Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on January 21, 2012
This is such a powerful laptop! It just runs extremely fast and the feel of the keyboard is lovely. The sound from the laptop speakers are super loud and retains some of the bass sounds too. I'm also a gamer. This runs amazing with games. I have games that use up a lot of gb's and it runs smoothly. like butter! I recommend this computer!
88 comments26 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2012
Great laptop for the price! Comparable computers are priced upwards of $1000 without discounts. The DV6-6C53NR is featured online with one or two noticable differences. A dedicated video card from AMD which is the 7690 M XT and a high def screen. If you know that you'll have no need of dedicated graphics then this is a solid choice. For those of you looking for easy on the go gaming take another look at the DV6-6C53NR. A downside is that there is no blu-ray player but if you want to pay extra $$ then you can buy a custom configuration direct from HP. Overall I am very happy because this computer takes a lot of the guess work out of making configuration choices in the HP dv6 product line. I recommend this to anyone in the market for a new laptop.
33 comments10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2012
I've been using my computer for almost a year now.. I bought it from hp directly and let me tell you this computer is awesome, I use it every day.. day and night (this because my girlfriend is in france so i have to talk with her all the time), this computer is with me at my work with skype, excel, pdf, word, google chrome, internet explorer, listen online radio, mozilla thunderbird allll at the same time and works perfectly... great product!!
on July 14, 2012
The screen on this laptop has an incredibly pronounced screen-door effect, to the point that I had to return it because it was causing me headaches. The hardware specs are a good value, but the display all but renders this laptop impossible to use. And it wasn't just me; I showed it to a bunch of other people, and they all saw the same bothersome screen door. Also, it wasn't just that one laptop--I did an exchange and got another laptop (good work by Amazon for the quick, no-hassle turnaround), and it had the exact same issue.
33 comments3 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2012
this laptop is the best, I compare several others but this is the best!! I love its functionality!!!! transport was fast and arrived in excellent condition!The design is very elegant and power is the best price and quality...
on May 23, 2012
I bought it for the blue-ray writer option it has. But fingerprint log-in of this computer is the feature I like the most. It is really efficient. I suggest anyone who have children and do not want them to play games too much to buy this one.

It has a media center that allow you to watch channels of TV for free. I guess you may watch them with other computers too, but it is really convenient to have a media center to let you choose from many channels that have much fewer time of commercial than a TV. You decide when and where to watch it, just like you have bought the DVD. I am right now watching "I LOVE LUCY" for several weeks.It must have one hundred episodes.

The battery (9 cells) did not work properly after several months, but HP sent me a new one to replace it. I am happy with it.

This is the first time I wrote a review for HP although I have had an HP printer, an hp desktop 10 year ago, and another HP laptop I gave my niece three years after (still works properly after 8 years, RAM was creased for current windows). I feel HP is relatively more reliable than other brands with the same price. They have had less problems than my other electronics.
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2012
I purchased this computer and loaded Adobe, Office, etc. After having it in use for about 3 days, the screen went totally black. Called HP Service, said it would cost $139.77 to have it fixed which I need to do in order to recover all that I have loaded onto it. I went to the internet to see if I could fix it myself and find that the number of people having HP black screen issues are many. The inconvenience of this problem far outweighs any beneficial feature on the computer. Also, HP continually harasses you with their pop-ups, reminders, offers, etc. Very annoying. Wish could do over.
on October 8, 2012
I purchased this item from Amazon as the place where I buy most of my electronics and other items.
I bought this item back in June but did not start to play around with it until late July and August more so in September.
When I started using it there was button that came off I did not realize that until after but I said given the specs that was not the biggest deal so when I began to use it it's like the laptop had a mind of its own whatever I was doing when typing it would move the cursor, erase written notes which became increasingly frustrating.
I contacted amazon several times and now they say I can only return the item for partial refund which means they would keep over $300 of my hard earned money.
I will never buy laptop online anymore I will go to a store and fully check the item before I walk out with it if I am not satisfied it is staying with the seller.
I am very disappointed in Amazon for this particular purchase.

Anyone buying a product from Amazon should double check the product put it to test right away for if the window is closed most likely you will end up the loser in the equation they'll simply refer you to the manufacturer I did not purchase this item from HP I purchased it from Amazon if there's an issue with it I expected help from Amazon not being referred to HP. It shows that possily they do not test defective products before it is stored to be sold.

Amazon is one of my favorite place to shop and it was a disappointing experience for me.
on December 14, 2012
Ive had this computer for several months now and am pretty happy with it. The only thing that is wrong with it is that if you plug-in or unplug the computer while its turned off, the next time you push the power button the lights on the key board will flash once and the computer will shut back off. Nothing on the computer will work until after about an hour or so, if you hit the power button again, it will start fine. There must be a short or something in the cord. I dont know. The nerds at geek squad couldnt figure it out either. The first time it happend I took it to Best Buy and they told me I fried the motherboard somehow. On my way back to my car I hit the power button and it fired right up like nothing happend! I just dont mess with the plug unless the computer is ON.
on June 29, 2012
As a first time laptop buyer, i was excited to order this one; with beats audio, fingerprint reader, coolsense, protect smart etc.

The laptop arrived in about 3 days (Y)
When i got it though, the build quality wasn't as good as i wanted it to be.
There are spaces between the body and the border where the lights on the sides are and the lights shine through theses spaces.

Apart from that though everything else is good, as i expected.

I use the fingerprint reader all the time (Very easy and fun to use)
The audio really is loud (I wouldnt say the quality is GREATER than any other laptop but they are loud)

All in all a good first laptop recommended buy

See 1 answered question