Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: eneloop HR-4UWXA8A XX 950mAh Typical/900mAh Minimum High Capacity AAA Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, 8 Pack
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 21, 2014
With my engineering hat on, I very, very much appreciate having products which distinguish between their guaranteed minimum performance and their expected average performance -- and then meet the average more often than not. That's my experience with Eneloops -- I've had several prior-generation packs which all lived up to expectations (and I wouldn't have had to purchase these newer units had several of those not been given away or sold installed in devices which I parted with; all the ones I still have are still going strong).

This new latest-gen pack is thus far living up to expectations just as effectively as their predecessors did -- which is important, as I'm putting them to safety-critical use powering my bicycle headlights.

That said -- I only use slow charge cycles with a good charger (personally, I'm using a predecessor to the LaCrosse BC1000) to maximize my batteries' lifespans, and I strongly recommend doing likewise for anyone hoping to get years of regular use.
on July 2, 2014
These are the best I've found so far. They hold their charge for months and months with no apparent loss of power when you finally use them. They're very long lasting, and have ample power for demanding use. I use mine for my flashes and other photographic equipment and they haven't let me down. I've read numerous reviews and these were touted (rightfully so) as the best.
on February 26, 2014
I have run these through some basic discharge then recharge via break-in feature on a Maha PowerEx MH-C9000 WizardOne Charger-Analyzer. End charge was about 50mah higher than specs. Every battery processed through testing has exceeded manufacturer specifications, so I will recommend these to anyone really wanting a long lasting good battery. I have also cycled a set 300x and still performing within specifications!
on March 26, 2014
I just keep buying and returning to Eneloop brand. Tried others Ni-Mh, Ni-Cd and Ni-Zn batteries. Eneloop just delivers, and mostly on where it counts - it doesn't self-discharge. You turn your appliance without surprise of zero charge.
on December 6, 2014
Outstanding quality and reliability. True rating of minimum of 2450 mAh, at average of 2500 mAh. Some brands advertise 2500 mAh or higher but are not as I do my load test. Cells are Made in Japan, not China which are more reliable. Also, these "pro" version runs cooler under load and recharging. Little pricey but worth the price for quality cells. Also listed, can charge over 500 times. Some other cells are less than that. These are great batteries. I use them in my big battery drain items, digital camera with built in flash, Flip video and night vision scope. They last longer than Energizer batteries and are rechargeable. A bit expensive at around $30 for eight batteries but no more throwing away batteries! At 2450 mAh, very strong batteries. Get these black ones 2450 mAh rather than the regular white ones 2000 mAh. About 25% more power is important for high battery drain items.I started with a four pack and charger unit about a year ago & am very happy with the results. The four pack with charger, also around $30 is great. The charger is smart. It can charge batteries individually and will not over charge. Lights indicate when each of the batteries is charging and fully charged. A really nice feature is that the batteries are all inserted the same way, top up rather than the cheap, alternating, up, down, up, down that most chargers use. It is nice to see that some designers think about the end user!
on November 18, 2015
You can't go wrong with eneloop batteries. You can keep them around for a long time and they will hold their charge. I replaced all my batteries with eneloop. They're a little expensive to start out with, but they pay for themselves pretty quickly, especially if you have 2 kids with tons of toys like I do.
on January 14, 2015
I use these 900mAh (vs typical 800mAh) AAA batteries in high-draw motorized metal prep tools in my commercial machine shop. The Sanyo eneloop has always been our go-to rechargeable battery, and this 900mAh allows us to keep critical equipment accessible longer before recharging is required. The equipment that uses this battery are motorized metal surface buffer/etchers that prep areas for electrical conductivity tests. This is the exact type of use that rechargeables are perfect for. This battery by Sanyo outlasts any other brand we've used.
on December 31, 2014
Love these batteries. I have gotten a few duds before, but usually perform very well. The duds will only charge once or twice and die. Out of maybe every 50 batteries I get 1 dud. They stay charged a long time (close to a year) without losing strength (stored). Haven't had one leak inside a toys stored (forgot to remove batteries), so a good thing.
on November 22, 2013
I bought the eneloop HC batteries after reading reports and positive reviews. Turns out they were right.
The battery came precharged, but will not last too long on most devices, especially flashlights, when you first use them.
It does take a bit longer to charge than other batteries, but once fully charged, they last much longer (~20-40%) than my other rechargeable batteries. I use these on my bike lights and they last on average about 20-30 hours. And as the manufacturer said, they do hold their charges very well during storage.
on January 1, 2015
Have a very long term power storage. One of the best rechargeable batteries you can buy. If you are looking at other brands, products. STOP and buy these. They are exactly what you need for all your AAA needs.