Exclusively from Sprint, HTC EVO 3D is America's first 4G smartphone with a 4.3-inch 3D QHD (960 x 540) display that allows users to capture, record and playback in 3D--without having to wear 3D glasses. With the latest version of the acclaimed HTC Sense user experience and powered by Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), the HTC EVO 3D is ideal for users who want to both stream video and generate their own video experience to record life's moments, view them in 3D and share them easily.
A large, vibrant 4.3-inch display makes it easy to watch videos (see larger image).
Personalize your phone with
HTC EVO 3D 4G
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G connectivity
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.3-inch 3D qHD touchscreen
- 8 GB microSD card
- Dual 5-MP cameras for 3D capture
- 1.3-MP front camera
- Up to Full HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
It runs on Sprint's expanding 4G network, offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity and download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, the phone can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G network (learn more about Sprint's 4G network below). The phone also includes Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking plus Mobile Hotspot capability for sharing your 3G/4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously.
This phone boasts dual 5-megapixel auto-focus cameras on the rear that can capture stunning Full HD 1080p video in 2D as well as 3D video at HD 720p. You can view HD content on a compatible HDTV via DLNA wireless streaming.
Packed full of powerful mobile communication and multimedia features, the HTC EVO 3D has a large, vibrant 4.3 inch display for easy viewing of videos--from Sprint TV programming to HD or 3D movies captured on the dual 5-megapixel cameras . It's also powered by a screaming fast 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
The forward-facing 1.3-megapixel camera makes it easy to have video calls using the two-way voice and video service from Qik (upgraded account service required). Video chat service is available as an upgrade to the pre-loaded Qik app to enable conversational, interactive, real-time sharing between mobile devices or from mobile-to-desktop.
The Web browser along with Sprint 4G speed delivers a full, no-compromise Internet experience. Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen. Pinch-to-zoom and automatic text reflowing provide easy Web page views.
In addition to the Android OS, the HTC EVO 3D includes HTC Sense, a user interface overlay from HTC that makes it easy for you to create an individualized mobile experience tailored specifically to your needs.
Other features include 4 GB of internal memory with pre-loaded 8 GB microSD memory card (optional 32 GB cards supported), HDMI audio/video output, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for navigation via built-in Google Maps and location-based services (plus access to the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn service), personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
HTC Sense Experience
Boasting the latest HTC Sense experience, the EVO 3D features a customizable active lockscreen that transforms the lockscreen into a real-time window to the most important information and content, such as social updates, photos, weather, or stock updates that are viewed by simply waking up the display.
The Personalize button gives you access to all the stuff that makes the HTC Sense device truly yours--widgets, apps, Sound sets, and more. New options include skins, Sound sets, and live lock screen personalization.
See all your e-mail accounts in one place--no more switching between accounts. Just tap the bar that shows the current email account, and then tap All accounts. Your e-mail messages are color-coded so you can easily distinguish which e-mail accounts they belong to. You can also choose to view accounts individually.
Capture, record, playback and stream video--all in 3D (black model shown; see larger image).
With the People widget, you always know what your friends are up to. The widget lets you choose a group of contacts, and then you can see what that group is up to right on your home screen. The widget not only shows you each friend’s photo but also their latest social network status and any missed calls or SMS messages from them.
You can also access visual voicemail through Phone or Messages. Use the slider bar to go back and forth in a message .
The HTC EVO 3D weighs 6 ounces and measures 5.0 x 2.6 x 0.48 inches. It provides 1 GB of internal memory and supports microSD cards up to 32GB. It comes with a large-capacity, 1730 mAh lithium-ion battery. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
HTC EVO 3D handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving this mobile phone the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today. As of August 2011, Sprint offers 4G service in 71 markets in 28 states.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The HTC EVO 3D 4G runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The EVO 3D also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views (also compatible with optional Sprint Navigation service).
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as mobile e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work
- 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- MicroUSB port
- HDMI output
- Removable battery
- 8 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 4 GB internal memory
- 1 GB of RAM
- Dual 5-megapixel cameras to capture 3D video and images.
- 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chats.
- 3D video capture at HD 720p
- Full HD 1080p video capture in 2D
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, H.264, H.263
- DLNA compatibility allows you to stream media content from the phone to any other DLNA-certified device as well as play a file from a server on your phone.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.