with great ease, every time . It send a electrical signal and it works great. I really like this computer , still very new , so far so good.
and window 8 is good , just make sure you update windows 8 first, create a restore point, and make a back up disc , and install anti virus , before surfing the web. Hope all this helps someone.
Using this POWER 2 GO 8 software, you never have to try and open the disc door manually again.

fishman356

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!!!, May 4, 2013
Shoppers all I can say is do your research on the HP Laptop G7 series. Lots of problems with Bios corruptions and other graphic viewing issues, hundreds on google. The whole line of HP laptops from the DV series including the G7's. Mine was a G7-2270- us and my wife's was a G7- 1260- US, both fatal problems at 12 months, mine bios failure, hers graphic chip came loose, both cost over 350 to fix, not worth it. Do your homework better than I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and Economical!, March 6, 2013
As an Office Manager I spend a lot of time working on the computer, however for the last six months I've been using a 12-inch netbook for work. I finally got sick of the tiny type, and invested in the HP Pavilion 2270, and I'm really glad I did! Not only is the display beautiful, but Windows 8 is actually easier to adapt to than I expected. I did a lot of price comparing before buying, and for the price you can't go wrong with this laptop! The only downside in my opinion is the shiny finish - I much prefer a flat, dull finish that won't pick up fingerprints or debris as visibly, but that is only a minor annoyance on an otherwise awesome product!

3.0 out of 5 stars wonderful laptop, but....., March 6, 2013
I bought this laptop as a replacement for an older desktop a couple of weeks ago. I wanted a large screen, since I do a lot of school work (teacher) at home, and didn't want to have to squint to see it (eyesight issues) I love the screen, I really like the keyboard. It has a slight texture to it which seems to make it easier to type. Really haven't had major problems with Windows 8, I think it just takes some getting used to.

My major concern is the disk drive. It will NOT open using the side button, I have to go through several steps before I can open it using the keyboard. This is a big problem for me since I am an elementary music teacher, and am constantly listening to CDs, and creating CDs. Will be calling HP Support to see what they will do, and will update my review after talking with them. So far now, I am giving it 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop, April 3, 2013
This laptop is a great replacement for my 7 year old one. Windows 8 takes a little getting used to, but no big problem. I love the wide screen, pictures are clear and never had any problems since i received it. Webpages load up fairly quickly and downloading is fairly speedy also.I have been using HP laptops and desktops for years and would not buy another brand. I am really happy once again with my HP purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst laptop I have ever owned., July 11, 2013
I telecommute and heavily rely on my computer. I usually burn them out after 18 months. I have had IBM (good), Acer (bad), Sony (great), and another HP (good). However, this computer is awful - slow, tries to anticipate your needs - and fails; and Windows 8 sucks. I hate everything about it and will shortly replace it. A complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Laptop!, March 19, 2013
This laptop is so much faster & easier to use than any others that I owned. Wish I could afford to buy another. Great seller!

5.0 out of 5 stars good laptop !!! better than 2240us, February 17, 2013
I just bought this laptop last week and have been using it for 1 week.

-------2240US-----------
Intel Core i3-2370M 2.4 GHz (3 MB Cache)
6 GB DDR3
750 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, Intel HD graphics 3000
--------2270US-----------
Intel Core i3-3110M 2.4 GHz (6 MB Cache)
6 GB DDR3
750 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics 4000

2270US has much better cpu & graphics, but for the price , they are close.

Please be aware that the 3rd generation is 10% faster than the old generation.

that is the reason I purchased 2270us. i3-2nd generation cpu is nothing comparing to i3-3rd generation.

So far , it deserves its price .

Rate and Discover Movies