Published 23 months ago by Harold L. Vaughn

3.0 out of 5 stars Some erratic motion.
Published 17 months ago by Robert R. Mosley

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacing batteries/connecting to a device without a USB port, September 18, 2012
As one reviewer stated the batteries can be replaced in this product. Oddly, there is no description on how to do this on the HP website that I could find nor any helpful pictures on any of the product instructions that come with the mouse. Yes, you can see the batteries when you remove the shiny top cover. What is not so obvious is that the batteries are held securely in place by a small plastic bracket that crosses the approximate center of each battery and is found at the very edge of the opening under the cover. This bracket must be removed in order to remove the batteries. With the cover removed, examine the inside of the mouse under a good light. You will see two small plastic release catches. Gently release each of these catches, remove the plastic bracket, and the batteries can be removed with ease. After installing new batteries, the plastic bracket can be replaced. The HP website claims the batteries last an incredible 2 1/2 years or approximately 30 months. What I find incredible is that HP gives no direction on replacing batteries when they have added a bracket to hold the batteries in place that is not easy to see during a casual inspection.

I have received several questions regarding using this wireless mouse with a tablet that does not have a USB port. The mouse communicates wirelessly with a dongle that in normal operation is connected to a USB port. If you have an ipad or other device with a similar port like the ipad has, a google search of "connecting a USB device to an ipad", will bring up some adapters that are being marketed that have a plug for the ipad port on one end and a USB port on the other end that can accept the dongle for the mouse. I do not use these so I cannot state for certain that this works but it seems possible given the availability of such adapters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some erratic motion., March 22, 2013
I've noticed some reviewers complaining of the mouse behaving erratically or lagging. I had the same problem and found it was the mouse pad causing the issue. While I would move mouse across the pad in a straight line the cursor would jump and wiggle all over the place. Tried several different mouse pads and all had the same result. However, when I use the mouse directly on the surface of my desk it works fine. Just a warning, this mouse seems to be extra sensitive to the surface that you are using on. Otherwise works great now that I stopped using the mouse pad.

5.0 out of 5 stars you CAN EDIT your SETTINGS and it's AMAZING after that :), October 25, 2013
The only reason i got this mouse in the first place was because I saw it was same color as my HP laptop :)... I read a lot of reviews and decided to purchase anyway... Wellllll surprice surprice it is AMAZING! The instructions could use tons more information and pictures that is for sure... I won't add how you can insert batteries because tons of the reviews already offer that information... What others put on their reviews was that there was tons of skipping or the pointer slid way too quickly when you slid the mouse any direction.. Tons of people don't realize that You CAN CHANGE THESE SETTINGS!! this is what i did with my mouse to fix this issue...

1. right click or what ever to get to CONTROL PANEL..
2. once there go to Hardware and Sound....
3. click on Devices and Printers
4. Under devices you will find the **Dongle** that links your wireless mouse to the computer... RIGHT CLICK!!!
5. (right click) and select Mouse Settings!!
6. select the POINTER Options tab and edit what you have to edit and adjust..
7. click apply and ok and you are set!!!
:D enjoy your mouse.. I personally love it.. it's comfortable and swift and pairs rather quickly.. Id recommend it to all :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, August 7, 2012
This is a very good sized wireless mouse for the price.

Ignore other reviews, you can change the batteries, it's just that it is kind of hidden, the top of the mouse comes off (entire shiny black part in the picture)

As for the freezing issue, I have no such problem, I have a 2009 Toshiba laptop with windows 7 and have no problems... Also the micro receiver is really nice when I move my laptop because on my old mouse I would accidentally knock the receiver into a wall or whatever.

The mouse is very nice, has a small receiver, is accurate, comes with 2 energizer batteries, and is a nice size for a more portable mouse.

5/5, I am an avid pc gamer and it works wonderfully, the only reason I innitially bought this mouse was because on my old LG brand one the scroll wheel stopped working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mouse Ever!, October 17, 2013
7DogNight (GREENSBORO, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
This mouse works smoothly and accurately. I've not experienced any skipping or delays in its response. An extra bonus for me is that it does not require the use of a mouse pad - I use it on my wooden desk top - it actually works better on that surface than on the pad. The convenience of a wireless device coupled with a comfortable design make this the best mouse I've ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, easy to grip., October 7, 2013
Nice quality, works as expected. Rubber surround is nice and makes it comfortable to hold.
Battery cover is a bit hard to take off, which is also where the USB dongle is stored. Uses 2 AA batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect mouse that worked the minute it powered up., December 19, 2012
Using a Windows 7 HP desktop. As soon as I put batteries in this mouse and plugged the small USB transceiver in, the mouse worked.
The build is very good.
The accuracy is as good as my MS mouse.
The form-factor is comfortable.
The mouse buttons are flexible plastic that covers the top. See where it is split in the photo at the wheel. Totally works though- not a problem at all and lends to a smooth and sleek feel.
Buy this inexpensive mouse without a hesitation as it is very well made and after having hundreds of others on dozens of machines over the years, this one is better than most.
In fact, for the price, it is one of the best I have had.

5.0 out of 5 stars All Good!!!! :), September 26, 2013
After the sudden hardware issue with my previous wireless mouse, Hp sent me this one. I absolutely love it. It's comfortable, sturdy, durable, and very stylish. I don't even miss the interchangeable face plates of my old mouse. The only challenge I had was trying to replace the battery, which I figured out on my own (pry open the shiny black cover, pull out the small plastic piece holding the batteries in place, then pop the batteries out REPLACE, then You're good to go.
I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply great, March 15, 2014
As a person in the design field, I have very specified, if not high, standards for any piece of electronics.

This mouse is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for Great Price, January 14, 2014
I have a HP laptop and i just bought HP Mouse. Not just a great design also great performance. I think it's sometimes drop the connection. But i still love this one.

Rate and Discover Movies