More than just a Tablet PC, the HP TouchSmart tx2-1020us laptop is the world's first multi-touch consumer laptop, enabling the use of two fingers to navigate HP's entertainment MediaSmart applications. You can also surf the Web and use applications intuitively by touching the screen with a finger. The tx2 is also a true Tablet PC, allowing you to fold the display flat for writing and drawing with the included pen.
Twist the display up to 180 degrees to share content and watch films--or fold it flat for writing (see larger version).
The tx2 Reaction Imprint reveals an energized pattern inspired by the circular elements found in audio equipment (see larger version).
For multimedia mavens on the go, the tx2 tablet PC is light enough to take anywhere and is a great resource for showing presentations thanks to its 180-degree swiveling 12.1-inch touchscreen display. Weighing just 4.33 pounds, the tx2-1020us delivers the same screen resolution and performance as a 15.4-inch notebook. Dual headphone jacks enable you to share films and music without disturbing others, and the included HP Mini Remote Control can be stored in the ExpressCard slot. This stylish laptop features a high-gloss HP Imprint finish, which is more durable than traditional painted surfaces. The tx2 Reaction Imprint reveals an energized pattern inspired by the circular elements found in audio equipment.
Protect your system and online accounts with your unique fingerprint for advanced security and peace of mind. The integrated 1.3-megapixel WebCam (and integrated microphone) provides easy video conferencing via VoIP and video IM chats.
Optimized for mobile performance, it's powered by the 2.2 GHz AMD Turion X2 ZM-82 dual-core processor, which offers 64-bit computing capability and higher throughput for simultaneous computing tasks. Other features include a 320 GB hard drive, 4 GB of installed RAM (8 GB maximum), quad-mode Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11a/b/g/n), multi-format/dual-layer LightScribe DVD+/-RW drive (which also burns CDs), ExpressCard slot, ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics with up to 1470 MB of shared video RAM, SRS Premium Sound audio, and Gigabit Ethernet. It comes preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1).
Mobility You Can Touch
With multi-touch support within HP MediaSmart, the HP TouchSmart tx2 is the first notebook PC for consumers that enables the use of two fingers to navigate HP's entertainment applications. HP has developed a specific set of gestures to help you get the most from the TouchSmart tx2.
- Single, Double Tap: Select objects by touching them once (single tap), or double tap to open objects/programs.
- Flick: Scroll or pan within an application either horizontally or vertically. For example, in MediaSmart Photo, flick your finger to the left on the display and the inertia from your flick will move the photos leftward, just as if you pushed a piece of paper to the left on a table.
- Press and Drag: Touch an object on the display and hold and drag it to the desired destination.
- Arc: Allows you to move tracks to/from playlists without having to make a straight line.
- Pinch: Touch an object on the display once to select the item then place 2 fingers on opposite corners of the object, then move them closer together to decrease the object's size or to zoom out. Move fingers away from one another to enlarge the object or to zoom in.
- Rotate: Rotate photos by touching the object once to select the item then use 2 fingers on opposite corners of the image and rotate the image either clockwise or counter-clockwise.
- Launch MediaSmart: Touch the screen with two fingers together and write the letter m on the display to launch the MediaSmart Smart Menu.
- Processor: The 2.2 GHz AMD Turion X2 ZM-82 processor offers a dual-core architecture, which delivers additional computing resources to help expand your PC’s capabilities by providing higher throughput and simultaneous computing--increasing your performance by up to 80 percent. You'll be able to perform multiple tasks such as digital rendering and gaming all while running virus scan or other background tasks seamlessly thanks to the innovative Direct Connect Architecture. And it's designed to handle simultaneous 32- and 64-bit computing with no degradation in performance. You'll enjoy long battery life thanks to the AMD PowerNow! power management technology, which delivers performance on demand and can extend system battery life up to 65 percent. And the AMD Digital Media XPress technology delivers stellar multimedia performance and playback on digital entertainment such as games, streaming video and audio, DVDs, and music.
It has a 2 MB L2 cache, and this processor can deliver up to 4400 MT/sec. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance.)
- Hard Drive: The extra large 320 GB Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive (5400 RPM) offers a wealth of storage space, perfect for storing a vast multimedia collection or for editing digital video. This SATA hard drive also quickens the pace with a higher speed transfer of data--akin to Firewire and USB 2.0.
|Spec Check |
- 12.1-inch LCD screen
- 2.2 GHz AMD Turion X2 ZM-82 dual-core processor
- 320 GB hard drive
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB maximum)
- Dual-layer DVD±R drive
- Quad-mode Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics
- Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1)
- Weighs 4.33 pounds
- Memory: The 4 GB of installed RAM helps boost the amount of available video RAM that's shared with this notebook's video card. This notebook has an amazing 8 GB maximum RAM capacity (4 x 2 GB). To receive the faster data transfer benefits of the dual-channel DDR2 RAM, any RAM additions require memory modules of same capacity and clockspeed.
- DVD/CD Drive: This multiformat DVD/CD drive is compatible with writing both DVD+ and DVD- disc formats as well as dual-layer (DL) DVD+/-R discs, which can store up to 8.5 GB of data. It features 4x DVD-R DL Write Once, 2.4x DVD+R DL Write Once, 8x DVD+R, 4x DVD+RW, 8x DVD-R, 4x DVD-RW, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x CD-R, 24x CD-RW, and 40x CD-ROM speeds.
This LightScribe DVD±RW drive lets you laser-etch silkscreen quality text and images on to CDs and DVDs . Your software, PC and discs work together for a no-hassle way to burn just the labels you want. After you burn content, just flip the disc over, reinsert and burn your label--anything from a simple title to a full-disc work of art.
- Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a 101-key keyboard and a touchpad with on/off button and dedicated vertical/horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad. It also includes two quick-launch buttons (HP QuickPlay Music and DVD).
- Integrated Fingerprint Reader: A fingerprint reader offers advanced security by using fingerprints instead of standard passwords to access online accounts, such as banks and e-mail. To set up access, each fingerprint is associated with a password through Verisoft Access Manager. Verisoft Single Sign On (SSO) stores user names and passwords to an unlimited number of sites and automatically enters logon credentials. If more than one person uses the notebook PC, each can use a fingerprint to logon to a computer user account and access preset preferences and files.
Screen, Video & Audio
The included HP Mini Remote Control can be stored in the ExpressCard slot.
Write, draw and erase accurately with the included pen.
The 12.1-inch touchscreen-enabled WXGA high-definition LCD can swivel 180 degrees, providing optimal angles for viewing DVD movies and business presentations, and it folds flat for working in tight travel spaces such as airplanes or trains. It has a 1280 x 800-pixel resolution. Video is powered by the ATI Radeon HD 3200 with RS780M chipset, which features 64 MB of DDR2 sideport memory and up to 1470 MB total graphics memory (as allocated by the operating system). The AMD 780 Chipset series lets you connect to a wide range of the latest HD panels by supporting numerous display technologies. Take advantage of ATI SurroundView to support up to four monitors. It also offers support for Microsoft DirectX 10, providing compatibility with today's most advanced and graphic-intensive games and applications.
The Altec Lansing speakers provide exceptional sound, and a pair of stereo earbud headphones with volume controls is included. You'll be able to privately share enjoyment of multimedia with a friend via the dual headphone jacks. One of the headphone jacks is also compatible with SPDIF digital audio output for home theater surround sound.
Networking, Connectivity & Expansion
Be ready for the next platform in wireless connectivity with this notebook's integrated quad-mode Wi-Fi chip. Based on the draft 802.11n Wi-Fi specification, it offers up to five times the performance and twice the wireless range as existing 802.11g wireless. It's also backward compatible with 802.11b/g networks (commonly found in home routers and Wi-Fi hotspots) as well as 802.11a networks (which has a higher throughput, but more limited range--great for closed office environments). You also get super-fast wired connectivity, with a Gigabit Ethernet port (10/100/1000).
This notebook includes a next-generation ExpressCard 34 card slot (replacing the PCMCIA slot), which lets you take advantage of thinner, faster, and lighter expansion cards for even more advanced wireless, networking, storage, and security features. You get a good offering of connectivity options:
- 3 USB 2.0 ports for connecting a wide range of peripherals--from digital cameras to MP3 players
- Analog video out: 1 VGA monitor port
- 1 ExpressCard 34
- 2 headphone jacks (1 with S/PDIF digital audio compatibility) and 1 microphone jack
- 1 notebook expansion port 3 (for use with the HP xb3000 Expansion Base or the HP Notebook QuickDock)
- 1 consumer IR (infrared) for remote control
- 5-in-1 memory card reader (Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, xD Picture Card)
- Gigabit Ethernet port for 10/100/1000 networking
- Integrated 56K modem (V.90)
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (32-bit) is the operating system for users with advanced computer needs, and it includes all of the Windows Media Center capabilities for turning your PC into an all-in-one home entertainment center for watching DVD movies and accessing your digital audio library. You can also use Windows Media Center to record and watch your favorite TV shows (even HDTV) and to access new kinds of online entertainment content. Computers that include Windows Vista Home Premium and an auxiliary Windows SideShow display will also allow you to access key data even when your computer is off. It is also easier than ever to share files between other PCs in your household and to manage your laptop computer settings to more securely connect via Wi-Fi.
Every edition of Windows Vista provides the essential tools and technologies to help protect you whether you are browsing the Internet, connecting to a wireless network, or just reading e-mail. All editions of Windows Vista include new tools that can warn you of impending hardware failures long before you have lost any important personal data. And, all Windows Vista editions include parental control features that allow you to manage and monitor your family's use of games, the Internet, instant messaging, and other activities.
Includes Microsoft Works, Microsoft Office 2007 Student and Teacher Edition (60-day trial), Muvee Autoproducer, Cyberlink DVD Suite, PC Recovery, HP PhotoSmart Essentials, and Symantec Norton Internet Security 2008 (with 60 days of Live Update).
Dimensions & Weight
This notebook measure 8.82 x 12.05 x 1.52 inches and weigh 4.53 pounds.
This notebook is powered by a 6-cell rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which offers between 2 and 3 hours of battery life (dependent upon computing conditions).
What's in the Box
This package contains the HP Pavilion TX2-1020US tablet PC, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, IR remote control, earphones, and operating instructions. It is backed by a limited warranty for parts and labor for one year from date of purchase as well as technical telephone assistance for one year. Software is also covered for 30 days from date of purchase.
HP Turion X2 ZM-80, 12.1" 4GB Put on-the-go communication, entertainment, and productivity a touch away. HP Touchsmart Tablet, AMD Turion X2 ZM-80, 12.1" Multitouch WXGA (Brightview), 4096MB (DDR2, 2DIMM), 320GB HDD 5400 rpm SATA, 6 Cell LiIon (2.55AH), DVD-RW Lightscribe, 802.11 a/b/g/n (Broadcom)+ Bluetooth, QuickPlay, Remote, 5-1 card reader,ExpressCard 34 Slot, Webcam + Mic, Fingerprint reader, Vista Home Premium 64bit, Side Note SW,