4.0 out of 5 stars Bare bones...and one is broken after 6 months
This is a real bare bones PC - nothing seems to be alterable, nor can I add on additional features. The CD/DVD opening button is very flimsy. This morning I was ready to make a CD of some photos for a friend...the CD will not open at all. I'm really disgusted with it! If I had purchased the unit locally I'd just run it back to the store and get it taken care of. I'm...
Published 13 months ago by M. Brammall

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some issues
Published 19 months ago by Brigitte Pauli

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Has some issues, December 23, 2012
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
After using this computer with my "old" 27" monitor for about 4 weeks, the monitor went out, so I quit using this computer and set up my old all-in-one (also HP) again so I could use the Office system on it. So my experience below is based on only 4 weeks of use. I will eventually buy another screen for this and put it in our second office as the third (least used) computer as I observed the following:
1. This computer shuts down the Internet Explorer feature due to some problem at least once every 2.5 hours. This is bad news when you're in the middle of trying to send an e-mail with an attachment of fewer than 1 MB, etc.
2. Windows 8 is far less practical for commercial use than Windows 7 as it does not have the super easy to use search for anything on the comptuer feature, which is all important for me as a translator who frequently has to revert back to previous files that may have been done a year or more ago. Windows 8 has all these functions people who like to "play" and not work with their computers might like, but it has not been a good practical experience for someone who uses the after market offline features (Office program, movie creation program) more than the online features.
3. The hardware itself makes weird noises when you put in any kind of CD or DVD. Very loud and mechanical sounding.
4. The computer does not have a built in sound system.

Pluses: It worked very well reception wise after I used a Lexar remote stick with it even though our Internet connection is in another building. This may of course be thanks to the quality of the stick and not the computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, unless you plan on throwing this machine away to upgrade., January 28, 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
This machine has no room for expansion. This machine has a network driver that they only make windows 8 drivers for. I even tried downloading the specific Atheros AR8152 drivers for windows 7 64 bit. This machine is impossible to downgrade to windows 7. This machine has convinced me to run away from HP as quickly as possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, December 4, 2012
Rev (NYC, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
You know an HP computer is going to come bogged down with bloatware, and you think you can just remove it. But it's truly amazing how much crap they've loaded on to this machine. Easily more than an hour just uninstalling crap.

The hardware isn't great, either. When the DVD drive is open, the door blocks the door so you can't close it. You have to push the drawer in by hand, which half the time just gets stuck. It's also the loudest optical drive I've ever owned.

And the keyboard that comes with it is really stuff and uncomfortable. I really wish I'd spent a little more and bought a different brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, February 13, 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
HP should be ashamed of themselves. You cannot boot to Hard Drive or USB. Period. No other OS than Windows 8. This should be so illegal that someone in legal gets a headache from even thinking about doing it.

This goes against everything a PC was made to be. Disgusting.

1.0 out of 5 stars HP service warning, April 5, 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
I am a pc user of more than 25 years; my first purchase was an IBM XT.
I purchased a hp m8430 desktop system from Amazon several years ago for around $700.
I had recently decommissioned a Compaq laptop that I had been delighted with. It lasted six years. I had used other HP products and was a loyal customer, based on their performance.

The desktop was trouble from the start. I complained to customer service the day the warrantee ran out, and they would not honor it.

Soon thereafter, the machine became too slow to use despite Norton's then version of what is currently 360. HP customer service was extremely polite but totally incompetent. It was mostly Indian in India, but the problem wasn't language. They didn't know what they were doing. slowness was maddening. Their highest level tech told me to recover the main drive. I had backed up the drive using the HP utility, according to instructions. Although I am no geek, it appeared they had superimposed their logo on IBM's backup system. After recovery, the backup restoration did not work due to some problem with their software. With the help of an outside vendor recommended by HP, Omnitech, which charged me $200 for a year's service, I was able to get access to my files, although the directory structure and access had been damaged by the HP backup/restore system.

The slowness crept back after the year, during which Omnitech personnel had regular access to my commputer to keep it running at a reasonable speed. This invasion of privacy at a yearly cost 30% of the computer was not welcome, though necessary.

After the contract ran out, the slowness returned. I complained to HP and pushed it up the corporate ladder. Eventually, I reached the CHIEF of the pc division, who told me that since the unit was out of warrantee, he would do nothing to help me.

I resolved at that moment never, ever to purchase another HP product again. I am writing this review to notify potential victims of their customer service that if service is an important factor in your purchase, you ought to consider another company on that basis.

3.0 out of 5 stars great computer terrible OS Windows 8, February 26, 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
the computer itself runs great, no issues at all, fast, powerful, and great video and sound output. My only complaint is the Microsoft Windows 8 operating system which is obviously designed for a touch screen computer system and was never intended for a mouse and keyboard computer. They should offer buyers a downgrade option to revert to windows 7 but they don't, if you want to put Windows 7 on it, they abandon you support wise. I did it anyways at my own added expense and am very glad for it. Windows had better pray that no one comes out with a OS before they figure out that people won't continue to put up with Windows 8, it's a terrible OS in the wrong environment, maybe fine on a cell phone or tablet, which it was clearly designed for.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure what this was about, February 2, 2013
Shannon (Rogers, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
It was a great price, but it seeme odd. My husband took it to work and the IT guy said it was like a laptop case. Items were in strange places and there was no room to upgrade or add anything.. i.e. graphics card, more ram, etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars No power supply, November 12, 2012
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
It's the oddest danged thing. I've ordered this system twice now (returned one) and each time it arrives with NO POWER SUPPLY. How the heck does that happen?

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, January 21, 2014
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
Slow, slow, slow. My entire family from the adults to my two children complain of how utterly useless this machine is.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Netbook in a tower with a cd drive, November 6, 2013
This review is from: HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black) (Personal Computers)
You heard me right, This is just a netbook inside a tower with a cd drive. Thats it. This is not a PC. CPU clocked at 1.4Ghz..500 Gb Hd, This thing is a total rip off and misleading. You can build a custom pc that will blow this out the water for about $250. I don't see why they would even make this and brand it with an HP logo. I used everything HP from printers to pc to monitors and scanners. Now I have moved to epson and custom build pc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

HP Pavilion p2-1310 Desktop (Black)
Used & New from: $199.00