5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Arrive Is A Quality Handset With A Unique OS
DISCLAIMER: This is an in-depth review, if you want a simple thumbs up or down review, this is a huge thumbs up. If you have time to spare, I'm long-winded so bear with me.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I own the HTC Arrive which I purchased through Amazon Wireless (full blog review + images + video coming soon) I also have extensive hands-on experience with Windows Phone 7...
Published on March 19, 2011 by Brad Groux

3.0 out of 5 stars HTC Arrive Hardware Review
So this is just my comments on the phone itself not Windows Phone 7, I'll leave it to you to make your own decision on that. Honestly this phone already seems a bit dated. The 1Ghz snapdragon works well with WP7 but its getting to be an older chip, I don't know how well it will hold up in the long run when apps get more intense.
The screen is just flat out boring. I...
Published on May 16, 2011 by Nardz

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid phone, June 16, 2011
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Windows Phone 7 takes some getting used to, but it's been great so far.

As for the phone itself, it is a little weighty, and thicker than some other smartphones, but it feels solidly built. The physical keyboard is comfortable and the screen is sharp. The speakers sound great as well.

I use the Zune service to get music anywhere I go, Xbox Live to play games (mostly the free ones), and I can even watch Netflix on this phone, which is something my last phone couldn't do.

If you're on Sprint, and you're getting a little tired of Android, this phone is a great way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome phone!, April 25, 2011
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I switched to this phone from a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon about a month ago. The phone has been excellent, I regularly get 2 days between charges. Coverage under Sprint (in my area) has been even better than I had with Verizon.

Overall the WP7 UI is excellent, all of the menus and animations are fluid, and the phone is very easy to use.
The slide-out keyboard is excellent, and fully back-lit.

The screen is very good, I was a little spoiled with AMOLED on the ZuneHD, but the display is bright enough to use in direct sunlight.

If you have Zune account, this phone is a perfect fit. You can download songs on-the-go, and I was able to move my collection of music and movies from my zune to my phone with very little effort. The on-board speaker volume at its lowest setting is rather loud.

The Netflix support is pretty cool - works under 3G and wifi.

Sprint does not yet support tethering (cable or wifi) on this phone, but has plans to support it in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Sprint Arrive, Love the new Windows Phone, March 22, 2011
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Phone is sleek and stylish. HTC makes fantastic phone hardware. The phone is very responsive. Love the camera and flash. I came from a windows mobile 6.5 phone (Touch Pro2). This phone flat-out blows that one away. The new Windows Phone 7 OS is so un-Microsoft. It actually takes a while to get used to it's simplicity and naturally rich feel. I love this phone. For a first-gen OS it's very polished, IMO. I can't wait to see where this platform goes. Even my iphone friends are jealous. I HIGHLY recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone is solid, OS is really good, January 16, 2012
Phone = 4 stars, Win 7.5 mobile = 5 stars

The phone itself is fine, has a good camera, nice screen, fold-out keyboard, good processor, etc. Everything you really need in a smartphone. Knocking off a star because the fold-out keyboard isn't as smooth as some other phones (it's quirky, but the tilt feature is nice), and there is no place for expansion cards.

The operating system on the phone, however, really has me amazed. Details are beyond the scope of this review, but basically, a few days into it and I'm still being surprised at how flexible and simple it is. Warning (not specific to this phone): be prepared to install Zune on a computer and download updates, even if you don't use it for music. This could take half an hour, but the updates are worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows Phone and the Arrive are Amazing, January 15, 2012
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I love this phone. Windows Phone is so much farther ahead than iPhone and Android and I use all of them regularly.
I was originally going to go for an EVO Shift as I thought it would work better with my Google and app driven life, but I was sorely mistaken. I've had this phone for more than a few months.

The Windows app store is missing some apps found on android or itunes but you wont be without plenty of very high quality apps from major companies. I have everything from news and weather to store apps to music to games and more. Don't forget the best calender and email I have seen - and I use gmail and google calender - What's up with that Google? I have MS office on my phone as well which I use endlessly.

As for the hardware of the Arrive. The keyboard is great, but the onscreen input keyboard is high quality like the Iphone and better than andriod. I use both, but the keyboard is easier if you are typing a lot(I even take notes with it in office). The phone is fast and you never have to close programs and task switching is easy. It will go a full day on medium use with lots of apps, or a bit longer if you turn off the wifi and use it mainly for calls. The battery life is about average for a modern smartphone. The display is crisp and clear and the camera button is amazing(and required by microsoft.) If you want to take a picture, you just hold the button and up comes the camera, regardless of whether it is locked. Press it again to take a picture. This makes it nice for those quick times you want a camera. The flip open and close maneuver for the keyboard takes a bit getting used to. It's not spring loaded, but it feels sturdy and once you get used to it, you can fling it open and closed with ease.

Don't look past a windows phone cause it's not mainstream. Those of us that have it know we have the best phone OS available. Look at the reviews here and try one out before you let a sprint sales rep tell you people hate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone wp7 is a great os, January 13, 2012
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
the htc arrive is a great first wp7 gen phone. fast, easy to use, great slide out keyboard. and wp7 is a joy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, April 2, 2011
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
this is a great and reliable phone, the os is not as mature as ios, but atleast you dont have to worry about the android fragmentation. the phone is quick and with the nodo update preinstalled you will be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone Overall, March 30, 2011
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I don't' like that they removed the option to set reminders for yourself, similar to outlook tasks. I actually hate that this phone doesn't support that. I didn't know this or I would have thought twice about buying it, but oh well hopefully in the next update they will allow something like that.

Its very fast, responsive and more than anything it's a great looking phone. I have received more than 2 compliments on it since I got, of course that always nice :)

The feature that I like to most is the Camera, the image quality is not DSLR quality obviously but it holds its own, the camcorder has to option to have the flash on while your recording so that came in handy already :).

The people hub is awesome, automatically syncs all your contacts with pictures.

I already had a Zune Pass, Xbox Live and Netflix so making use of these features on the phone was just extras. I don't' play a lot of games but I do love music so the zune pass comes in handy, I can download or play right of there, except for those times that I find a song that is not in there catalog.

A hidden feature that i find really handy and EXCEPTIONAL is the Wireless Sync option. All the music pictures that I want to syn I can just add them to my device and it doesn't have to be connected. Its awesome because if you have videos or music that needs to be converted it will do it over night for you. you don't have to leave your phone plugged in to the comptuer all night, just turn on the wifi and make sure you are in the same network and come the morning all of the stuff is already in there. :) LOVE THAT.

Office and one note are awesome too, i can create notes in my phone and view them on my computer seamlessly :) I normally write down Bible Scriptures from our church sermons so it comes in really handy

There is quite a good selection of apps, I'm not an app kind of guy but I have found myself buying a few good games and apps.

If you're not a geek and just want a phone because it works this phone will work like a charm for you....if you want to be able to change every single option of your phone and make your life more complicated you might be better off with a WM 6.5 or Android phone (been there done that moved on, too much work and time to customize)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very dependable Sprint phone, March 26, 2011
NeatWords.com (Princeton, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This is best smart phone that you can get on Sprint currently. It's battery life is reliable. The web browser is a smooth experience, and all the apps run smoothly. I had Samsung Android phone, and android has so many bugs, and android phones are not reliable. This phone has less features than android, but each feature is better quality. I would recommend this phone to any one who wants to get smartphone. I enjoy the spacings of the keyboard. The Xbox Live gamers are awesome graphics. The speaker of the phone is loud, and is awesome with the zune. The zune supports bluetooth audio which you can listen to in your car without wires!! I think Sprint has an awesome phone, and I will enjoy using it for the next two years.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC ARRIVE WINDOWS PHONE, March 20, 2011
This review is from: HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
IN RESPONSE TO "S. Colon "WOLFBANE" (BROOKLYN, NEW YORK United States) "

This Phone is not out yet and you returned it before the 15 days ???????
come on dude, give up,
windows phone 7 is a very good mobile phone operating system.
its sleek and fast, over 10,000 apps in a few months and more are coming day by day..
i've never owned an android phone, but ive used one . and it was a slow wanna be Iphone.

ARRAY(0xa133d144)

HTC Arrive Windows Phone (Sprint)
Click for more info
Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.