4.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service
Published on September 16, 2011 by Dr. D.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!!!
I purchased this product in December, 2011. On March 3, 2012 it quit working and it was discovered that the cord that plugs into the computer had over heated and melted. It is truly a good thing that we were home and found it right away or it may have started a fire.

I have sent a notice to the seller, but in the mean time don't trust this product!!!
Published on March 5, 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service, September 16, 2011
Dr. D. (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Smart Ac Adapter 120W (VE025AA#ABA) (Personal Computers)
I purchased this adapter for my new HP Pavillion dv6. First of all, know that this adapter is complete - no need to order extra cables, etc. It comes with the power brick (large), and the wiring needed to plug one end into the wall, and the other into your computer. After receiving it, the unit failed within 10 days. Bad. But, I contacted customer service and they responded immediately - mailing out a new adapter and not even asking for the defective unit to be returned. That was 3 weeks ago, and so far, no problems with the replacement. I took off a star because of the first, failed unit. But a great experience with customer service

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, May 25, 2011
I had been wanting a second power adapter for a while, and wanted a 120 w instead of another 90 w, which is what I had already, and also because I heard that they run cooler and are better for performance. I would like to clarify, as someone else already has, that this does come with it's own mickey mouse cable, which is the cable that goes from the outlet to the adapter. I ordered one separately, not a big deal, i'm out five dollars. All in all, I'm happy spending half as much as I would have on the HP website.

5.0 out of 5 stars If Great Service after the sale is important, April 28, 2011
I bought the adapter expecting it to come with the power cord as the picture had illustrated. But unfortunately I did not review the check out description and it did clearly state it that the power cord is not included with the adapter. I shared my disappointment with the seller after receiving the product. They responded within 24 hours, gave me a very clear and reasonable explanation, and more importantly took the time to address my feeling of being misled. I admit that I should read the description instead of just counting on what the picture is showing, but the seller went the extra mile to take care of their customers and generously send me a new power cord. The adapter works great, but more importantly I am glad I bought it from this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine HP Power Supply., January 22, 2012
Was a little nervous about purchasing this as the description doesn't explicitly say that it's a genuine HP part. I was quite relieved to see that it was a genuine HP power supply when I opened the package. Other than that, it's a power supply and it does it's job quite well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adapter Review, May 13, 2011
This product was great I received it quickly and it works perfectly. The only comment I have is the adapter is quite a bit larger than the one I had previously.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works and can't beat the price, May 5, 2013
E. L. Green (San Jose, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this to power my HP Envy 17. Though it isn't listed on the "compatible notebooks" list, I noted that the connector, watts, and volts were all the same. So far it's worked the way it's supposed to. Compared with the power supply that came with my HP, this one is larger and more brick-like (the one that came with my HP is smaller and flatter, though providing same watts and volts), so it stays at home on my desk (the reason for the spare -- I accidentally left my power supply at the office one day and had nothing to power it at home!). But if I bought a new "official" power supply for my notebook it'd be three times the price and not work as well. Note: Mine came with the 120v power cord, so no need to buy that separately. (I can get them locally so I wasn't worried about whether it came with one or not, but it did).

4.0 out of 5 stars Big and Heavy, But Stays Cool, March 9, 2012
On the downside: This brick has 1.5" more length and 1.25" more in circumference as a standard adapter. And, it seems to weigh about twice as much. So, it's a terrible choice to stash in your laptop bag. Also, the limited 4' prime cable could spell trouble when struggling to find an ideal power outlet location.

On the upside: But, it does the job while staying close to 100°. To the touch, it feels a bit like a person with a slight fever. And, lower heat means greater efficiency. So, while your notebook is free to draw up to 200W when it needs it, you won't have to worry about a continuous 30 Watts being squandered on a year-round heater.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!!!, March 5, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger!, January 18, 2012
This is a great charger. It charges my HP DV7 laptop in less than 2 hrs. It is larger than the original sent with the laptop but it works great and doesn't get hot like the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Power Adapter, December 10, 2011
This is the third replacement power adapter I purchased for my HP dv7 laptop. This is a far superior adapter compared to the other two. Those were really junk and quit working within several weeks. This adapter is obviously built to last and I was very impressed with the valur.

HP Smart Ac Adapter 120W (VE025AA#ABA)
$99.99 $25.99