on December 5, 2014
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
Thank you seller and Amazon for such a smooth and speedy transaction!

This is the best iron I've ever had. I've been flat ironing my own hair for over 12 years and I feel confident writing this review knowing that flat ironing is a learned skill and not everyone is doing it correct, hence complaining about snagged hair and taking too long to iron etc..I have long, frizzy and wavy hair, yet it's thin. Stubborn at the roots for sure..I've always had to go over and over with other irons. NOT WITH THIS HSI!!!

This HSI:
Did not snag or tug at my hair
No burnt smell
Ironed quickly and efficiently
Not ONE of my hairs was ripped out in the plates
Took away frizz and worked on my stubborn hair quickly!

The light went from red to green when it was heated up for use, very quickly. Came with a little trial Argan oil and glove.
Also has storage pouch. You can adjust the temperature dial as well. I LOVE that the cord is longer than any iron I've ever owned..Hot Tools, Corioliss and Chi to name a few. Well worth the money!

In my photo the bottom of my hair looks not as straight as it should be..because it hasn't been cut in almost a year (shameful I know lol) so I don't blame that on the iron!
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
1,032 of 1,119 people found the following review helpful
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
My wife decided that she wanted a flat iron hair straightener and she thought this model looked the best. When she got it and used it for the first time she was very excited. It was easy to use and she got professional results doing it herself. I have included a video on the product and show the before and after results on her hair. (Please don't make fun of her before hair photo)

My wife used the temperature setting between 2/3 and 3/4 of fully turned on all the way.

The model has some very good features and it really is a high quality product. Just a couple of issues you should be aware of:
1. If you plug in the flat iron and it will not come on, press the reset switch on the cord circuit breaker to reset it.
2. The unit does not have an automatic shut off timer so make sure you turn it off or unplug it. If you have children I would unplug it and store it properly away after it was cooled off.

Please take the time to watch the video and I hope it is of benefit to you.

Flat iron included accessories:
* Nice traveling bag
* Flat iron
* Heat glove
* User instruction manual

Main Features:
* Adjustable temperature from 140° to 410° F to suit your hair type.
* Smooth ceramic plates that easily slide through your hair.
* 1 inch wide plates to work with any hair type and style and also allow you to straighten your bangs.
* Power cord is 7 feet long with built in circuit breaker
* On/off switch.
* Heat indicating LED light.
* Fast and easy to use with professional results.
* Comes with protective heat glove if you want to use it.
* Swivel power cord to eliminate the power cord from twisting.
* Operates on 110 to 240 VAC and 50/60 Hz

This is a good product and deserves a 5 Star rating.
3232 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 8, 2012
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
Honestly, by far these are the best flat irons I've ever had..I really loved how good they straightened and curled..they gave me beautiful curls and when I wanted my hair straight it straightened right up..they didnt burn my hair or leave that burnt smell..I plan on purchasing from them in the future..and i received my item in two days..
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 17, 2014
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
I give this flat iron a five star because for such an affordable price this is a quality product. I am an African American with medium long hair that is kinky/curly and thick after using this flat iron along with the argon oil my hair is left shiny soft and incredibly heathy looking and soft to the touch. I immediately ordered the 4oz size and the 50 percent off coupon for the full size enclosed in the box was icing on the cake. Don't hesitate this is a great buy!!! I spent hours reading reviews before my purchase so I decided to give back and give an honest review.
review image
on December 31, 2012
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
I wanted a flat iron that not only flattened but flips and curls too! I bought this product because of the reviews and price. I am so glad I did. I used it to curl my hair and I have to say it works better than a curling iron. I love it!
review image review image
1,070 of 1,239 people found the following review helpful
on May 9, 2011
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
The only reasons I bought this flat iron was because the price was right - only $44.23 and the reviews were great. For $44 I thought it would be worth the risk of not knowing the manufacturer to go ahead and get this since it is a professional flat iron. I had been using a Chi iron. After reading several reviews on Amazon about how others had a CHI that broke, I thought it might be a good idea for me to get this as a backup in case my own CHI breaks soon. Now my old CHI is the backup and the HSI is my main one!

This HSI flat iron is great. The features I love:
-Adjustable temperature control
-Swiveling cord so no tangles/twists
-Plastic behind the heated plates does not get too hot so I can grab that part when I need to
-Both straightens and curls my hair
-Smooth plates, nicely constructed so my hair doesn't get caught up in it and pulled out

I have very thick, curly hair and this flat iron does a quick job straightening my hair. i would recommend this product and would buy an HSI again if I had the need.

UPDATE AFTER 1 1/2 YEARS
My HSI flat iron is still going strong! I use it about 3 times each week as my only flat iron. It works as well as it did on day 1 and I've had no problems with it at all!
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 9, 2012
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
My new favorite toy. The HSI flat iron came packaged with a few sweet surprises. The seller packed in a sample of HSI Argan Oil, as well as bonus HSI Heat Resistant Glove that retails on its own on Amazon for $10. I had actually planned on purchasing this later. So I was pleasantly surprised to see it in my box. The flat iron itself comes with a heat resistant pouch for storage. The iron is amazing. AMAZING. I have had both a Chi and a GHD and this far exceeded the quality of both. This boasts floating plates that have yet to snag my hair, and again, to my content, a longer swiveling 7 foot cord. The 1" plates heat up from 140F to 410F and can be used to straighten, flip and curl your hair. The plates contain both ceramic and tourmaline making this a major selling point for anyone who has curly, frizzy hair. {Tourmaline in the plates increases negative ions which balance hair to drastically reduce static and frizz while ceramic disperses heat evenly for fast, safe styling sealing cuticles to lock in moisture and leave hair smooth and shiny.} It offers flash heating, and once hot, the iron stays evenly heated until you turn it off. For me, this is a single pass iron, I had no need to go back and smooth over with a second pass. All the reviews on Amazon were right, this a superior product to any of the brand irons on the market. I highly suggest this iron, definitely get it while it's on the big sale if you can! I don't know how long it will be before it's back at the $300 price point. Even if you buy it then, it's worth every penny!

To recap, you get a professional ceramic and tourmaline infused iron with swiveling 7 foot cord with floating plates that heat up from 140 to 410 degrees Farenheit for $40. For the time being. Remember this is a $300 iron.

Overall, I am intensely happy with my purchase, and put my name behind them as outstanding quality products!

For more information, check out my beauty blog at southerngorgeous.blogspot.com!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 9, 2012
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
I was going to spend a LOT more money through HSN for a CHI flat iron with the same options as this Flat Iron and i was gonna pay 4 flex pays and each one would have cost almost as much as the total price of this item. I have VERY thick, coarse wavy hair... It is EXTREMELY resistant to any form of straightening... dry coarse texture... and ive always wanted long hair but couldnt have it without using a STRONG relaxer which destroyed my hair... left it in a suspended state of China Doll straight with NO other options... well i;ve been growing my hair out for many months.. I have had to fight it tooth and nail.. multiple salon hair cuts to tame it.. I use a LOT of straightening products and on occasion.. yuck.. strong chemical relaxers you need a gas mask and hazmat suit to use... switched to a chi smoothing relaxer.. smoothed but did NOT straighten hair..

Well i think i can TOSS a lot of that out now that i have my HSI. I put a lil of the Argan oil sample in my hair. Heated up the iron and gave it a go without overly high expectations. In 20 minutes i had my shiny, silky. and Pin straight!!! and no heat damage.. I was SHOCKED that this 40 dollar iron had all these options and worked so well I had to struggle so much with my hair before,but NO MORE!! The packaging is top notch as well.. and the storage bag is to die for. Also the Argan Oil is a MIRACLE serum... When i say miracle im not kidding.. God actually answered my years of praying for my hair to cooperate... its always been a love hate thing .. its SO much better than anything containing any type of silicone and i will be ordering a 4oz bottle of the HSI Argan Oil as a compliment for sure.. I currently use Chi Silk Serum.. while it is effective.. it does NOT come into the league of the HSI Argan Oil... it may be expensive for the oil but you get what you pay for... it doesn't take a lot.. I know my own hair texture and i can guarantee with the HSI iron it WILL close the cuticle.. make it soft.. shiny.. I haven't even used my Expensive Chi Hairspray.. dont seem to need it.. hair moves naturally and then back in place.. In the past i had to layer my hair in smoothing and holding products..

i've Never been happier with a hair tool and i've had MANY.. and i still just cant get over the price.... I'm a man but I've been in the company of a LOT of stylists and designers and h ave access to high end products.. but i hate always having to beg them to style my hair and then its gone once the nights over like Cinderella.. i pay much more for a cut and style at the salon than i paid for this Flat Iron. Also no more next day disappointment after the salon when i cant replicate what the stylist did ,, because with my HSI i CAN replicate it :) quite easily and quickly actually.. Also I color my hair EVERY 4-6 weeks... i colored my hair a week ago and i wasnt thrilled with it.. well the combination of this Iron and The Argan Oil my my level 4 chocolate brown color brilliant and luminous..

Also the plates are of high quality.. very sturdy.. smooth.. i can tell they are very hard and also they FLOAT.. this is an IMPORTANT feature ladies and Gents who consider their hair their crowning glory. Since they "float" and move with your hair and rotate.. the iron is very easy to use and versatile depending on what you want to do with it. Don't get me wrong i have an ENTIRE line of CHI products and already own one of their flat irons. Im a die hard Chi fan... but you really oughta give this bargain of an item a try. I will always love CHI but i am VERY interested to see what HSI begins to do with its product line... though i only needed the iron and the Argan oil and i REALLY like that the Oil is Natural... penetrates my hair.. unlike my other products which are mostly silicone based and layer up and sometimes actually seem to dry my hair. I knew the argon oil was superior the second i flattend the first section of hair. I saw some steam but it made no sound.. and and pulled iron straight through and unlike with my other iron with no floating plates i flipped under at the end of section all in one motion... The section was flawless.. no second or third run through. and shiny.. very shiny. Also my style has lasted a few days ;-)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
831 of 1,036 people found the following review helpful
on May 6, 2012
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
***update on my last review: *** The flat iron deserves 5 stars. Amazon doesn't allow changing the stars so I will just edit my review.

My review was about the iron not getting hot enough and was not working properly (my hair would not stay straight)
The next day after I contacted them. I got an email from Jessica from customers service dept. Letting me know that she had read the review and she told me its very unusual but i must of received a defective one. Without any questions asked she had a replacement sent out to me the same day with express mail. Like I said before I give them 5 star not only for the amazing flat iron but for their great customer service
2828 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 25, 2014
Size Name: 1 inchVerified Purchase
I did A LOT of research before buying this hair straightener. A LOT! Like, hours, maybe even days. I knew I did NOT want to purchase the Chi, because even though I know it's an excellent product, I'd have spend $100+ for it… and that didn't interest me one bit. I wanted to buy a hair straightener that was more affordable but of equal quality & performance.

After much research, I went with the HSI Professional because it had better reviews, and even a video review which I found very helpful! I got it the first day within the date range Amazon stated. It came brand new, in nice packaging, and it came with a fancy red silky bag. So far so good!

Then I used it…. It is fantastic! I have VERY thick, long curly/wavy hair. Seriously…very thick, voluminous hair. This straightener did a job well done! I didn't have to go over each piece a bunch of times, just 2, maybe 3. It exceeds 400 degrees which is necessary for my hair type. The ON/OFF button and temperature turn dial are located below the inner ceramic plates which I love because then I am not prone to adjust the settings by accident. The cord has a rotating base to avoid wire kinks/damage, another plus! Because my hair is so thick, I don't have to wash it nearly as often as those with thinner hair. So if I use this straightener one day, I won't have to do any touch ups any of the following days. With other straighteners, I'd have to re-do my hair the same day, and/or every day after. Needless to say, I am very happy with the HSI Pro Hair Straightener and even happier that I didn't have to break my bank for it!

I definitely recommend this product! Go for it! You won't be disappointed!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations