5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative to the Mac and a real bargain
Published on February 29, 2012 by Robert Prince

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible noise!!!
I bought this product from Amazon on June 18th,2012 and at the beginning everything was perfect; but now the computer is making a terrible noise like an old refrigerator (It sounds like a cheap internal fan) but I haven't send it to a technician yet... This issue is something that I HAVE READ BEFORE buying the product, but as I read about that "negative" from a single...
Published on August 30, 2012 by Francisco

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative to the Mac and a real bargain, February 29, 2012
Robert Prince (Phoenix, Arizona) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP TouchSmart 520-1050 20-Inch Desktop (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5-2400S Processor, 6GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium) Black (Personal Computers)
I am not writing this review to get into the Mac vs. PC fray. Apple makes amazing, sexy products (and let's face it, the "sexy" aspects of all those great Steve Jobs designs have a whole lot to do with why some people choose them). And I will never forget the first time I walked into an Apple store and saw the iMac with the giant screen and where . . .the . . .hell . . .is . . . the CPU??!! I almost bought one on the spot. That is, until I saw the price tag.
My daughter, who does lots of work with graphics and photo editing, swears by her Mac, as do most people who are using their computers for that kind of work. But I'm just a typical, middle-aged multi-tasker with a limited budget, so when I saw H-P came out with the same kind of design, with a 23" screen and the integrated CPU, and for under a grand, I jumped on it. And three months later, I have no regrets. With Windows 7-64, which I have always found to run flawlessly and the CORE i5 chip, which is fast, fast, fast, this computer does everything I ask of it. Except . . .
I used to have an ASUS G-73 gaming laptop, and the absolutely most demanding games, like Deus Ex, which ran flawlessly on the ASUS, will not run on the H-P. It just does not have the video power required. I have no complaints, one of the reasons I got rid of the ASUS in favor of the H-P is I find I no longer have much time for gaming. So if high-power gaming is important to you, look elsewhere for a computer.
I haven't even mentioned the touch screen, because I haven't gotten used to using it, and rarely do. I don't know how many will consider the touch screen a factor in opting for this computer, and one of these days, I hope to use it for those instances where touch is the way to go. But even if it didn't have it, or like me, you just don't use it, I think you'll find this H-P a joy to use, and a hell of a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hp does it once again, December 7, 2011
first off I am an HP fan going back 30 years having sold all their business class computers and networking. But on a personal lever HP has always been in my home, except fopr way back having an Apple IIe.
But my inikital review is this.

Pro's: setting up under 5 minutes which is amazing compared to prior systems.Sysyem is fast, maybe not the fastest but for what I want it for it is fast enough, having upgreaded from an HP Paviliion Multimedia system 4 years old. The screen is superb, clear, bright and so easy to read. The tilt is also cool. Keyboard is so much better then all the prior ones I had from HP. The wireless KB and mouse I was amazed not having wireless before I had nothing to do. Did all my windows updates, installed Microsfot Essentials for security, the best free app available, installed CCleaner for daily system cleaning and PC Matic as a seconday system checker. I'm running this hard wiored into my FIOS router, wireless will come later.

Con's: so far none.

Recommed: highly worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP TouchSmart 520-1050 - Excellent, January 27, 2012
This is an excellent computer at a great price. The touch smart screen is fun and a great help in working with photo editing.
The reviews were quite helpful in making the selection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Computer. Touchscreen Unnecessary., May 31, 2012
I bought this computer for my father. The computer is very fast, and the all-in-one design saves a lot of space on his desk. The keyboard and mouse are good, but nothing spectacular. He was replacing an iMac running Windows via Parallels, and was very pleased with the performance boost obtained from having only one OS running at a time.

The only negative comment I have about it is the touchscreen. I got him this version because of the short time frame available, but would rather have gotten one with a regular display and better specs for basically the same price. We played around with the touch functionality for about a week. After that, the fun wore out, and it made much more sense to use the mouse to click on things. I guess some people will find more functionality on having a touchscreen, but there isn't really any gain when using it as a regular office computer. Furthermore, there are a lot of other models to consider. From Gateway to the new Sonys.

In conclusion, be sure to do some research before buying it. You will see that getting rid of the touchscreen will yield better processor/graphics for almost the same price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of awesome! $1200 well spent!, February 7, 2012
This thing is a powerhouse. I never used an all in one like this, but now I wonder how I haven't before! This thing is awesome! I will tell everyone about it and for $1200 I feel confident in the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this computer., July 26, 2012
I have to say, having a home-based business means I go through a computer every year or so. I've tried them all. This HP TouchSmart is by far the best I have tried in the last many years (and yes, that includes Apple - I used to be a die-hard Mac girl.) The features and speed are precisely what I needed, and for those times when you are looking over someone's shoulder discussing something on the screen, you can just reach out and touch the screen and it responds immediately. (Could be annoying to the user at the mouse, but...works for me!!) The sound system is great, paired up with my iPhone AND Jawbone JamBox, no problems. Shipping through Amazon was super fast, as always. Setup was a breeze, maybe five minutes. LOVE everything about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Love it, Love it! This is my second one!, February 2, 2012
I love my HP touchsmart computer. I purchased my first one 2 1/2 years ago and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, I never had to have it worked on and it is still in excellent condition but I just wanted to buy one with a larger hard drive so I could store more stuff since I just bought a new scanner as well. HP is excellent quality and at a great price!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, January 17, 2012
I am extremely pleased with this item. It met all my expectations and, much to my delight, I did not have to do much to begin using it. This was the easiest computer I have ever owned to set up/begin using. The touchscreen feature is very convenient and I have not encountered any issues with it. With that said, the only issue I have had with this item is that upon receiving my item the shipping packaging and actual product packaging were badly damaged. The packing materials were very poor considering they were shipping a $1000 computer. It consisted of a lightweight box with a minimal amount of the packing paper stuffed inside, presumably to prevent the item from shifting inside the box. If it were not for the factory packing materials, this item would have been damaged beyond repair.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, January 27, 2012
I received the computer very quickly. it was easy to setup and I have had no problems at all. it boots very quickly
and runs like a charm. that is a rare occurrence in these days!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!!!! This is great, December 27, 2011
Amazon.com is a life saver; everywhere I searched this thing was over a grand+taxes and shipping and handling. I got this for less than a grand with no taxes shipping & handling charges; not to mention it arrived on time and was in excellent condition. I have to say I am impressed with this thing it has so many great features, a sleek design and a huge screen with a great picture. I love it already and it is not even mine....I told my sister that although I bought her this for christmas I really am jealous now....lol!!! Guess I will save to get my self one now.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›