4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and fast laptop
Published on February 16, 2012 by Darren cola

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price...
Published on April 6, 2012 by Ankit Goyal

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and fast laptop, February 16, 2012
This review is from: HP g6-1d60us (15.6-Inch Screen) Laptop (Personal Computers)
setup took less than 5 minutes and from the point where you turn on the laptop to where you are logged in and able to get on the internet is less than 30 seconds... it has an amazing graphics card with a 6.0 rating on the windows index rating.... it has a base score of a 4.5 which for Aero graphics... for windows 7... i was lead to believe by some of the photos that it had a blu-ray drive... but sadly it does not... it can still burn dvd's and cd's so i am okay with that... This is a very good laptop for its price... and it does not feel cheap at all.. i bought a desktop computer for 800 dollars 3 years ago, my desktop still has a better processor, but this laptop beats the socks off my desktop when it comes to graphics... it can play a lot of the newest games like Battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3 :D! i think the only downside somewhat is the screen, it is not as High Def as i want it to be... my Desktop Dell Inspiron One 19 is still better when it comes to screen quality... and i am always amazed when i watch full screen on it, but for this laptop, the quality is very good, but the colors dont seem to be as vibrant as my desktops... you can sort of fix it by messing with contrast,brightness and color under the display setting in the control panel... but if you like to play games, or even want this for school work or business... i will recommend this laptop, it can install Microsoft Office 2010 out of the box as long as you have a trial key... and so far i am loving it :D! runs great and fast.... And for the speakers, they are louder than my desktops, but of course they dont have a good base, so i still use my trusty headphones to listen to my songs... but it is always fun to unplug my laptop and let my friends listen to the music as well, mainly because it sounds pretty good :) if there are any questions please feel free to ask and i will try to answer them
----EDIT----
i took away one star for those people who like a long battery life, i do not care that much for this part, because i carry around my laptop charger anyways...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best computer for the money, March 1, 2012
I am 16. I have built three computers from parts, and have a small side business fixing computers. My old laptop recently died on me, and my parents purchased me a netbook for school. Perhaps i am spoiled by my six core desktop, but my super slow netbook was unacceptable for me. I did some research, and found on that my my needs/wants. This laptop has almost instant response time, runs windows 7 64 bit, and has half a gig of video card memory. I was a little wary of the idea of splitting the CPU between a graphics card and the main CPU processes, but i have had no problems with that. It can play all the games i own, and will usually put new games on high settings, but some times i lower the settings back down to medium to avoid the rare lag that occurs. I have played Modern Warfare 3, Dawn of War II, Civilization V, Supreme commander 2, and TF2 without any issues. I can see using this laptop for the next 3 or 4 years. And at only $430, this is a great deal.

Pros:
Price
Speed
Gaming
boot time
light
battery (on batter saver or normal mode about 6 hours)

Cons
Battery (on performance mode, 1 hour)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Laptop, February 27, 2012
I ordered this laptop after I cracked the screen on my other HP. I am absolutely in love with it. Has Windows 7, has HDMI and VGA outputs so I can connect my laptop to the TV. Keyboard is awesome, keys do not stick and they are space perfectly apart. Scroll pad is awesome as well, doesn't lag and moves as fast as my finger does. Great graphics, I am not a gamer or anything, I use this for my homework, and it exceeds every requirement I have. LOUD speakers. Comes with SRS speakers, crystal clear sound! Battery life is excellent, considering my old laptop would only last about 30 minutes unplugged. This one last about 4 hours. VERY FAST delivery, got it in two days. Never runs hot, and starts up soooo fast. Set up was super easy as well. I would recommend this laptop to any college student. As long as your not using this to play WOW or other large online games then this is the laptop for you. Absolutely no complaints here. HP computer just keep getting better and better!

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent upgrade, March 1, 2012
You can't go wrong with this price! My old computer bit the dust, and this is a more than adequate replacement! Here's my take on the system so far:

Packaging:

Pretty minimalist, and well secured. Amazon did not do a good job packing the box, as it was allowed to shift during transit. The packaging by HP is well done, and it kept the computer safe on its journey. Everything was easy to unpack. Here are the contents:

-Computer (of course!)
-Power cord (two part with a brick)
-Battery
-Get started guide
-A few advertisements for accessories
-A note pad (useful!)

First Impressions:

The computer has a pretty slick look to it. It's lightweight and opens easily on its hinge. The keys will take some getting used to-- they are very flat and square. The track pad is generously sized-- and has a dotted texture. Overall, the computer is well put together, but it has a plastic feel to it.

Running the computer:

It's swift and responsive. There aren't too many pre-installed programs; which is quite awesome! As an upgrade from Windows XP, it's going to take some time to adjust. But, that aside, everything runs like a charm. I haven't had a chance to test out the battery yet, as the computer has only been in my possession for two days.

I'll update if anything goes awry, but so far, this was an unbelievable deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good battery life, Extra upgrades, February 22, 2012
I purchased the same laptop from Staples for over $100 less than here when it was on sale several weeks ago. It has about five hour battery life on a FULL Charge with normal screen brightness. With a dimmed screen, the battery life should be longer. But I still like a brighter screen, and five hours are more than enough for me. (The other reviewer complaining battery life might not get a full charge before testing, I guess)

My 1d60us comes with A4-3320M CPU, which has 2MB L2 cache, vs. A4-3305M's 1MB. It also comes with a 750GB hard drive, not the 640GB advertised. I am not the only one who got those upgrades. But I can not tell what the Amazon ones are like. If you might need to connect your laptop to a HD TV, the HDMI on this computer is a convenient feature. Not all the notebooks on this price range have HDMI, and bluetooth as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., March 2, 2012
We purchased this from Amazon to replace a Dell netbook that died. Amazon delivery service was fast, as usual, and there were no problems with the packaging. We did buy a memory upgrade from 4gb to 8gb ([...] which was quite reasonable at less than $50, and took the system response from very good to excellent. Key touch is a little light, compared to the Dell, but we are getting used to it. Scroll response is excellent (always a problem with the Dell). Screen images are crisp and clear. The unit is somewhat heavier than the Dell, but since we don't carry it around much, this isn't a big problem for us.
I did a lot of on-line research before we selected this unit, and found the Amazon site the most helpful (what else is new?). For the money, this appears to be as good a deal as you can find. In fact, the March issue of Laptop magazine rates this model as their Top Pick in the Budget Notebook category - at the list price of $499!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the PRICE., March 15, 2012
Purchased as a gift for parents. We had a couple of weeks to work with it, install AV, updates, set up favorites, etc., before repackaging and wrapping. For the price, it seemed like a very good deal.

Functionally, as far as the way the computer performance, it is great for what we (they) needed it to do. You couldn't really expect more considering. It does everything the average user would want, average being someone watching videos and looking at pictures, facebook, web surfing, excel, word - what "most" people do these days. As far as gaming, that was not tested. Display was bright, good color, and crisp. Everything operationally was fine, as good as another computer we own that cost twice the price.

Overall, it had a good feel, balanced well on your "lap", pretty solid, and was not too heavy. The "mouse pad" area on the keyboard was the only real negative with this particular computer. The "pad" area was not smooth, but rigid, but not unacceptable. The "buttons" on the pad, the left/right "clickers" were a little stiff, though not bad enough to justify a return. You had to use a little more pressure than any other I can remember. This may only be the case with this particular one, and not an indication of all the laptops in this series.

The only other fault was the plastic around the keyboard area - not the keys themselves, which were fine, just the surface surrounding the keyboard area. It had the look and feel of a softer plastic toy - but it did seem solid enough to hold up. It was flexible with a little pressure. Most I recall are more solid - a harder type plastic.

Finally, for the price and availability, this was the model we chose, and are pretty happy with it. If you will use a separate mouse, then no worries with the built in mouse pad. If you can afford it, consider a higher priced model, but in the price range, this performs well. 4 Stars - have take off 1 for the mouse pad and softer plastic.

Amazon was GREAT as always!!!!! 5 STARS EVERY TIME!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop, March 8, 2012
Just got this laptop a few days ago, very pleased so far. Very easy to set up, just took a couple minutes to click through the setup menu. I got Kaspersky separately instead of Norton (which the laptop comes setup with as a trial) and it was easy to uninstall Norton. Not to many bloatware things, also easy to delete those. The computer is very fast as far as it goes from my standards. From power off to desktop was 36 seconds as my head counted, not sure if I was exactly atomic clock quality but it was pretty fast. I'm not planning on doing much more than writing papers and surfing the web, but it should more than adequately handle that. For the price not bad! Definitely doesn't feel as sturdy as a mac, but hey for 420 your not gonna get a laptop with a metal housing. So yeah, definitely seems like good bang for your buck.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price..., April 6, 2012
I haven't much used this product but like to put my observations. Its a nice product at the price range but still feel could have been better. The initial look and feel is ok, the edges are sharp, the design is sleek. glad to have 3 USB's, nice 2.54ghz AMD processor. The things lacking is smart buttons, left mouse click is extremely hard, scoll with two finger is something new but could't still got used to it. The up and down keys are tooo small, I usually land up with wrong keys. In a nutsheel in the price range $400-$450 its a decent laptop and gets your job done, do not expect miracles out of it :)

3.0 out of 5 stars A pretty good general computer, May 1, 2012
A couple of quick things regarding the purchase of this new computer. This lap top is not for gamers since it has a dual processor not quad. I have a HP Pavilion TX 2000 (touch screen) also and it has noticeably better screen resolution than this product. The colors and clarity is much better on my other lap top. I would say the screen on this product is average to just below average. The home key is next to the backspace key which makes typing difficult because you have to keep putting your cursor back where you were. You keep hitting the home key which of course puts you to the beginning of whatever field you are in. The keyboard is okay and responds pretty well. I would say the battery is pretty stable and lasts for as long as is stated (though drains quickly when watching movies). I was surprised that everything on this Pavilion was backward from my other, smaller Pavilion. I guess that's okay but it was strange plugging in everything opposite when they are the same manufacturer and product line. One very good thing that some other laptops don't have is this ones "pressure" power key. You can actually turn this lap top off if is gets "stuck" on something and you can't turn it off as you normally would. Other laptops (like the touch model I have) get stuck and you have to pull the power cord and the battery before you can get it to shut off. You just hold the power button down on this and it turns off. You don't have to mess with wires etc. and run the probable risk of crashing external hard drives. This lap top is lighter than others said it was...at least that was my impression. I think overall this is a average to good lap top. I think it suits my needs which are a generally pretty good computer.

ARRAY(0xa2f86b04)