Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Ed Sheeran egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on October 7, 2008
After using the HP 7550 for a number of years I received well spirited bad advice and switched to an Epson R280 because of compatibility with an IMAC OS 10.5. I discovered inaccurate color rendition, ink that required 24 hours to dry and was dissatisfied with its skimpy plastic construction. The first printer arrived with a broken paper easel. The second had the same poor color symptoms with Photoshop or the Leopard photo programs.
The HP D7560, solidly built, knocked out my letter size, borderless prints almost accurately. I did notice that an increase of contrast helped to approach the brilliant color on the Imac screen. The ink dries in a few minutes. There is little difference in final results between Photoshop or IMac programs. There are perhaps a few too many bells and whistles, since I use Photoshop to process my shots. But there are some great features for those who wish to use the printer for processing. With the discounted price, the D7560 seems to be a bargain. I still wonder when they will make a quiet printer.
on December 22, 2008
I love printing photos - but only if they are of excellent quality. This printer makes me smile every time I see the results it gives. I started off using HP Premium Plus photo paper, but have discovered that the paper recommended here (Advanced Paper) works just as well as the premium plus, is much cheaper, uses less ink, etc. I've had the printer for about 6 weeks now, and cannot count the 8x10's, 5x7's and 4x6's I have printed, all with excellent results. Just two days ago, I replaced the first ink cartridges that came in the printer - now that's economical ink!!

I have printed a few documents, etc., and the printer works great there too. Also, I have printed CD's with absolutely BEAUTIFUL results. The software with the CD printer is somewhat limited, but still offers enough versatality to be entertaining.

I would say this printer is for the photo enthusiast instead of someone that wants to print documents, etc. You can easily find a printer to fit those needs, but this one is fantastic for photos!!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2008
I've been using an 8 year old HP Deskjet 830C and decided I needed something better especially for photos. Wow, did I find it in this D7560 Photosmart. I ordered on Friday, received on Monday and after about an hour of setup time I am up and running. The test photo of my subject was unbelievably good. The subjects look like they could walk out of the photo. You do need to provide your own USB cord for connection but everything else is included in the box. I am really impressed with this printer and highly recommend it.
on August 10, 2009
I did a lot of research trying to find a cost effective printer to use for photo printing. I had a HP 5740 that was doing a decent job, but wanted to get a printer to use for my "good" shots. I chose this printer.

What a mistake. It worked fine at first, but then shortly, started giving me fits. It will print about 2/3 of a photo on a sheet and then kick it out. From that point on, it takes about 6-8 attempts to finish, putting about a quarter of an inch on a page. I have wasted a large number of premium photo paper and a lot of expensive ink.

I spent almost two hours on the phone with an HP rep. Let's see - we updated drivers; installed and uninstalled the printer; updated the HP photo printing package; uninstalled the HP software and installed the latest version. Still no luck. To confirm it was not a computer/photo problem, I tried, and successfully printed it on my old 5740.

I am fairly comfortable around computers and know what is and is not on my machine. I have invested all sorts of time and effort trying to figure this out and will stick to it until I find a work around. I feel very sorry for anyone who does basic photo editing and wants to print to this beast expecting it to go smoothly. So far, I have had more luck winning lottery scratch tickets than I have getting this to print right on the first or even second attempt!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2009
I don't usually write reviews, but this printer is so noteworthy, I must! After four Epson printers in a row, primarily because of customer loyalty, my Epson Stylus Photo 960 finally called it quits. I've had it quite a few years, and thought it was fine, until I bought this HP Photosmart D7560, primarily based on Consumer Reports rating it as the top ink jet printer. Setting it up with my iMac was a breeze, and I am blown away by the quality of the photos. With the Epson 960, I always did quite a bit of editing, but still wasn't always happy with my prints. With the D7560, every print has been of outstanding quality. This is the first printer I've had with a card reader, and I couldn't believe the amazing quality printing right from my photo card, with no editing. I also love being able to leave photo paper in the separate 4 X 6" photo tray, rather having to change paper and settings every time I want to print a photo. I could go on and on about the many features this printer has. I just can't say enough -- this printer is perfection (and the ink cartridges are $8. instead of $12). Alas, I am stuck with nine brand new 960 ink cartridges! Wish I could find someone with this printer!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2008
I got the D7560 on time and just as advertised - the printer works well and makes good prints - I picked the HP because it has large ink tanks - and unlike Epson and Canon they don't count use and then tell u the ink is out when u still have 1/2 left and will not print.
I have had 2 epsons before and they will stop priting even when the tanks are still 1/2 3/4 full - the HP looks like it will be much cheaper to print - the added software is very big and not freindly - hard to load and takes up a lot of room - I just used the drivers and basic printer software
on November 20, 2009
The printer is great. It does what it's supposed to do at an affordable price. However, the supplied support CD would not install under Windows 7. The solution was simply to ignore the CD, connect the printer, and allow the Windows plug-and-play facility to install an appropriate driver. That may be a blessing in disguise as it obviates installing any extraneous software. I believe there is a Windows 7 compatible support package on the HP web site.
on November 25, 2008
A very good unit for the home user. Set-up was easy. Help was needed regarding ink cartridges and took a long time to get through, but once thru the tech did his job! Pictures are excellent. LCO screen is nice feature but not really needed.
on November 24, 2009
This is the 4th HP printer I have owned and it is about the best in quality. I purchased it mainly for the picture printing and ability to directly label
CD and DVD's. For what I wanted, it is just right. The unit seems to go through alot of mechanical functions when first turned on and the startup is long.
The quality of the print jobs is superior. I am somewhat disappointed with the ink consumption, but I get around it by using my other HP for the more routine print jobs. The cost of replacement ink is pretty high compared with other HP units. This printer is loaded with features. Direct printing from memory cards is pretty neat. All in all, I am very happy with this unit and would recommend it for photo and labeling jobs. Use a cheaper printer if you are doing batch printing or just black and white letters and handouts.
on May 14, 2009
I've been using Epson R800 for printeing on CDs and of course after a year or as they all do the printer clogged and would not clean. I've had it with the Epson printers as they all have the same problem (4th one) so I found this HP and decided it was worth a try. First results out of the box on my G5 Mac is easy setup, prints CD's with great quality and fast, easy loading and nice CD holder that stores under machine. Photos are average but I'm a professional photographer so I use HP130 for the highend prints. For letters and labels, prints fast type is crisp. I love the fact that there is now a alternative to Epson for CD printing and it's only a bit over a $100. I give it 4.5
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse