5.0 out of 5 stars One Amazing Machine
I've been anticipating the launch of this phone for what seems like forever now, and I can now say that it was entirely worth the wait. Unfortunately, I myself am not yet up for an upgrade, but my husband was - so I opted to take full advantage of the situation, and we pre-ordered the LTE the day it became available. Thanks to a customs delay, it arrived a few days...
Published 23 months ago by BayouRose

3.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad, and the ugly.
If you don't read anything else in this review, read "The Ugly" section. Some of the problems with this phone are important to cover, and may be a dealbreaker for many. I've had this phone for a month now, and I want to share my thoughts. The device has some really fantastic features that I absolutely love. It also has some serious knocks against it that really drag the...
Published 20 months ago by Everyone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars That darn good, July 9, 2012
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
On the surface, this phone is well worth the price out of the box (as is the case for my wife), but me being the techy I am I couldn't wait to root and install a custom ROM on this phone. I have a 64gb memory card installed, movies, music and comic books (nerd paradise). I am also able to use my IP sniffer, as well as a cadre of networking tools from this phone. I was able to shoot, edit and add music (all on the phone) on video complete with titling sequence. The addition of an HDMI cabling further add value to this device. I know there are those who will compare this to the Samsung Galaxy S3, but if you're going to do that, really do a side by side comparison (or end up paying a restock fee, lol). This phone is great...funny, I haven't even mentioned the phone functions yet. Excellent call quality and this is all still on a 3G network (4G to be installed in 1st/2nd quarter of 2013). Video calling is great with the software correct feature. I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Better Than Expected!!, June 20, 2012
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phone for a little over 2 weeks now and it just keeps impressing me. Im not going to go on and on about every single detail that makes this phone the best out there because everyone else has pretty much done that. Most of the negatives are sprints lack of 4glte. That doesnt effect me. I had the first evo and I never had 4g in my area. Its simple though, do some research before you buy a new phone. If you have a good 4g signal where you use your phone then do not upgrade to a 4glte phone yet because all you will have is 3g until sprint rolls out the new 4g. My ablsoulute favorite thing about this evo is you can actually run live wallpapers, do multiple things and still have decent battery life and the phone will do it all effortlessly without getting real hot and still remains super smooth and fast without a bit of hesitation. The first gen evo was supposed to do all that but was kind of a dissapointment. I was going to wait for the galaxy s3, but once I saw and felt the build quality on this evo lte, I didnt want to wait for the samsung just to find out it looks and feels just as cheap as the galaxy s2. That was my main complaint with the galaxy, it just feels like a toy. Hopefully all the people waiting for the galaxy s3 understand that they will not have 4g either for another 6 months. Every time I pull this phone out to use it, I cant help but just stare at it because it is so bright, crisp and clear. Best phone out right now hands down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone!! Love it, June 8, 2012
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is amazing, it has everything you love from the OG Evo and more. one of the most surprising thing that this phone has is the multitasking card layout almost like the WebOS has. Battery life is decent. If your not sure about this phone do yourself a favor and get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really extraordinary....., June 7, 2012
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Well I had the original evo and I loved it so I couldn't wait to get this one. I was partial to the back of the phone but its cool besides I got a case for it and the phone is thinner than the original. I love this phone and all the features. I love the updated HTC music player it looked like there was more thought put into it it does need a little more tweaking for better navigation but its good. I love how easy it is to go back to recent apps I also love the new camera functions. I also love the skins I hope they add more. Overall it was a well thought out device. ICS and sense work very nicely together. The screen is big, beautiful and vibrant. Oh and the dedicated camera button and kickstand are an awesome plus. The power button is easier to press than on the original. I do dislike the fact that they got rid of the search button and I also wish that merging calls was a little easier but that's an HTC thing not an evo thing and taking screenshots is cool. Btw I don't care if my phone talks back to me google search works great when making notes, sends emails and texts and various other commands.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution phone just dies, November 8, 2012
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Use caution here. I've had my HTC EVO just 33 days. Today it just simply died. Made a call it had 3/4 charge and 30 minutes later it's just dead. No lights even on the wall charger.

Apparently this is not an uncommon problem. A search on "htc evo lte just died" turns up 310,000 hits. So I'm not alone. This very common problem is also known as the HTC "Black Screen of Death" or the BSOD.

I took it to the Sprint store and they said they didn't know what was wrong. Replacement will cost $38 even though it's still in manufacturers warranty. Sprint does not honor them without purchase of additional 'protection plan'.

Faulty product, poor service.

David Kumhyr
Austin TX

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Wait! Evo 4G to Evo LTE...Just Do It., June 27, 2012
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
OK this is really easy. If you are ready for an upgrade because you were like me and had an EVO 4G. It is coming on your 24th month or you have waited to see what is next. Which is so cool because you have been drooling to get a new phone. If you are good with Sprint in your area, which is always so important. Do not wait. This phone is such an awesome upgrade. You are waiting for no reason. You have to make the jump sometime. This EVO is everything you wanted the first one to be. No more low memory. I was worried about the battery but this is a totally different league. One bad. This phone is so thin and light that I lose it in my pocket. LOL. It is a no brainer. 3G is quicker and everything seems instantaneous or so much faster than before. I rarely used 4G WiMax on my EVO 4G so no LTE for now is cool. I have been so tempted to go to Verizon, but I like the idea of unlimited data. The phone feels solid and everything is so much better than before. Take the jump. You deserve it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy successor to the evo lineage, June 15, 2012
M. McGregor (Bridgeport, WV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Before I start the review, I'll say where I'm coming from: My last phone was a Samsung Galaxy S2, before that the original Evo, and a Palm Pre before that.

The very first impression you will get from this phone is the feel and look. It's remarkably light, but stills pulls off that solid feel that you normally attribute to weight. The aluminum bezel around the edge of the phone both feels nice and looks chic. As far as the backing is concerned, the bottom rubbery half feels awesome in your hand but I really can't figure out the need for the glossy slick plastic on the top third. The camera lens is recessed, which is a great feature. The kickstand feels way more solid and functional than the ones on the previous iterations of the Evo.

The phone is a bit large, and I have big hands. It's hard to put into words, but it's just a bit awkward to do some things one handed. Really my biggest problem with the size is the location of the power button on the top, which I'd of preferred to see on the side where the volume buttons are (and see them moved to the other side). You won't be able to press the power button from a typing hand position, which makes it a bit more work to shoot a quick text.

Turn it on, and you will see a *pretty good* screen. In honesty it doesn't hold up to the super amoled I was accustomed to on my S2, but it's definitely a gorgeous display and it'd be hard to call it disappointing.

You will then be greeted with the newest flavor of Sense...which I don't really care for. There is typically this annoying little menu bar that hangs out at the very bottom of the display (right below where your spacebar will be). I won't say I miss the 4 button android layout, as I never used the search button...but losing the menu button for the screen switching button is a real source of annoyance. Apps are way less intuitive and that bar at the bottom of the screen has infuriated me. The lock screen is neat though, although I find myself dragging the app that I currently have open into the ring to quick-open it, which re-opens the app and loses the context.

I'm going to rate the speed and responsiveness as *adequate* for a device of this tier (emphasis on that last part). The device is snappy and responsive, but I do notice a slight amount of lag in scrolling sometimes that I did not see in my year old S2. But I mean, when I say lag I am being extremely picky....everything is picky, and it re-columns text very quickly after a resize (a missing feature from my S2 that I desperately missed).

The camera is superb, and the camera app has a lot of neat features. Only nitpick I have about them is the difficulty to switch between main/front camera. I hear a lot of people displeased that the camera button doesn't launch the camera, but I feel that it would be annoying if it did and you couldn't turn it off...I can see it getting pressed accidentally quite frequently.

The battery life has surprised and pleased me, I have no problem making it through a full day. The radio is great, I get much better service than my S2 or first gen Evo.

SUMMARY
--------
Likes:
- The phone feels great and sturdy, build quality is top notch
- The screen puts holds up great against the best displays out there
- Battery Life and Service are very good
- Great camera loaded with features

Dislikes:
- I am not a fan of the new Sense, nor of the lack of menu button
- Phone might be a bit bigger than necessary and button placement could be more convenient

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 24, 2014
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Love it, so far no problems. Takes great pictures, screen is larger and clearer, easy to use. Give it a try

2.0 out of 5 stars I hate this phone more than anything, July 25, 2013
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Cant stand this device. I switched from the original evo to this and I regret it. Doesnt connect to bluetooth, drops calls, keyboard doesnt come up when I click a window to type, resets itself, is super slow, screen flashes and wont unlock, and home screen takes 30 seconds to load. I have only a few apps like weatherbug, radar and a few games. Ever since I got this phone it had issues, and I keep it very clean. I keep the internet history cleared, call log, text messages, photos, videos get erased to keep from eating up space. After all software updates and hard restarts on the phone with sprint, they are sending me out a samsung. She said the HTC LTE is on back order, so many people have issues with the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding smartphone, June 23, 2013
This review is from: HTC EVO LTE, Black 16GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I purchased this phone with an upgrade from Sprint and love it. I had the original EVO 4G and really liked everything about it. I found Amazon offering the newest EVO LTE for $.01 with a contract extension. I could not pass up an EVO for that price. I have used it for almost a week now and really love it. It is very similar to the original EVO, but much lighter and faster. The non-removable battery worried me, but I have found that it lasts all day with fairly heavy usage (texting, talking, Facebook, and Slingbox viewing). I would absolutely recommend this phone for the price offered at Amazon.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›