Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HTC Inspire 4G Unlocked Phone A9192, Black
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on October 9, 2011
I had read all the negative reviews for this phone but the good ones out weighed the bad so I decided to give it a go. The unit I was sent was defective out of the box and I remembered all the people advising against it. I contacted amazon and they immediately sent out a new phone and gave me a ups label to return the defective one @ no extra cost. The second phone has been working perfectly and amazon's superior customer service took some of the sting off of getting a non working unit the first time. On an additional note, all those warnings of poor battery life, I've gotten the battery so far to go 36 to 40 hours btwn charges. over all it has been worth the price, just be sure to buy from amazon directly as you will then have the their guaranty backing you up.
2828 comments|577 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I owned this phone for about a year and loved it. However, I upgrade my phones often as I am a techie and have to have the latest phone/tablet, etc. Here is my detailed review, and I hope that it will help you make a good decision if you need a great smartphone at this great price!

Pros:

- Very clear and easy to read 4.3" screen.
- Outstanding colors with clear and vivid screen.
- 2.2 Android allowed me to save many installed apps on my SD External card. (Cannot do this anymore after OS 3.0 and higher).
- Great camera - I took many high quality pictures and many were better than my regular camera.
- Music Player (stock) is very good. Sound could be louder, however, a good set of headphones fixed this and the sound is good with the headset.
- Got 4g on the Internet Data.
- WiFi came in clear and fast.
- Overall a easy to use and good sized 4.3" phone and it is a little heavy, yet still comfortable to hold with big enough screen.
- Built in FM Radio. This is one of my favorite features!
- Good memory and this phone was fast and peppy for me.
- Excellent Internal storage space. **Also many apps that I installed I was able to move onto my External SD card because the OS in this phone is 2.2. After OS 3.0 and above, apps cannot be moved onto the SD card, so this is a plus for this phone.

Cons:
- Do not like that the back has two separate compartments for battery and Sim card, memory card, a hassle to open this up, but I got used to it.
- HEAVY PHONE for it's size!
- Phone kind of thick (at least by today's standards).

In spite of the cons, I still give it a 4.6 as it is a good phone even for today!

Also, I am a techie and know a lot about Android devices that is smartphones and tablets, so if you have any questions, please ask me in the comment section.
Hope that this review has been helpful to you and thank you for reading it.
3434 comments|213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 23, 2011
I always thought that iPhone is top of the game - I mean, Apple products usually are, right?

Well, I was looking for a gift for my wife's birthday and I really didn't like price of unlocked iPhone. I'm not US citizen so I can't get it through contract, so my only option was to buy it for full price and lets be honest - it's greatly exaggerated. So, I opted to instead switch to Android phone. Woooooooooow! Hello thar! :)

It took me awhile to choose which phone to buy and in the end, Inspire won with it's easily affordable price. Seriously, you can buy 2 of these for a price of 1 iPhone! And that is actually what I did - I bought one, used it for a week and went back to Amazon to order another one for my wife as the 1st one is staying with me.

Lets be honest, though - phone is not perfect. Yeah, battery could be stronger (get yourself 1600 mAh or stronger one for roughly $10), software could be slightly more polished but in all honesty, this is a 5 star phone.

PROs:

* HUGE screen! And with high resolution, wow!
* Easy to customize (software and hardware [i.e. stronger battery]). Take that, iPhone!
* PRICE! Did I mention that you can buy 2 of these for the price of 1 iPhone? Seriously? Steve, you've been awesome guy, may you rest in peace, but your products have been greatly overpriced.
* 8 MP camera! (not the best quality but surprisingly good)

CONs:

* Software could be slightly better. It does have some weird stuff going on, but nothing to tarnish this phone's great rep.
* BIG! Seriously, forget about carrying it in your pocket. This is mini tablet, I kid you not. I still love it. :)

For me, this is easy decision - this phone trumps anything else in the market when it comes to price/specs ratio. Yeah I know, everybody wants iPhone 4s, Samsung Galaxy S2 etc, but seriously, they can't really offer you much more considering huge price gap between them and this phone.

I know I bought 2 for reason. Trust me, this phone rocks.
44 comments|204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2013
Overall I am very pleased with this phone. I purchased an HTC phone because I had the HTC Incredible and loved it and I wanted to stay with the same user interface. The only reason I purchased a new phone is that I am leaving Verizon and going to Straight Talk and they require a GSM phone.

There have been some reviews indicating that this phone does not work with prepaid carriers but my experience setting this up with Straight Talk has been flawless. You just need to make sure that you purchase an ATT SIM card from Straight Talk's website (Straight Talk uses ATT's towers for this and most other phones). And overall I am also very pleased with Straight Talk both on price and coverage.

I have also read some reviews, both on Amazon and other websites, that indicate the HTC Inspire has poor reception. At first I thought the same thing. But then I realized that the antenna for this phone is actually part of the SIM card cover. I don't know why they did this but if you are having reception issues make sure that the SIM card cover (bottom of phone) is securely and tightly fitted onto the phone. In addition you may need to clean the 2 copper electrodes on the cover and the phone to ensure that you have a good connection.

The only reason for a 4 instead of a 5 star is that the manufacturer's box that this phone came in was not in new condition. It had been opened and not handled with care. I assume they have to open the box to "unlock" it from ATT but the box looks to be a year old and dropped a few times. In addition the 8GB SD card was not included as advertised. Not a huge deal for me since they only cost $6 and I had already planned to buy a 16 GB but I wanted to mention this.

Overall I am very pleased with my HTC Inspire. Amazon had excellent and fast delivery as always (fulfilled by Amazon). I would recommend this phone to anyone looking for an unlocked GSM phone for use with Straight Talk or other potential prepaid (better value) services.
22 comments|83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 3, 2011
THe Phones Works Excelent, great speed, the cam get really great quality... Android + HTC sense is a nice interface... The only issue with the phone is the battery Life, but if you have a car charger and USB cable with you in the office you dont need to worry about it.... if ATT release the gingerbread update will be perfect!
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2011
I have it for two weeks and has been excellent.

Everything described in the description of the phone is what I saw.
An excellent phone, from applications to the release has been wonderful.

I recommend it.

The only downside is the length of the battery, but I bought two extra batteries and I'm always the data cable and thus the charge into any USB port, so the problem is resolved.

Thanks and greetings from Costa Rica
2828 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2012
The item description says that is an unlocked phone but it's not. I have tried with 3 different companies and anybody could use it.

The SIM always says that the Network is locked and requires a SIM network unlock PIN no matters what. I use too many SIM cards from those companies and those ones did not work either.

I do not know how Amazon allows this kind of situations. this is a fraud!
66 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2011
Quite impressed with this. The hardware is thin and light and feels solid. The screen is great. The touchscreen is responsive. The CPU is fast. With some effort you can install Cyanogen on it, to get rid of the awful HTC operating system, malware, bloatware, spyware and crapware. In the very few moments I had this phone before deleting the HTC stock ROM, I did observe about fifty apps on it that are all crapware that it doesn't let you delete, so unless you like crapware or are planning to install Cyanogen, you might want to consider another phone. I have not used it except under Cyanogen so other users may have a different experience. One note on the seller, it's really slow to ship. The site said it's in stock but it took over a week to ship it, even though I ordered next day delivery.

WARNING TO T-MOBILE USERS: YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS PHONE. It does not have the hardware to support T-Mobile's 3G / 4G service. That means you're stuck with EDGE (2G) which is slower than dialup modems. You will not like it! I assume this is fine for ATT users but T-Mobile users should choose something else.
on May 20, 2013
was very excited when I got it. Worked well for the first week, then second week, stopped hearing when i made a call, then began telling me insert a sim card when the sim card was there. Disappointed big time
on October 16, 2011
It is a fast andriod phone with beautiful htc sences. More importantly, it can play flash video from websites. It is a great phone for me.