Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP Pavilion p6-2330 H3Y77AA Desktop (3.6 GHz AMD A6-5400K Processor, 6GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 8) Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 17, 2013
This system is all you need to serve your performance requirement and the well placed and configured peripheral interfaces. Don't pay an arm and a leg for a Intel configuration, AMD works as well at a cheaper price.
on July 6, 2013
I have owned this product for 5 months. I had a friend and mentor who offered to purchase this for my education.

I took advantage of that and I am glad I did. This system is very fast on everything, has room to expand to 32GB System ram, and the processor can be upgraded to an A10-5800K 3.8GHZ (4.2 GHz turbo) Quad Core 4MB L2 Cache which has an ATI Radeon(tm) HD 7660D. (384 Radeon(tm) Cores on Die) "Double the Cores of the A6-5400K info is here: [...] " GPU speed is 800MHz DX 11 UVD 3.2 up to 1866 DDR3 SDRAM (PC3 14900) this system also has a SEAGATE ST1000DM003 1TB SATA 6.0Gb with 64 MB of cache. It also has a nice DVD± RW Dual Layer burner (DVD 16X CD 48X) (OEM is Samsung for this SATA DVD Burner) It can read/write CD-R 40x, CD-RW 24x, DVDRAM 5x ,DVD-, DVD-R 16x, DVD-RW 8x, DVD+, DVD+R 16x, DVD+RW 6x, DVD+DL 8x. The SH-216BB writes to DVD±R media up to 16x speeds, double layer DVD 8x. The DVD Read/Write are 6,000 KB/s(5.859 MB/s) for CDs 21,600 KB/s (21.09 MB/s) for DVDs.

This computer comes with despite what the specs for this system says it does not have 2 but has 4 USB 3.0 ports 2 on the front 2 on the rear, 4 USB 2.0 on the rear 2 of the USB 2.0 ports on the bottom of the back side that should be dedicated for the Keyboard and Mouse. The blue ports on the back are USB 3.0; the other ports are USB 1.1/2.0. In addition, the coolest thing is that the USB are quick after you install any drivers for the device.
This system comes with Windows 8 (Windows 8.1 coming soon, once you install 8.1 which is free it will automatically go to desktop and the start button sort of returns) it takes time to learn, but until the upgrade you have to click on DESKTOP.

This system has AMD-V (Hyper-V) that is great to use with VMware or any virtualization program. The hardware-assist Virtualizing makes your Virtual machine run near the same speed of your PC and can use both cores. I run UBUNTU 12 x64 virtually, it runs seamlessly, and I do not notice any speed problems with the HOST system, unlike the speed slowdown when using software virtualizing. I also made an XP PRO VM, which I use for legacy games that do not work in Windows 8. If you want to get a system for your student or yourself this would be the best cheap mid-level pc. This retails for $499.99 as this is the mid-level system, you can upgrade the processor at Newegg for $149.99 and in doing so you will have a better APU it is A10-6800K Quad core (4.1/4.4GHz) with 4MB L2 cache Normal/Turbo Radeon(tm) HD 8670D this is the fastest processor at this time. (Details are here [...] ) You may have to upgrade the power supply since this is 100-Watt processor. The A6 is only 65-Watt processor.

This has been a well thought out review and personal feelings about this system. This system is a good start for anyone as this game system will be great for a year or 2.
on January 23, 2014
This computer was purchased to replace a broken one for my parents. It is just what they needed at a good price. It works great running Skype, internet, watching movies, editing pictures, and other basic everyday tasks.
on May 13, 2013
this is one of the best buys ive got in a long time. im very happy about this computer. its well balanced I can play play games such as world of tanks with graphics set on medium as well as what ever work ive brought home, very fast, huge hard drive, great looking as well. love this comp!!
on March 26, 2013
The price is right and it sure wraps circles around my old one -- Windows 8 sure has a learning curve but I'm learning. Only problem is it needs the original discs with it so we can to a reinstall if needed
on February 9, 2014
I never got to use the computer. After I received the computer, I installed Office 2010 after which the computer crashed. I have even tried to restore it to factory original, but the computer didn't come with a backup CD to restore it to factory original. Since 14 days have passed since the purchase date, I am unable to return the computer to seller.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2013
This computer was a pretty great upgrade from my old windows 7 comp. The transition is pretty easy for those who like figuring things out. I didn't let previous reviews talk me out of this purchase and I don't regret it. This computer is fast quite and smooth running. Windows 8 is a gift from the heavens !
on February 4, 2013
I was thrown for a loop with the new windows 8. Dis not like the fact that you get NO software that is compatible with Word. I had to purchase this and have my old documents moved to my new computer. It is fast and I am getting use to windows 8, but I would recommend going with windows 7. Windows 8 is for tablets.
on August 8, 2014
I found out 'AFTER' buying this that the Manufacturer's Warranty had ran out before I had even purchased it.

I received no reply from seller or HP as to why this happened.

Also, this does not contain the 8gb which is stated to contain.

I can NOT even return it for, as I was told, that time period for returning it had also ran out.

DO NOT BY THIS COMPUTER!!!
on May 10, 2013
This computer itself seem fine- runs most software that I need smoothly and quickly (Office, etc.), and has plenty of storage. Unfortunately, it came loaded with Windows 8, which in my opinion is an unmitigated disaster for PC users. I spent years convincing my wife that she could use a computer, and all minor success I've had has been erased with one stroke from Microsoft. As a more serious user myself, with over 35 years of experience going back to the Commodore 64, through the initial IBM PC and the whole gamut of early Apples, this is without question the worst mess of an operating system I've ever seen. Poking a mouse cursor into various corners of the screen and swiping in every imagineable direction to try and make controls appear, just to have them disappear again before you can address them, is no way to run a computer. I didn't buy a large computer screen so you could HIDE the controls. I will either pay ransom to Microsoft to switch back to Windows 7 on this computer, or buy a new one preloaded with it.