5.0 out of 5 stars A very worthy upgrade.
I have used the original Incredible since it came out one year ago. Loved it always, but had a few drawbacks. Those drawbacks are addressed in the Incredible 2. Screen size is now perfect at 4". I always found the 3.7" display on the original Incredible just a bit small. I find most 4.3" displays just a tad too large for my hands, so this is perfect. The sound quality in...
Published on May 4, 2011 by Michael J. Osherow

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
DESIGN
Overall it's a good sized phone. To me coming from an iPhone, the Incredible 2 has a similar look as the iPhone. The big difference is that the Incredible 2 is a bigger screen. I'm overall impressed with the design. It's sleek and fits well in the hands and pocket. It's not cumbersome like the HTC thunderbolt. I also like that that there is a...
Published on May 19, 2011 by Amazon_reviews

‹ Previous | 14 5 69 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars hot spot very limited, July 1, 2012
stephen wilkes (wolfeboro, nh USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE 2 Android Phone, Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
i've had the incredible for 5 months, and have needed the hotspot
for my net connections on my laptop.
this is nearly useless and i have dropped cable net service in fla
and nh.
this is like tel-based dialup service of years back.
for example, it frequently takes so long to load that i give up and
try s.t.else.
for six weeks i have not been able to get to amazon mps songs.
to sample or to buy. it just never loads. 30 mins plus.
i would never have signed a twoyear contract if i had known of such
limitations.
i have been to vrz-w stores and called their tech with NO IMPROVEMENTS.
DON'T BUY THIS DROID IF YOU NEED FAST CONNECTIONS.
SW

4.0 out of 5 stars WELL PLEASED!, February 15, 2012
First, let me say this about Android, I wasn't a big fan because my wife had one and it SUCKED, but I took the chance anyway due to all the decent reviews about it, plus me being too cheap to buy an iphone for $200, (which my wife & daughter both upgraded too), especially when I could get a phone for $.01 and does most of the same things as the almighty iphone. Also my blackberry battery died on me 3 months prior to my upgrade and I refuse to pay 30 bucks for a battery to a phone I got for free!

The Android Incredible 2 Phone is great, apps work fine (a lot of quality free ones), battery is pretty good despite all that I hear about it, (I get 10-15 hours of use per day, depending on my usage), but buy the extended battery if you feel necessary. I don't think so for me, but everybody is different. Easy setup. I'm somewhat of a heavy user, when on the road, because I'm an angry bird addict, plus I check emails a lot and the calls are very clear as well. Just be sure to get a case for it, while it seems sturdy, I would play it safe. Nice size screen 4 inches, so be sure to get you a screen protector, because you'll be using the touch screen a lot. Funny thing is that the picture is clear even with all the finger prints all over it. The 3G and wifi works pretty good, I'm still under my old unlimited data package, because I watch Netflix and Youtube every now and then. Also the weather widget is an awesome added piece.

I'm not into all the techy stuff, when it comes to smart phones, just work as far as calls, internet, emails and I'm a happy camper! I mean hey, I wasn't looking for all this from a phone I only paid a penny for through my upgrade, but I got a great steal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a transition from basic phones., February 15, 2012
This phone was my first smartphone. I've had it for a little more than two months, and I have to say that I couldn't be happier with it. It's fast, easy to use, and the camera on it is excellent.

I use my phones primarily for text messaging, and I was initially wary about transitioning to a phone that only had a touch screen keyboard instead of actual buttons. However, my fears were unfounded. While the touch screen took some getting used to, I caught the hang of it relatively quickly. The sensitive keys and really good autocorrect helps out a lot.

One drawback I have noticed about this phone, though, is the volume settings. No matter how low you set it, it still remains very LOUD. I'm honestly curious to if it even is really lowering the volume at all, because I've had it on the lowest setting before and I can still hear it all the way through my apartment.

Additionally, the vibrate setting is completely useless. I can never feel it vibrate in my pocket, regardless of whether I'm wearing sweats or jeans or whatever. I may as well just have the alerts turned off completely. If the vibrate function is something you heavily rely on, you may be unhappy with this feature.

All in all, though, this is a great phone that I would recommend to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars incredible 2, February 7, 2012
I had this phone for about 6 months. it is a great phone for a first time android user. The battery life is great, and the phone is pretty fast. It is light and has an awesome screen. With that being said, there are a few disappointments. 1st is that the phone is less then a year old and is not getting android 4.0. Also there is not many differences between the incredible 2 and the original incredible. The two major differences are the screen size (4 inch on the incredible 2, 3.7 inch display on the first incredible) And a front facing camera. I am disapointed that htc did not at least give it a dual core processor or 4g LTE. Overall it is a good phone, but I ended up getting a razr for my birthday and it is amazing!

2.0 out of 5 stars The experience of owning this phone, February 3, 2012
This phone was a replacement for my rotten Droid X. Verizon service and support has been medoicre.

Day 1. Activation was a nightmare. 2.5 hrs on the phone to overcome the pitiful instructions that came with the phone (It's just 3 steps..."). The phone would just not activate. Incredibly difficult to pry the phone open (the entire back cover has to come off) to reseat the battery.

Day 2. Perfect axial symmetry of phone case is a problem. You don't know if it's upside down or right side up (in your pocket or not), and you lose time while it rings trying to locate the On button. The On button is miniscule, worked into a seam, and hard to depress; and even though that was intentional to prevent you from turning it on, I pull it out of my pocket sometimes and it's already on. The phone interface of the phonebook is non-intuitive and irritating. The case is also slippery and radiused everywhere, making it hard to hold while pressing buttons. When it begins to slip out of your hand, you grab it tighter and your finger touches the screen; clicking an onscreen button, or opening an app you didn't want, or hangingin up your phonecall...

Day 3. The phone dials a 20 minute phonecall from my pocket and becomes very warm. I don't realize a call is occuring because the phone's active state is virtually impossible to detect. I call Verizon for assistance and the mouthpiece doesn't work (I can hear them, they can't hear me), etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing phone for CyanogenMod!!!!, December 22, 2011
Jack Rosenthal (Steamboat Springs, Colorado, US) - See all my reviews
Pros:
*Really easy to S-OFF and install CyanogenMod
*Gets a really nice score on BenchmarkPi (~1100 with CM7)
*Lightweight
*Dirt cheap
Cons:
*hboot 0.98 can't run revolutionary to s-off without downgrading form 2.3.4 to 2.3.3
*Stock rom sucks
Other notes:
You can find out how to downgrade hboot on xda developers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone but with one issue, December 6, 2011
I've been using an HTC Dinc 2 for about 5 months now, overall very happy with it. I've had almost no technical issues, none worth mentioning really. The phone is very comfortable to hold, I like that the case has a little bit of a textured feel to it, makes it a little easier to keep a grip on. The only complaint I have about the phone is that the speaker phone volume is poor, not loud enough to be usable in most environments.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing phone, November 23, 2011
Just got this phone on Saturday and I do have to say coming from a three year old Blackberry I am impressed. The screen is so much brighter and larger than even my iTouch 4g and pictures are easier to see. I will agree with others on here that the battery life leaves much to be desired, but I think it might have to do more with the wireless and how many app's are running than the battery itself. I did get an app called android booster that monitors battery use and shuts down apps that are running the battery down, seems to work well.

Pro's: Picture, sound, design
Con's: Battery life (the wireless just drains it like crazy)

Revised 12/10: Almost, but barely a month in I am starting to notice that the phone does have some habits, the wireless seems to drain the battery like crazy even when the phone is "sleeping" and it also shuts itself down if the battery has been charging for too long. I left it plugged in overnight and woke up to it fast asleep and I had to reboot it. Also when I am trying to dial a number or even hang up, the phone's screen will go black, and I have to hit the home button to get the phone to light up again. I realize I have the screen timer set for one minute, but only because I don't want it to bump against something in my purse and call 911 by accident or something.

Other than that, the phone works well, but it is still a step by step learning process for me.

Edit: 12/21:
Did the system update from Verizon yesterday and the battery seems to be lasting longer than before, regardless if the wifi is on or not. Have used it off and on since last night and it's at 80% or so, which is a huge improvement from before. Certain app's I cannot turn off or remove, which seems to be a common issue, but they can be ignored so it's no biggie. Also the signal has improved, where I got no bars before (I am in a big city, so the no bars thing, was just odd) I get two or three now which is an improvement.

Verizon itself, well be prepaired for sticker shock when you get your first bill, I have unlimited and had 5GB data (I have 2GB now because I realized I don't use that much data "on the road" and when I'm home I have my wireless) and I purchased a special
case/screen protector for it from the Verizon online store. My first bill was $251 and no change, including acitivation, taxes, days used until my first billing cycle started and the month of my billing cycle. I wasn't suprised by how expensive it was, but I just thought I'd say something because some others have commented on this as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone for a great price!, November 15, 2011
While I may not be the most technological savvy person, I have had enough bad cellphones to know that the Incredible 2 is simply wonderful. I researched phones a lot when I made this purchase, because I've been stuck with awful phones in the past. It was between this phone, and the iPhone. After reading several reviews and looking at all the specs, the major determining factor came down to the price. At the time that I bought this phone, it was $80 on Amazon, while the iPhone would have been $160 after my "New Every Two" discount on Verizon. And now that this phone is pretty much free, I don't think there should be any question. The Incredible 2 is NOT an iPhone, but it has enough similarities to make it a worthy competitor if price is a factor in your decision making.

That being said, my actual experiences with this phone have been close to flawless. The only minor issue I can recall is that the phone restarted itself a bunch of times (about once an hour) one day, but that seemed to be a one-time problem that fixed itself. Without going too much into detail, this phone does what it says it does. My days of getting a seemingly good phone, but then cursing it out when morphs into nothing more than a piece of junk, are over. If you've looked at the CNET reviews and whatnot and are still considering this phone, get it! After over 6 months of owning this phone, I've not once regretted it. I've even convinced two other family members to purchase this phone, and I've come close to swaying others.

Bottom line: Great, solid, stable smart phone, for a terrific value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone!, November 10, 2011
J_man (Irvine, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Since this is my first Android phone, I'll make this short and to the point. I had a Blackberry Storm: WORST PHONE EVER!!! This phone is like a dream compared to the Storm. It's easy to use, pretty intuitive in most cases and just plain works. The Storm was *none* of that. The only negative so far is the Bluetooth dialing. I've used the installed version and a dialer app, and neither of these works very well. That's the *only* thing I can think of that the Storm did better. I've been using the Incredible for about a month now and I love it!

‹ Previous | 14 5 69 | Next ›