Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2007 5:02:14 AM PST
Did any one see a discrepancy between the dvd and the film? I.e. scenes at the tea house in hogsmeade, Sirus as the dog at the train station (people were commenting about it), and Draco Malfoy causing a ruckus when he got off the train. I remember the movie quite vividly and was disappointed when I got the DVD and noticed some scenes (rather parts of scenes) were missing. Did anyone notice this? Where can I get the full version?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2007 4:52:18 PM PST
A Customer says:
I noticed it as well. It makes no sense to me why *parts* of scenes were cut.

I don't know if there is a full version or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2007 11:09:50 AM PST
I didn't see the film in the theaters, so it's hard to compare exactly. However, there is definately a scene with Sirus as an anamegus at the train station as well as an encounter between Harry and Draco when they get off the Hogswarts Express.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2007 11:27:24 AM PST
A Customer says:
I had a friend tell me that the missing scene with Cho was on her DVD. Which got me thinking...I have the 2-disk special edition. What's your version?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2007 12:09:52 PM PST
I have the plain widescreen edition...maybe that has something to do with it. I saw the film in theatres as a 3-D maybe that plays a role as well, but I am unsure why they would cut out parts of scenes that were already shown as part of the film in theatres.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2007 11:15:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 31, 2007 11:16:10 PM PST
I don't think the scene with Malfoy is book 5. He gets on the train and in book 6 is the Slug club where he follows back that guy to the compartment that Malfoy is in. So you won't have it. The tea house scene is missing in mine too. I have to check. One thing I miss is on the first two movies you got games with it. That's why get the two disc and for deleted scenes and now you don't. I checked and the malfoy scene is in there. Chong's tea house thing was never in the movie. The DA coming together at Hogs Head is. Also the tea house was cut out of the movie in theaters. One thing I hated was the changes they made like instead of the howler he gets kicked out and uncle Vernon is like it's just. Justice is served. That is not in the book. Malfoy says "You should be in Azkaban." Instead of your friend will be the big black dog. SO it was changed in the movie from book. I have 2 disk. Mine is from Target.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2008 1:25:57 PM PST
pinaicoolada says:
i'm sorry, but what do you mean by the scene at the tea house in hogsmeade? do you mean at the hog's head where they discussed the DA or another hogsmeade scene? because the hog's head is the only hogsmeade scene i remember.

Posted on Aug 8, 2009 11:52:35 PM PDT
D. Bitgood says:
There is also a scene near the beginning where Dudley explains to Harry's Aunt and Uncle that he (Harry) saved his life from the attack by the dementors, and Dudley and Harry shake hands. This scene is missing from my DVD version of the film. I have a copy of the wide screen 2-disc edition.

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 7:57:27 PM PDT
Syb-Man says:
I just don't understand why they'd cut the scenes. It doen't make sense.

In HP5 . . .
1. Dudley explained to parents that Harry saved him.
2. Harry and Cho's Date in the candy shop.
3. Hermione was afraid to ride the Thestrals (invisible horses) and had to trust Harry.

These are not scenes from trailers that did not make the film. My wife hasn't read the books, but she remembers these scenes.

Where is the official explanation for selling edited versions of the movie without labeling the disc as such?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 5:22:21 PM PDT
lakerfan says:
you are confused...harry and dudley don't shake hands until the good-bye scene at the beginning of book 7--the deathly hallows..(this scene doesn't appear in the 7th movie either--however i have been told that it will appear on the blue ray version )in the 5th book he doesn't tell the dursleys that harry saves his life, harry tells the account of the dementor attack...which does not appear in any version of the films. harry doesn't receive the howler...petunia does telling her that harry must remain living there. harry just receives numerous owls telling him he has been expelled, the ministry will be coming to arrest him and he is to surrender his wand, mr weasley and sirius both telling him not to surrender his wand and not to leave the house....none of these owl posts, nor the howler to petunia are in any versions of the film...the only owl post that appears is the only from mafalda hopkirk telling he is being expelled for performing magic in the presense of a muggle. the scene is very short in all versions of the film, where harry drags dudley in the house, dudley is puking in a trash can, is asked who did this to him and he points to harry, and the the owl appears..dursley is thrilled about it and then they are shuffling dudley into the car to take him to hospital. that is it...no mention of the dementor attack nor the explanation nor how harry saved dudley by neither boy was ever mentioned in any versions of the film in or out of the theater. i saw the movie at least a half dozen times and also many family members and they all agree with me on this one. perhaps more research and quizzings should be done on your parts to clear this matter up

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 5:37:33 PM PDT
lakerfan says:
i think you were hallucinating when you saw the movie in the theater. first, dudley did not explain that harry saved him...he blamed harry. while he was puking in the trash can, the dursleys asked who did this to him and he pointed at harry. harry didn't even get a chance to explain the dementor attack..in fact the attack was not even mentioned in the scene with the dursleys--neither in the theater nor on the dvd.

the only romantic interaction between harry and cho was in the room of requirement when she was all teary while talking about cederic and he not knowing about the defense stuff and harry explaining that he did and was really good and when voldemort decides to kill someone it doesn't matter..then she comments they are under the mistletoe and harry says it is probably full of nargles and then they kiss. the only scene in hogsmeade was at the hogshead when they formed the dumbledore army. no tea room scene was ever in the movie in the theater.

there was never any discussion on hermione's part about being afraid to ride the thestrals at all in the theater. the only mention of flying them was when neville asked how they were going to get to london and luna says "we fly of course" and then the scene cuts to them flying in the air on the thestrals. the only time hermione verbally expressing her fear of flying was in a movie in the theater was the prisoner of azkaban while she was riding buckbeak with harry and she screams "i don't like flying"

none of these scenes you mention were ever in the theater version--i saw the movie in the theater at least a half a dozen times along with many family members and after discussing this with my nephew just now he agrees with me on all of the comments i have just made. you are evidently confused. somehow your wife must have heard about these things and confused them with them being in the movie because they were never there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2011 10:41:15 AM PDT
I don't remember that in the theater version. I do know that I hate the beginning of the movie because he is not at the house, like in the book.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2007
Latest post:  Jul 9, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions