4.0 out of 5 stars Great PC but needs a little work, January 3, 2009
This review is from: HP TOUCHSMART IQ507 ALL-IN-ONE PC ( KT588AA#A2L ) (Electronics)
Owning an iPod Touch, I had high expectations for a touch screen computer. With the iPod Touch as a frame of reference, there are some great things about the Touch PC, but also some points of improvement.

Pluses:

- Fewer wires than a conventional PC. Just plug in the power cord and viola, it works.
- Keyboard is very slim and is wireless (the mouse is wireless too)
- The HP Touch software (shown in the commercials) is cool and makes the experience of using the computer much better
- Built in wireless means it can be set up pretty much anywhere and stay connected.
- Can't beat the big screen

Minuses:

- I wish the touch functionality worked more like the iPod touch. It seems like I have to "double-click" 3 or 4 times to get icons on the desktop to launch their programs. I'm not quite sure why when I touch a desktop icon, a check box appear on the icon instead of just launching the program. It would be nice if one touch was all it took to launch programs.
- Scrolling up and down web pages should be more like the iPod Touch's scroll capabilities. I've had a hard time getting the computer to recognize from touch when I want to scroll down.
- After calibrating the screen, the accuracy of the touch areas, still doesn't seem right on. Check-boxes and tabs (such as Google Chrome) are a little hard to access at the very top of the screen because the PC case makes it hard to get to that part of the screen.
- Although it is very heavy, there's the possibility that it could be knocked over. For support, the computer has only the front plastic legs and a stand in the back.

It's a good computer, but not as cool as I had hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished and Sent Back. Now Everything WORKS!, September 12, 2009
I purchased this modern day computer a few months back.

Although it did create a number of software issues and the wireless card was faulty, HP sent me
a shipping box and through overnight shipping it was off to either to fixin.

This thing is AWESOME! Touchscreen is definately our future and its just fun using it. Especially when my mouse batteries run out of
energy since i dont have to wait to recharge them!

Also, the way you connect this thing, its JUST ONE CABLE that connects to power! That's it!!!

Can't get any better than that, wait it actually can but that is another story.

PS I love the price and am in love with this thing. I feel endorphins everytime I sit down and use it!

Rate and Discover Movies