5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the broadway lover ordered
Published 13 months ago by Gregory K Shaffer

1.0 out of 5 stars 4x30 Opera Glass Binoculars
The field of vision is very small and the magnification is almost non existant. They look good but were disappointing from a performance stand point.
Published 18 months ago by Gary Twitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the broadway lover ordered, January 17, 2014
This review is from: HQRP 4 x 30 Opera Glass Binocular Antique Style White pearl with Gold Trim w/ Necklace Chain 4x Extra High Magnification plus UV Meter (Electronics)
As a Christmas present for my theater loving wife, I knew this item would not just satisfy our asthetic desires but far exceed them... What I didn't expect was the high quality of the build. The optics are beautiful right up to the very edge. The field of vision is extremely wide meaning your whole eye is engaged instead of feeling like you're looking through a paper tube. Even from our balcony seats, the magnification level is just right. It's easy to follow the action of the show, where the 8 times magnification binoculars these replaced allowed only close examination of a performers face and little more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, November 7, 2011
I bought these to see a show from the third terrace of the theatre. They did a nice job. I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I only see a couple of shows a year. These fit the bill nicely and they fit into my purse easily. They were shipped quickly and, on short notice, I received them in time for the show - more quickly than Amazon's prediction.

5.0 out of 5 stars A closer view, March 16, 2012
The opera glasses were given to a dear friend just before our trip to the upper balcony at the Lyric Opera. They were a huge success. The neck chain keeps the glasses available for instant use without fumbling. Several other attendees asked where we got the glasses. Answer: Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars 4x30 Opera Glass Binoculars, August 9, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much better than the naked eye, August 19, 2012
Harbor Hound (Cascadia at 47N19, 122W34) - See all my reviews
We purchased these opera glasses and tried them out for the first time last night at Seattle Opera's excellent performance of Puccini's Turandot. Our seats were about halfway back on the First Tier. Everything was great, except that we may as well have left these opera glasses at home. Their level of magnification is weak, to say the least, which I should have figured out by doing more research before clicking the "Buy" button. So, we wanted to see facial expressions onstage, but these just didn't do the trick. What can you expect from something this inexpensive? I guess we'll dump these off on Craigslist and look for something more suitable. I see nothing offering greater magnification on Amazon, however ...

3.0 out of 5 stars No focus-balance between two eye and focusing in general is quite annoying. Received them without Bag Pouch and cleaning cloth, July 30, 2014
I bought them to use in theater. In white color they looks really attractive. The 30mm objective diameter is plus. So far have used them few times and cannot confirm x4 magnification. No focus-balance between two eye and focusing in general is quite annoying. Received them without Bag Pouch and cleaning cloth. It is probably better than nothing but you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this opera glass., January 30, 2013
I like this opera glass. I bought a few for my family and friends. It has good magnification and has a wider view.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful product, so elegant., December 31, 2012
I should have ordered a stronger lens binocular, however, they are so elegant, and if we weren't in the upper balcony, they would have been just perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Look good in antique setting, January 25, 2015
My wife likes - decorates with them - does not use as binoculars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, January 31, 2015