5.0 out of 5 stars A very worthy upgrade.
I have used the original Incredible since it came out one year ago. Loved it always, but had a few drawbacks. Those drawbacks are addressed in the Incredible 2. Screen size is now perfect at 4". I always found the 3.7" display on the original Incredible just a bit small. I find most 4.3" displays just a tad too large for my hands, so this is perfect. The sound quality in...
Published on May 4, 2011 by Michael J. Osherow

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
DESIGN
Overall it's a good sized phone. To me coming from an iPhone, the Incredible 2 has a similar look as the iPhone. The big difference is that the Incredible 2 is a bigger screen. I'm overall impressed with the design. It's sleek and fits well in the hands and pocket. It's not cumbersome like the HTC thunderbolt. I also like that that there is a...
Published on May 19, 2011 by Amazon_reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 59 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery lasts 4 hours of non-use!, July 5, 2011
Annabanana (Boise, ID United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2 Android Phone, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Love the phone concept, but after a full 24 hour charge, it's dead 4 hours after taking it off the charger. I rec'd one call that went to voice mail during that time, otherwise haven't used it. Went from full charge icon to yellow in this short time. I have to take my charger everywhere and keep it plugged in wherever I go. Would love to actually use this phone, but so far cannot do anything but the very basics due to poor battery life. I gave it 2 stars as the phone itself is wonderful.....if I could only use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Phone Doesn't Deserve One Star, April 3, 2012
First the good. The phone is a good size, just a little larger than the iPhone, but still not too large as to make holding it in your hand uncomfortable as are the huge 4G phones. The four inch screen is plenty big enough (I came from an iPhone and the extra territory is noticeable) and the Sense overlay really makes navigating around the Android OS a much better experience.

Now the bad. The hardware is not well made. Battery life is mediocre, better than the 4G phones, but much worse than the iPhones. I can get through one day of medium use, but on my previous iPhone I didn't have to charge it for two or three days with medium use. Because the back comes off the phone doesn't have a solid feel to it. There is some give with the back casing and it makes the phone feel less substantial. For some reason this phone has a tendency to kill sd cards, so you need to keep every thing backed up.

Another hardware problem widely reported on the forums and one I have experienced with my phone is the disappearing power button. Over time it slowly sinks down into the case so that it's no longer useable. Mine is almost level now with the top of the case. I called Verizon customer service about it and they told me it wasn't a problem, but a design feature of the phone. Huh?

The screen also tends to trap dust beneath it. Again, this is a problem widely reported on the boards and one which Verizon won't do anything about. I've noticed dust in the bottom left corner of my screen, but so far it hasn't affected my being able to view anything.

The biggest problem this phone has and most other HTC phones is the poor antenna placement. HTC tends to put the antenna in the back cover of the phone where it's prone to the death grip made famous by the iPhone 4. Reception is horrible with this phone. You can lay it down and watch the bars fluctuate from full to none. It seems whenever you answer a call the bars drop from 4 or 5 to one or 1x and the result is a garbled voice on the other end. There is a frequent echo too. I have had more dropped calls with this phone in my house, where I receive a full signal, than with any phone I have ever owned. If you get in a weak or fringe area then forget it, you won't have a signal at all. When I'm in weak areas on business trips my colleagues will show two to three bars on their phones and I will either have none or else it will vacillate between none and 1 bar and run the battery down. I called Verizon customer service and they acted like they had never had anybody complain about reception. All they need to do is a search on the internet and they will find plenty of complaints about reception with this phone, including on their own support boards. HTC at least acknowledges the problem and says they are working on it, but they have been saying this going back to the original Incredible two years ago.

In summary, this phone has a lot of promise, but falls way short on delivering. It is plagued with problems and with Verizon's poor customer support if you buy this phone you are assured of an aggravating experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone, but..., October 23, 2011
I love the Incredible 2. I find myself using it all the time. I do a lot of useful work related stuff on it and I read the news, play games, and watch movies with it. I like the fact that it has a GSM-SIM card for international use and if you buy an App from Amazon, it also installs at no extra charge on your other Android devices - like my Motorola Xoom tablet. Instead of going through the great things it does, I thought I would mention a couple of the things that are less than ideal.

The battery doesn't last through the day, especially if I use Bluetooth and/or GPS. I bought an extended battery with cover on Amazon for about $20 and the problem is resolved. - Try that Iphone users!

I use almost 3 gigabytes of data per month and that is bound to go up now that I have Netflix streaming on it. This isn't really a problem because I got it in time to get the no longer available Verizon unlimited data plan. New users will likely find the lack of unlimited data to be a problem.

I was planning on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth tethering it to my Xoom for use at hotels and in the car. It turns out the Bluetooth is purposely crippled so it won't do a Bluetooth tether. I don't have the knowledge or nerve to root the phone (and/or the Xoom) to make it work. USB tethering would be difficult and inconvenient if it worked, but it doesn't. You can pay Verizon $20 a month for WiFi tethering, but that drops you down to the 2 gigabyte limit and who wants to pay $240 per year plus overages.

The phone is 3G only. Fast enough for the phone; Probably fast enough for a Xoom, but slow for tethering to a computer. Maybe someday an Incredible 3 will be 4G, but the 2 Gigabyte limit will be eaten up even faster.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., July 12, 2011
G (Suwanee, GA United States) - See all my reviews
Pros:
-fast processor
-good camera
-4 inch screen is right size. Anything bigger uses too much battery, anything smaller would be hard to read.
-Sense UI is so much better than Motoblur.

Cons:
-Verizon Bloatware you can't delete.
-No Physical mute button. Actually no Android phone has one, but when you are on 20+ person conference calls the ability to go on/off mute quickly is important.
-screen is slightly inset, the edges stick up.
-speaker phone is not quite as good sounding as my old HTC Eris.

This is a good phone with a few minor issues.

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant star in the android universe., June 22, 2011
So I got this phone after making a paper weight out of my Droid X, and from day one it has been a joy to have. The second generation 1Ghz(Qualcomm MSM8655 Snapdragon processor) processor powering this beast keeps up all the multitasking and work flowing like a river. Its accompanied by a hefty 768mb of ram which keeps everything running smoothly. The front and back facing cameras are there for all your moments you want to record or snap with a flurry of options and editing tools to use. HTC sense ( HTC's costume skin atop android 2.2.1) is a nice feature, but some might prefer a stock android experience. The lack of 4G might make you sad, but one bonus you get with not having 4G is a better battery life. The screen is crisp and beautiful and vibrant with excellent viewing angles, and it's also extremely responsive. One really negative thing I have to say is all the bloat ware on the phone. A total of 15 apps are there that you cant remove which is a real shame. Other than that blemish Id have to say that the Droid Incredible 2 is a solid 3G phone and one of the best 3G phones on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the phone, June 19, 2011
I bought this phone from wirefly.com for $1.99. Its been sold by amazon for $0.00. If you buy it from verizon.com they charge you $199.99 for the phone. Anyways, I got a free activation when i switched to verizon from Att. The phone is really nice. 3G works well on this phone.
Pros: voice recognition, smooth pinch zoom in and out, looks good just like an iphone from the front, rear and front camera(however i have not found any way of using the front camera as no app supports it right now but am sure they will be coming up with some app soon where one can use the front camera.)
Cons: Using 3G uses alot of battery and you might have charge your phone twice a day if you use the phone alot(using more of the wifi when available shud eliminate the problem just a bit). i think the camera out is not as good as the iphone( but not by much). Still i would give the phone a 5 star because its a great smartphone for a great price value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and works just like new, June 23, 2014
I bought this used HTC Droid Incredible 2 as a replacement for an HTC Droid Incredible. I figured for the price I could not go wrong, and I didn't. The item came as described and has worked properly. It looks brand new. The only comment I have is that USPS is called "snail mail" for a reason. I received the item on the afternoon of the last day within the delivery time frame. My orders by other delivery services are usually delivered within 3-4 business days.The only negative is not the fault of the seller, as they shipped same day, so I can't dock them. Certainly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best phones for the money!, December 17, 2013
These things are going for 50 bucks used on Ebay, that can't be beat. Of all the features this phone has, including FM radio (which works with earbuds or a headset only as it uses the headset wire for the antenna) the camera on this thing is mind boggling. I have a 1000 dollar EOS Rebel DSLR camera. This phone takes clearer photos than that camera does! Now, it's not great for moving objects of course the DSLR has it beat there, but for stationary objects, oh yea. In fact, when I was taking photos to have them put on mugs and Tshirts last xmas, I used this phone, and not the DSLR camera, to take the pictures. They are crisper with this phone, by far. No, it's not the fastest phone on the planet, but it's plenty good enough. Call quality is great, speaker sound is definitely adequate and bluetooth range, for some reason, is ridiculous. I could walk all over my house with my earpiece and not lose the call. With my LG phone, if I'm more than 10 or so feet, the call drops. I use it like a cordless phone in my house, keep the phone centered in the house and I can go anywhere with just the earpiece and take calls at any time. The one complaint I have is that, on Straight Talk, it could only get 2G speeds, which was fast enough for Pandora streaming in the car, but not for streaming video. It plays videos just fine, but it takes a while to load them if you're not using wifi. With wifi, it's fast as heck. It takes a long time to reboot or to start if you turn it off, but it's not a biggie, really. This phone definitely works with straight talk, just get a SIM card compatible with Verizon (CDMA) and you'll be good to go! The screen is super clear and responds perfectly to all touch inputs. For 50 bucks, absolutely can't be beat. You will enjoy this purchase. It's not the best at anything (except maybe that camera) but it's really decent at everything.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not reliable, May 1, 2013
KimmyDawn (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
I have already replaced my Incredible 2 through Verizon's insurance program, which I pay extra for but never will again after that experience. That's a separate issue though. Having already replaced it for software issues, you'd think it would at least last until the end of my 2-year agreement. No such luck. 16 months after signing an agreement on my original Incredible 2, and only 6 months after replacing it, my facebook app constantly force closes on me, and now the entire phone has begun shutting off on its own and will not start again until I remove the battery for a minute.

Also, being that this phone does not have the same name recognition as, say, the Galaxy S3, Google seems to have forgotten it altogether. No more updates. A phone that was a brand new model 18 months ago (and which I've paid good money for) is now a dinosaur. Save your money and wait for the Galaxy S4.

2.0 out of 5 stars hot spot very limited, July 1, 2012
stephen wilkes (wolfeboro, nh USA) - See all my reviews
i've had the incredible for 5 months, and have needed the hotspot
for my net connections on my laptop.
this is nearly useless and i have dropped cable net service in fla
and nh.
this is like tel-based dialup service of years back.
for example, it frequently takes so long to load that i give up and
try s.t.else.
for six weeks i have not been able to get to amazon mps songs.
to sample or to buy. it just never loads. 30 mins plus.
i would never have signed a twoyear contract if i had known of such
limitations.
i have been to vrz-w stores and called their tech with NO IMPROVEMENTS.
DON'T BUY THIS DROID IF YOU NEED FAST CONNECTIONS.
SW