5.0 out of 5 stars A very worthy upgrade.
I have used the original Incredible since it came out one year ago. Loved it always, but had a few drawbacks. Those drawbacks are addressed in the Incredible 2. Screen size is now perfect at 4". I always found the 3.7" display on the original Incredible just a bit small. I find most 4.3" displays just a tad too large for my hands, so this is perfect. The sound quality in...
Published on May 4, 2011 by Michael J. Osherow

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
DESIGN
Overall it's a good sized phone. To me coming from an iPhone, the Incredible 2 has a similar look as the iPhone. The big difference is that the Incredible 2 is a bigger screen. I'm overall impressed with the design. It's sleek and fits well in the hands and pocket. It's not cumbersome like the HTC thunderbolt. I also like that that there is a...
Published on May 19, 2011 by Amazon_reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great device, October 14, 2011
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2 Android Phone, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Droid Incredible 2 is probably the best phone out there, bar the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the iPhone 4S. It is small enough to fit into your hand, while its screen is big enough for you to enjoy the beauty of its super LCD.

* 1.2GHz snapdragon does the job VERY well. very snappy and does not lag whatsoever.
* Battery lasts 2 days. TWO DAYS. Just turn off Wifi whenever you're not home. Turn off 3G when you're not browsing.

Rootable, Cyanogenmod supported, GREAT on calls and texting. Cheap, sturdy, no hardware problems. most reliable 3g phone.

10/10 as for quality/price.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very happy update, July 14, 2011
update this phone is amazing and im i am even happier with it now that i have had it for a few months

i have had this phone for a few weeks after upgrading from a Samsung Rogue...very big difference in technology and in most ways a huge improvement.

my biggest complaint is the touch screen keyboard being so tough even in landscape mode, upright it is impossible...mistake dials & organization so far is not a good time however i love the customization, size & massive storage.

once i am more comfortable with the phone i will update this review...battery life is better than expected depending on what apps you are running.

3.0 out of 5 stars OS just ok, June 3, 2011
When I bought this phone I changed both service and phone. I previously had a Palm Pixi, which I liked, but it had so many limitations due to the lack of phone service. The Incredible 2 has a lot of great features, 2 cameras, tons of apps, etc., but the biggest issue I have is that I am constantly restarting the phone because something isn't working properly. I am disappointed in that, but it's a good phone otherwise. I don't think I would buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Old guys first smart phone, December 12, 2011
F. White (Columbus, OH) - See all my reviews
I'm 50 and this is my first smart phone so I don't have much to compare it too. I went into Verizon and said I wanted a phone that had a good camera, was intuitive had email and rock solid. He recommended the Incredible 2 that had just come out and it's been a breeze. I figured V2 of a succesful phone wasn't a bad thing. Now I'm bluetoothing my cloud music to my hands free car while Skyping for free to my friend in Switzerland. Crazy stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to hold, almost easy to use, November 28, 2011
P. Lech (Fullerton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
We have had this phone since September, replacing my wife's flip phone. I set it up for her, downloaded apps from a list of highly recommended apps I had been saving. First result was that battery life went to 4 hours without any significant use. But, after turning off all the constantly-on/push features, battery life is now two-plus days with moderate use. The navigator and bar-code reading shopping apps are handy. I moved all the Verizon crapware apps to far away screens, as they cannot be deleted. Arranging the apps on the screens is easy, once you figure out that Wigets and apps are essentislly the same, just listed separately.

Data usage: we only have a 2GB data package, and do not watch videos, play games online, etc. We find that most of our usage has been on wi-fi at home or out of the home, so the 2GB limitation is not an issue at all. The phone automatically switches between wi-fi and 3g as needed.

Reception is not as good as the old flip phone, but is still acceptable.

Picture quality is much improved over our older phones.

Wife still has problems operating the phone at times, often getting unintended actions like dialing people, deleting the clock widget on the main screen, etc. but I expect that will improve over time. Some apps (Navigator) are difficult to shut down when you are finished, but I believe that is poor app design, not the DINC2's problem.

I plan on getting this same model as soon as Verizon comes out with their shared data plan as $60 a month seems such a waste for such little use (they first talked about this last May, but it is not available yet.) For me the FM radio and overseas capability are significant bonuses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected, October 7, 2011
Jbro87 "JB" (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
I had the original HTC Incredible and liked it quite a bit, but I was unhappy with the battery life. It's too easy to say the Incredible 2 is the same phone but with a bigger screen and better battery life. While true, the Gingerbread update on Android makes a large difference - the device isn't quite as buggy. Runs very smooth, takes better pictures than the original (both video and stills). To say I am very happy is an understatement. This is my 7th smartphone (had 3 iPhones before) and I thought I would get this phone and start looking for my next phone. The Incredible 2 ended up being that phone. I am that happy with it. Beautiful screen - better battery life - works terrific on my 3G network - no problems to speak of. Good work HTC.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't use HTCSense.com, September 18, 2011
I love the phone, which I've had for two weeks. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars is that one of the features I wanted, HTCSense.com (as written in the Amazon product description), is not supported for the Incredible 2. Product description says

"And you'll be able to pinpoint the location of a lost phone on a map, send a command to make the phone sound an alert--even while on "silent" mode--through the htcsense.com web site. If needed, you can also remotely wipe all of the phone's data with a single command in addition to forwarding calls and text messages to a different number."

I tried unsuccessfully to set up this feature on the HTCSense web site, but could not make it work. I finally contacted HTC support, and they emailed this to me: "Unfortunately HTCSense.com services and features are not compatible with the Incredible 2. When signing up for an HTCSense.com account the option for an Incredible 2 will not available."

Too bad I didn't know this before I bought the phone - I would have selected a different one. If not for that, I'd rate it higher.

3.0 out of 5 stars NIce Phone...that can have big problems, August 18, 2011
Received the phone less than a week ago. It is my first smartphone. I found it easy to use compared to my husband's Droid 2. It has a nice slim design and is light compared to other phones on the market. It has a sharp clear and brilliant screen. Typing is suprisingly easy on the soft touch keypad. Mostly because of the auto type correction. Now for the CONS. It has a short battery life. It lasts no longer than 12 hours. If you sync the phone with your FB account and your "Friend" has their phone # starting with a 1, i.e. 1-000-000-0000. It will NEVER let you send them a text message without sending you an error code 34. Some apps automatically make you do a force close when opening or deleting an app. In my case, I was removing it. The force close came up, but wouldn't let me close it. I even removed the battery. I called Verizon, as well as, hTC. I now have to send the phone back. This can not be repaired. Overall, it has the potential of being a very nice phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its name once again!, August 3, 2011
I've owned the original Incredible since December of 2010, and I absolutely loved it and I told myself, I would never leave HTC. I debated between the Droid 3 and the Inc2 for about 2 months before coming back to HTC, and I am so glad I chose this phone! Its really fast for a single core processor, and it has GINGERBREAD!! Something the Incredible is never going to get. I love the front facing camera, its a really good quality for 1.3 megapixels. I love the casing, its aluminum instead of plastic. And I love how the 4 buttons (home, menu, back and search) are invisible with the screen off. The LED is so much brighter than the original Incredible, and the speaker is amazing. It even has a set of noise canceling microphones! It has the newest version of HTC Sense, and it even packed in a set of picture effects other than the standard Negative, Aqua, Sepia ect.. and overall, I'm pleased with the camera quality! Listening to music, I'm happy with the sound quality.. it even comes with an equilizer! It comes with a 16 gig sd card and thats a huge plus for me! I love the new widgets Gingerbread came with. The battery will drain fairly quickly if you don't know how to handle apps. I love this phone and I would tell anyone to get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin and light. Almost an iPhone replacement, July 18, 2011
I lost my Samsung Galaxy phone and I replaced it with the HTC droid incredible 2. At first I was a bit doubtful since I didn't like first Droid Incredible. The second one proven to be a lot thinner and lighter. It is single core but it is responsive. I also bough a Samsung 10.1 Galaxy tablet. I can use the same app on both the tablet and the phone. The phone is as smooth as the tablet. Furthermore, Amazon's price is INCREDIBLE. There is no other sellers or phone can beat Amazon. HTC Sense is also good although I prefer the plain android interface.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›