Featuring one of the most advanced cameras on any smartphone, the HTC Amaze 4G for T-Mobile comes equipped with an 8-megapixel camera and Full HD 1080p video recorder, a backside illuminated sensor for improved low light performance, zero shutter lag and a dual LED flash. It also sports a powerful dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor for fast image and video processing.
Capture the moment, and then connect
faster than home Internet on T-Mobile's
lightning-quick 4G network (view larger).
HTC Amaze 4G
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G (HSPA+ 42) connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.3-inch qHD Super LCD touchscreen
- 16 GB memory + microSD expansion
- 8-MP camera + Full HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
The HTC Amaze will be one of the first smartphones to take advantage of T-Mobile's faster 4G (HSPA+ 42) network technology, allowing you to browse the Web faster than on the average home Internet with average download speeds approaching 8 Mbps and peak speeds around 20 Mbps.
With a gorgeous 4.3-inch qHD Super LCD multi-touch display and support for T-Mobile TV, the HTC Amaze will keep you informed, connected and entertained. And with support for Near Field Communications (NFC), the HTC Amaze can read information from "smart" tags, or everyday objects that have NFC chips in them--from stickers and movie posters to t-shirts and even mobile payments (in the future).
Other features include a front-facing 2-megapixel camera for video chats, 16 GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, DLNA wireless streaming capabilities, HDMI output, GPS for navigation and location-based services, access to over 200,000 apps in the Android Market, streaming video from T-Mobile TV and downloaded movies from HTC Watch, and up to 6 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
Capture the Moment... in a Flash
Easily capture memories and share them while on the go with the advanced camera capabilities of the HTC Amaze 4G, which offers 8-megapixel camera and Full HD 1080p video recorder. You can instantly capture quality photos and videos with a dedicated camera button and T-Mobile's first direct-to-camcorder button. Sharing photos is easy with one-touch access to post to Facebook, Picasa or Flickr--all at 4G speeds. And you'll enjoy video chats over Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity thanks to the front-facing 2-megapixel camera.
Camera features include:
- Low-light performance with backside illuminated sensor and wide aperture lens (f/2.2).
- Zero shutter lag via innovative software features that allow for an instantaneous shot at that precise moment.
- SmartShot takes five photos and creates the best shot using clear faces with smiles and no blinking.
- PerfectPics creates an album view by scoring and filtering your best photos to the surface.
- SweepShot captures ultrawide panoramic shots in a single motion.
- ClearShot HDR takes clear pictures in high-contrast lighting.
- BurstShot captures five images in rapid succession.
- Face Detection
- Shake Detection
- Additional shooting modes include auto, night, action, macro, portrait and manual.
- Dedicated camera and camcorder buttons for one-touch access, even while the screen is off.
The HTC Amaze 4G weighs 5.11 ounces and measures 5.11 x 2.58 x 0.46 inches. Its 1730 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 264 hours (11 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 42). What's in the Box
HTC Amaze 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
T-Mobile's Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
T-Mobile's super-fast 4G network (HSPA+ 21) is getting even faster, doubling the speed with T-Mobile's lightning-quick 4G (HSPA+ 42) network technology. New smartphones that include this technology will now be able to browse the Web faster than on the average home Internet, as well as enjoy uninterrupted video streaming and quicker app downloads. T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 42) network average download speeds approach 8 Mbps with peak speeds around 20 Mbps.
And T-Mobile's increased network speed capabilities will benefit its customers using 3G and 4G (HSPA+ 21) devices for data services, as the backward compatible network pushes the limits of 3G and 4G devices to achieve maximum speed performance.
As of October, 2011, T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 42) network has been rolled out to more than 150 markets across the United States, and its 4G (HSPA+ 21) network is available in over 190 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--covering 200 million people across the country. Network upgrades will continue rolling out through 2012.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The HTC Amaze 4G runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The HTC Amaze 4G also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
| || |
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps) and location services
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- T-Mobile TV gives access to live and on-demand mobile HDTV.
- HTC Watch offers the latest, premium movies and TV shows available for rent or purchase.
- HTC Sync lets you autosync and backup photos, HD videos and music to your computer.
- Slacker Radio delivers more than 150 genre stations and ability to create custom stations for free.
- Zinio offers access to thousands of magazines on the go.
- Pro Apps lets you access powerful productivity tools from anywhere.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon S3) speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.3-inch qHD Super LCD multi-touch display (540 x 960 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- HDMI port for video output to your HDTV or monitor (adapter and cable not included).
- MicroUSB port
- Digital compass
- Dual microphones
- 8-megapixel camera
- Full HD 1080p video capture
- 2-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- DLNA capabilities allow you to stream movies, music, and photos from your smartphone to a compatible HDTV.
- FM radio
- SRS virtual surround sound wired for headphones.
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.