Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:12 Mins
Published 19 months ago by JJCEO

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Published 1 month ago by J. Gerard

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), November 13, 2014
This review is from: HooToo® HT-UH010 7-Port USB 3.0 HUB with 2 Smart Charging Ports for iPad/iPhone/SAMSUNG/HTC Smartphone/Tablet (12V/5A Power Adapter(8ft), 3.3ft USB 3.0 Cable, Latest VIA VL812-B2 Chipset and 9081 Firmware Updated) (Personal Computers)
We purchased two of the 7-Port (+2) HUBs for our iMac computers but they do not work with my Late 2012 iMac which has USB 3.0 ports. My wife is using a much older iMac that only supports USB 2.0 and the HooToo hubs work just fine. Aside from the hardware differences, I have upgraded to the new OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) operating system, while my wife is still using OS X 10.9 (Mavericks). I tried both HUBs with each of our computers and they both worked with the older USB 2.0 Mavericks computer but neither one worked with the newer iMac with USB 3.0 and Yosemite operating system.

We are clearly paying a premium price for USB 3.0 support along with the 2 additional charging ports and we were willing to use this HUB with the older computer, thinking it would be ready for USB 3.0 when we replaced the older computer. Unfortunately, the HooToo HT-UH010 7-Port USB 3.0 HUB either does not work with the newer iMac computers or is not compatible with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).

5.0 out of 5 stars A USB hub with a lot power to charge a tablet and connect six USB devices to your computer!, May 13, 2013
Length:: 8:12 Mins

This is an amazing package for its size. It adds two USB 3.0 ports to your computer that are downward compatible to USB 2.0 and 1.1. it also adds four USB 2.0 ports to your computer that are downward compatible to USB 1.1 and it features a 7th port that is a USB charging port with an output of 5 VDC and 2 amps to charge your high powered tablets. That 7th port will not exchange data. In my attached video I tested 3 different USB thumb drives and a SATA I USB powered Hard Disk Drive and the hub performed very well in speed tests. I also posted in the video some graphic data analysis of the data transfer speeds as well as photos of the graphical speed test data.

The port comes with:
* A USB 3.0 cable to connect it to your computer. If you want USB 3.0 data transfer speed then you have to use a USB 3.0 port on your computer. The cable is 32 inches long.
* An AC wall power supply that will power the hub and furnish power to the USB ports. The power adapter can use 100 to 240 VAC at 50/60 Hertz so it is compatible for overseas use as long as you take your AC wall plug adapters. The output is 5 VDC at 4 Amps and that along with the power out of your computer's USB 3.0 port provides the power for the operation of this powerful accessory. Each USB 3.0 port needs to be able to supply 900 mADC and the USB 2.0 ports can supply 500 mADC. The cable length for the power adapter is 5 feet,
* An instruction manual

In my video I plugged in a high speed, medium speed and slower speed USB thumb drive as well as a USB powered SATA I Hard Disk Drive. I did some speed testing and the speed results were very good. Just remember that you have to share one computer USB 3.0 port with the six data ports on the hub so if multiple ports are reading or writing at that same time then the speeds are not capable of reaching 5 Gbps. The graphs are in the video but here are the fastest speeds that I saw in my testing.

Fast speed USB thumb drive:

* Max read speed at 37,342 MB/s

USB powered SATA I Hard Disk Drive:
* Max write speed at 33,309 MB/s
* Max read speed at 33,057 MB/s

The UBS ports allow you to add any type of accessory that needs a USB port. This means that you can add in a printer, scanner, external hard drive or whatever accessory you may need. The hub is compatible with many operating systems and I tested it on Vista 64 Bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit operating systems. No drivers are required to install this device. Just remember that if you need high speed data transfer or a higher current to operate a device then make sure to use one of the USB 3.0 ports

This is a good product and deserves a 5 star rating for it size, capabilities and good performance. I was supplied a sample unit for testing and I promised a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars HooToo UT-UH010 7-Port USB 3.0 Powered Hub with 2 Smart Charging Ports - Excellent, May 6, 2014
With the new Mac Pro and only 4 USB 3.0 ports, use of powered hubs is a necessity for large systems. I've had poor experience with powered hubs having adequate power for multi-bay enclosures, charging & syncing iPhones and iPads and other devices. I daisy chained two of these hubs to a Mac Pro USB 3.0 port and they drive all 14 devices I've attached.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adequately functional charging port., November 14, 2013
This product works with and recognizes all of my devices (ipad 2, galaxy s3, and Macbook pro) and charges everything I plug into it as well as a regular power outlet would. Like the description says, it has 7 ports, 2 of them being charging ports. The other 5 are only for use as data transfer ports. That said, the product fulfills all of it's functions as well as one would expect it to.

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not happy with this unit as only 3 of the 7 ..., July 29, 2014
I'm not happy with this unit as only 3 of the 7 ports work.
Looks like I'll be returning this soon.
Kem

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, absolutely the rest in its class and ..., September 17, 2014
Very good product, absolutely the rest in its class and it does have enough power to run all ports at full load which other similar devices can not. Just remember that eact USB 3.0 port needs .9 amps to run meaning 5 watts of power roughly per port times 7, or a total of 35 watts just for the data ports. Then add 15 watts for the charge ports and you need 50 watts to run the Boo Too 7 port at full power and you have that with this unit. Very few devices can do full power, some even have 10 ports and only about 25 watts to power it. So in short this device rocks 100% of what it needs and o have verified it on my gaming laptop. Amazing device and I have already bought more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awful...but outstanding customer service, October 4, 2014
I tried to refrain myself from writing negative things for products from small businesses as things normally are not easy for them. In addition, they have outstanding customer services and they did try to help me. But none of these could change the fact that it is a very crappy product. Meanwhile, the reviews on this have been very misleading, as they put different models under the same product name, as a result, high quality/reviews generated from a different model (the 7 port or 4 port one?) may trick you into thinking this one is solid as well, no, not at all.

I had my first one broken in 1 week, contacted the customer service, they sent in a replacement, in one week, it turned out to be the same thing. Just a list of things that I ran into ON BOTH THE ORIGINAL and THE REPLACEMENT:

1) It charged my iPad 2 for only 30 minutes, then stopped, interestingly, got itself messed up. For one time, its charging port shifted from back to one of the front port.
2) The whole thing can shut down, and no response no matter which button you push.
3) After sitting in the corner for one day, you push the power button, it may suddenly start up.
4) Among the 10 ports, most of the time, I could only have 2-3 of them work. They go out of function as a group, it seems 1-4 is one group, 5-7 is another group, and 8-10 is the third group. For me, most of time, only 8-10 works.
5) System reports USB malfunction from time to time.
6) 50% of the time the system doesn't recognize the connected external HD.

To be fair, i'd say it you can't blame 5 and 6 100% on the hub as Windows can cause issues, but 1 to 4 are enough, it is a joke, a product rotten from design to Quality Assurance. Just this type of joke makes you angry instead of laugh. At this moment, only port 9 works for me, and the system kept warning me USB malfunction, which finally pushed me into writing this review. It is a fair thing to do to let people know that this 10 port model is no way to be a 4.5 star product.

For my setup, I have a very normal Dell laptop running windows 8.1, an old but reliable iPad 2, two very solid WD portable hard drives. I never tried to do any extreme things, just backing pictures up between disks, yet, this thing just kept failing.

----update on 10/16/2014
Sunvalleytek made a full refund, though it has been 4 months since the purchase, way out of the refund window. I changed the rating from one star to three star, and think it is a fair reflection of this product, improvement needed, but back'ed up by their outstanding customer service, accordingly the end users bear little risk.

5.0 out of 5 stars HooToo HT-UH010 7 Port Hub with 2 Charging Ports: Great multifunctional device, August 23, 2014
Length:: 5:57 Mins

I love the HooToo HT-UH010 7-Port USB 3.0 HUB with 2 Smart Charging Ports. I currently have a 4 port USB 3.0 Hub that I use with my laptop and have found that I still need additional USB ports. My laptop only has 3 USB ports. One port the 4 port Hub is plugged into, another which I have a wireless mouse receiver plugged into and one that I swap between devices. Not all USB devices work correctly via a HUB and sometimes the device needs to be directly plugged into the computer itself.

In addition the 4 port Hub doesn't have any available ports as I have 4 external hard drives plugged in. So in short I need additional expansion. The 4 port USB 3.0 Hub will be dedicated for traveling and the 7 Port HooToo USB 3.0 Hub will be taking its place on my desk. The HooToo Hub has a power brick that goes with it which is just about the same size as the hub itself but heavier, not something I want to lug around when traveling.

The great thing about the HooToo Hub is that it has 7 ports for data transfer and then 2 ports for charging. The 2 charging ports are made up of one 1A port and one 2.1A port, which means I can now put away the Apple and Samsung Tablet chargers that I have plugged into my power strip and use the Hub to charge these devices instead.
The HooToo Hub is also USB 3.0, so great transfer speeds compared to USB 2.0. If you are on the market for a USB Hub go for a USB 3.0 one. It is backwards compatible so it will still work with older USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices. There is also enough space between the USB ports that irregular sized flash drives won't render the adjacent port useless, this can sometimes be an issue with other devices. The power adapter is 110/240V so it is useable worldwide. Performance is on par with other USB 3.0 hubs and no issues with the hub overheating.

Overall, this is a great device. I love that it is 7 data ports and has the additional of two USB ports for charging devices. This isn't something that I have seen often. Typically the device is either a hub for transferring data or a hub for charging devices, rarely do you see both functions combined into a single device. I am a fan of multifunctional devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love what it does, especially having the transfer rates for multiple 3.0 hubs, February 27, 2014
My "relationship" with the HooToo 7-port USB Hub is a love-dont hate that ultimately rates 5 stars.

Love: My PC isn't that old, but it only has two 3.0 USB ports. Now I have 7 more!

Love or at least like: Each port has a red LED when it is powered and a green LED when something is plugged in - though I can SEE that something's plugged in. But neither LED is so bright as to be distracting unlike other devices that I have.

Love the transfer rate, and that's why I'd rate this at 5 stars. My hobby is digital photography. When you take pics in jpeg, most are between 1 and 3 MB, but with my new camera, I take pics in RAW which are between 13 and 16 MB while the camera also keeps a jpeg copy. Considering that I can easily take 200-400 shots a day, imagine what an extra 25% in transfer speed means to me now that I no longer have to use the 2.0 hubs which are approximately 8-10 times slower!

Neither here nor there: It's nice to be able to charge 4 or 5 devices at once, but since I have no smart phone and don't use my Kindles or e-reader or MP3 player or Garmin or other gadgets (I just realized I have more STUFF than I thought) so often that I'm going to be charging them at the same time, this is a nice feature but I leave it to the more tech savvy to enjoy.

Don't Like: The AC adapter - which would be my preference considering how difficult it is to get to my USB hubs (computer is under the desk, with most USBs are in the back) - is as big and bulky as the AC plug for my laptop whose battery is deader than my first iPod. Trying to keep some semblance of order in this home office is getting impossible. I have wires that may or may not be connected to something, but after 18 years, I'm only now thinking I should have labeled them in 1995!

Oh, and while I'm at it, even though I've got a tangled web of wires, the cord for this is only about 3.5 feet. In order to get to a remaining plug, I could have used the standard 6 feet.

Overall, and considering my needs rather than wants, this certainly works and works well.

Note: I was provided with this for an objective and honest review.

ew

1.0 out of 5 stars REVISED - ONE STAR, August 11, 2014
Original review: Really good USB charger with a great form factor.

New review:

Purchased June 16th, 2014.

Required unplugging/plugging back in after every OTHER reboot starting July 2014.
Finally died (locks up system during USB discovery/BIOS, X99 Chipset Asus X99 Deluxe Bios 0801) 9/27/2014.

So yeah, it was great for a month, started flaking out after that, and finally died 2 months later.