- Size (LWH): 5 inches, 2.6 inches, 0.48 inches
- Weight: 6.08 ounces
- Network Compatibility: CDMA
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 300 minutes
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 355 hours
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Exclusively from Sprint, HTC EVO 3D is America's first 4G smartphone with a 4.3 inch 3D QHD (960x540) display that allows users to capture, record and playback in 3D -- without having to wear 3D glasses. With the latest version of the acclaimed HTC Sense user experience and powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), HTC EVO 3D is ideal for users who want to both stream video and generate their own video experience to record life's moments, view them in 3D and share them easily. Users can quickly download movies, create user generated content and enjoy a Flash-enabled web browsing experience using the speed of the 3G/4G network and the power a 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. HTC EVO 3D takes full advantage of Sprint's powerful 4G network and offers the innovation one would expect as the next benchmark device in the prestigious EVO product line.
A large, vibrant 4.3-inch display makes it easy to watch videos. View larger
Packed full of powerful mobile communication and multimedia features, the HTC EVO 3D has a large, vibrant 4.3 inch display for easy viewing of videos--from Sprint TV programming to HD or 3D movies captured on the dual 5-megapixel auto-focus cameras. It's powered by a screaming fast 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and Google's Android 2.3 operating system. With integrated Google technology, the HTC EVO 3D brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa. The HTC EVO 3D also provides easy access to both personal and corporate email, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail.
Capture, record, playback and stream video -- all in 3D. View larger
And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day. The HTC EVO 3D also includes HTC Sense, a user interface overlay from HTC that makes it easy for you to create an individualized mobile experience tailored specifically to your needs.
The forward-facing 1.3-megapixel camera makes it easy to have video calls using the two-way voice and video service from Qik (upgraded account service required), while the dual 5.0-megapixel cameras make it a snap to capture and record 2D and 3D images and video to share with family, friends, and colleagues.
And with built-in mobile hotspot functionality, the HTC EVO 3D also allows up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices--including laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device--to enjoy the benefits of 4G speeds on the go. Other features include music downloads from the Amazon MP3 Store, 1 GB of internal memory with microSD memory expansion (optional 32 GB cards supported), Adobe Flash support, and HDMI audio/video output.
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network--Now with 3D
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving the HTC EVO 3D the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. And with the added power of 3D, there are countless new ways to get the most out of your phone:
In addition to a 1.3MP front-facing camera, dual 5MP cameras allow for 3D recording. View larger
- 4.3-inch 3D QHD (960x540) display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- Dual 5 megapixel cameras, to capture 3D video and images and a 1.3MP front-facing camera, that together open up a new frontier for user generated content, social networking and streaming video
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device
- Powered by the Android 2.3 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market
- Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk, Gmail, YouTube , and syncing with Google Calenda
- Access to Google Goggles to search with pictures instead of words. It works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels
- Updated HTC Sense user experience includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates
- 1.2 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- Download, edit and share HD-quality content directly from the device
- Access to 3D version of Blockbuster OnDemand app with access to 2D and 3D movies, TV shows and games for rent or purchase and download
- Video chat service available as an upgrade to the pre-loaded Qik app to enable conversational, interactive, real-time sharing between mobile devices or from mobile-to-desktop
- Capture video in HD quality, 2D/3D at 720p
- Output HD content to a compatible TV using DLNA or MHL TV-out (requires MHL-to-HDMI adapter)
- Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Sprint applications including Sprint Zone, Sprint TV & Movies, Sprint Football Live, Sprint Navigation, and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile
- Stereo Bluetooth
The HTC EVO 3D weighs 6 ounces and measures 5.0 x 2.6 x 0.48 inches. It provides 1 GB of internal memory and supports microSD cards up to 32GB. It comes with a large-capacity, 1730 mAh lithium-ion battery. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.What's in the Box
HTC EVO 3D handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual
GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including the NFL Network, ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply)
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
Switching between 3G and 4G coverage
Browser app connection warning
Mail app connection warning
When switching between 3G and 4G coverage, the HTC EVO 4G may experience a very brief interruption of data service as the device switches network connections. During this brief interruption, applications attempting to access data may be unable to do so and may display an error message. Below are some examples of how to proceed if an error message appears on the device. Other data-usage applications may experience a very brief interruption and will continue functioning once the network handoff is complete.
Also Available for this Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
Top Customer Reviews
Note: Be aware that I will also be mentioning the EVO 4G frequently throughout this review, so be sure to pay attention and not confuse the two.
Let's quickly look at what's new. Here are my pros (+) and cons (-). More in-depth coverage follows:
+ 3D glasses-free display - simply reciting the obvious here!
+ Dual 5 megapixel rear cameras - photos and videos shot in 3D can also be viewed in 2D!
+ Dedicated physical camera button - with two pressure levels, like a real camera
+ qHD display - ultrafine, high quality graphics at 540x960 screen resolution
+ Dual core Snapdragon processor - hasn't freezed up on me once!Read more ›
- Battery management included in the software (explanation included in summary)
- Application / Memory management included in the software (explanation included in summary)
- QHD screen which displays full web pages equal to a PC
- Build quality
- 800mhz frequency added to this phones radio
- The 3d works which makes it more than a gimmick
- Would prefer more internal storage.
- High resolution display makes the icons smaller which you may not like coming from a phone with a lower resolution display because it may strain your eyes.
- Not full root capable at this time but HTC is working on it (so are the XDA developers)
Summary: Summary of the Pros:
I have always been a fan of HTC sense and its widgets. This version provides a user experience like no other. There are days were I like to position or day trade in the stock market and the HTC stock widget app is great for monitoring stocks' current trading price and it includes charts. I also make use of the HTC calendar for scheduling my appointments with clients. It is beautiful to look at and it works well.There is a battery management system included (go to menu,settings then power...) to enable power efficiency or power saving profiles that you can tweak to your needs. I like this because it eliminates the need to install a third party app. When you pull down the drawer from the top of the screen and touch "quick settings" at the bottom, there is an option that reads, "total memory".Touch "total memory" to open a list of currently running programs which you can move to the sd card...Read more ›
UPDATED Call Quality 6/25
USEFUL TIP: Want to find more 3D content for your EVO 3D? Use the Youtube app on the phone and search for: yt3d:enable=true.
This will provide you with a ton of 3D content! There are also some apps in the marketplace to allow you to download these videos to show friends when WIFI is not available.
The EVO 3D was a phone I was originally on the fence about purchasing. After all, I loved my HTC EVO 4G and was happy with its performance. I debated about whether this phone was really worth the extra cash simply for the sake of having the newest iteration on the market. My review that follows is my initial thoughts on the phone, particularly in comparison to the previous EVO 4G. If you have a question about the phone, want to see a picture, or want me to test a specific feature; simply post a comment and I will do my best to facilitate your request and answer any questions.
On the Outside:
The EVO 3D, in my opinion is striking in its general design and form. The black with red accenting looks great and the phone itself feels study, without being heavier (now 6 ounces) than the EVO 4g. The glass is the ultra-scratch-resistant gorilla glass, or a substance VERY much akin. The phone feels slightly more thin and narrow than its predecessor, ultimately making it more comfortable to hold, while the somewhat rough texture on its back provides a nice grip surface. When I first saw pictures of the phone, I thought it was less attractive than the original EVO. Now that I have the real deal physically in my hand I think it may be the most attractive phone I have seen to date (if you are in to that sort of thing).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had nothing but problems with this phone. I have had this phone for over a year and have never been happy with it. Battery life is nil. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Katelyn Collier
High cost performance, the performance is very satisfied, metal shell, feels very good. Clear the screen is very responsive, just bought two days, is still in adaptation, perfect a... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Zach Reginia
It is a very useful and very conveniented application, recommend to you, if you like can also recommend to friends, tooPublished 7 months ago by Tiffaney Evelyn
Gladly because I also have a mart that I like very much！the interface is simple, and play it is also very interestingPublished 7 months ago by Voyer Zottola
I used it for some time already, feel this it is pretty good rather than other,my some friends all like it ！Published 7 months ago by Yamauchi Jayna
I Like it very much, it is simple, also very practical, with my friends all have said is very good !Published 7 months ago by Werderman Zarco
First one sent out wouldn't even activate, second one sent out barely even works, constantly turns it self off and on.Published 8 months ago by keri miller