5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PHONE! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT BEST PHONE I EVER HAD!
This is a great phone and by far the best phone i've ever had. While it does have a big visible screen it fits in my hand perfectly!
I love the camera it is wonderful. The one on the front isn't as good but if you set a 2 second times you can easily take the picture of yourself as well.
I must admit I drop the poor thing quite often :( BUT it has been holding up...
Published 24 months ago by ConquerWithClass

finally 4G speed for a boost phone.

The phone is bigger than most of the boost phones but it is not near as big as the Galaxy III.

Pros
quality feel
Faster speeds
Nice HD screen
newest android system
not a ton of bloatware
Great fast focus camera

Cons
Battery (same as most androids)
2gb card comes in...
Published 23 months ago by Fishgriller

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PHONE! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT BEST PHONE I EVER HAD!, September 6, 2012
This review is from: HTC EVO Design 4G Prepaid Android Phone (Boost Mobile) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I must admit I drop the poor thing quite often :( BUT it has been holding up and doing great I bought a case and it has not a scratch or a dent on it.
Its very nice and can be personalized to fit you
I use ovoo on my phone and it shows up pretty clear and I have lots of fun seeing friend and family while away at college
It allows me to view my school work on my phone. I can open XL, Word and Powerpoints on here its pretty efficient
After downloading the dolphin browser this thing is unstoppable and does things VERY fast.
I just love this phone and actually decided to get this over an iphone. I personally feel iphones are over rated and this phone is better. You can expand the space by upgrading the memory card. While it doesn't have Siri you can still download a VERY similar app with a different name. I am also able to use and access emoji's on here as well. My email comes right to me.
Its just a great phone and my bill is $40 a month you can not beat that anywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars best phone on boost, best phone I've ever had, July 2, 2012
I had an iphone 3gs on att (constant drop calls), samsung ultra transform (awesome phone, not 4g), Lg margee (Great phone, better reception than the ultra transform, good camera) and finally I got the design 4g ( Love the new ice cream system, the camera is one of the best, the 4g is great, so great much to say about the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars best phone ever with a fast and reliable service provider! (Sprint), August 4, 2012
i had the blackberry curve, blackberry style, the lg marque and now the HTC which so far is the best and the fastes phone ever! i get around 5 to 11mbps with the 4G network!! highly recommended, you won't be disappointed. Love boost mobile with unlimited everything and only $40 a month!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Device w/ Design Flaws on Unprepare'd Carrier, October 7, 2012
I guess I've been using this phone long enough to post a competent review. I may miss a few items, and some of the technical features or fixes to bugs are above my modest level of smartphone knowledge.

CALL QUALITY, LOG, & CONTACTS
Voice quality on both ends is average. It may be enhanced with a good headset. The speakerphone is terrible **weak on a call or audio playback. The call history log is virtually limitless. Typing on the numeric virtual keypad, the phone bank searches for the full ten digits in the call bank or contacts. The keypad can be hidden by tapping the icon in lower left corner. During a call, the screen locks while pulled to your face and unlocks when extended away. Contacts can receive multiple labels, specific ringtones, be blocked or routed to voicemail and organized into groups. Save your contacts to microSD as VCF files and send to your next Android. RadioShack and other stores also have devices that assist in address book transfer from phone to phone. Customize ringtones to contact assignments from factory music app. Voicemail has a feature that saves your messages to the [voicemail] system and your phone's audio records. The voicemail notification on my phone is buggy because I checked and deleted all my messages but still get notified of a phantom voice message. I have lost data after two factory master resets to correct this. HTC offers a PC suite for backing up your device which I have not yet installed.

INTERNET 4G/3G, HOTSPOT, BROWSER
I was attracted to this phone for the 4G hotspot feature. This allows me the typical benefits of a smartphone plus internet for my other devices as needed. I encountered a snafu with the 4g after about two months of ownership, however. The server redirected me repeatedly to Clear Wireless's website. I didn't know what was wrong. I contacted Boost technical support complaining, went through all the code entry motions, and even did a couple battery removal boots. Same deal: no 4G service--but 3G still worked where available. Boost deceived me regarding the cause of the 4G blackout. Finally they told me after all the time I spent calling them and troubleshooting my phone that they are blocking customer 4G once they reach 2.5gb usage until next billing period. So I thought I could save my 4G for when I needed it, just using 3G. I used 3G mostly all last month then attempted to turn on 4G. My 4G was blocked again. Boost never told me that 2.5gb in either mode would cause block. They claim that they grew faster than anticipated so high use customers are being blocked in 4G mode... while 3G is unlimited. If you go to Settings>Usage you can set a warning to notify you of data usage in a specific billing cycle. However, it does not distinguish between 3G usage and 4G--which is actually moot for any purpose other than how much you're being ripped (in 3G) because 2.5gb reached in either mode means no more 4G. This is the highest price I've paid for a cellular so they'll need to fix their network with the quickness or else. The hotspot feature costs an extra $10 monthly and works well. Save time by turning off and on from "Quick Settings" in notifications bar. The Design factory browser is okay but lacking some basics. Touching the url address bar does not highlight full field. You may have to tap again, click "Select All (text)" then enter your new web page if not in your bookmarks. Zoom magnification is a pinch or double tap of your screen. Your bookmarks can be added to one of your seven home screens with url icon. Also, factory Task Manager doesn't completely kill tabs, windows, and browser history. You must do these manually if you don't have an app like Task Killer to do it.

CAMERA, DISPLAY, BATTERY
The camera on here is satisfactory. The pictures are crisp and in low light it makes an outside snapshot taken at 7:45pm dusk look like it was taken at 6:15pm without flash. The flash can be turned off or left on automatic. Turn the phone horizontally for panoramic videos and stills. I think the weird vertical snaps are only good for tall structures. Its picture file size is 550-800kb--just over half the memory used by my 5mp Nokia. Pics may be edited (e.g., cropped) or renamed inside device. Shutterbugs, be advised that there is **no lanyard hole for your wrist strap or necklace. The touch display is sharp for my taste. In low light though I like my screen dim to save power and vision. There's a widget containing brightness but once you go up you'll have to tap Menu>Settings>Display>Brightness to bump brightness all the way down again (unlike Samsung's single button five brightness levels). The battery on here is decent. Mine stays on intravenous because of all the features. Low signal reception drains battery on any phone so airplane mode is available if safe to go offline. Unlike my Nokia, Bluetooth is not possible while airplane mode is turned on. You'll need a wired headset to continue music playback.

GOOGLE MAPS
The GPS is improved with each update. While it is not integrated, the GPS uses the accelerometer now to get you to a destination when cellular reception is lost. Just stay in the Maps app or in background; otherwise it'll forget where you are located. The speech recognition (speak destination) is one of my faves when I can't type. One prob I have is avoidances. You'll have to tap Menu>Settings>Route & Alternatives each trip to avoid toll roads or highways. It doesn't simply memorize that you wish to avoid tolls by default. Another feature missing is "not my destination" nor can you add places per my knowledge. The screen brightness must be adjusted manually from Settings (per my knowledge) or home screen widget.

MUSIC, BLUETOOTH
I put a 59gb microSD in mine, so my storage capacity is stoopid. What I dislike about this phone and my old Samsung is that it mixes AMR files and other audio like podcasts with my music. I could be bopping my head one minute to a music file, then a tinny ringtone or voice note comes on. The only way to fix this is by creating playlists. My Nokia separates AMRs from MP3/WMA and podcasts from music. An old Motorola used a file's folder to determine its library. Naturally, this is a nuisance for me. As I mentioned earlier, the external speaker is very weak for music playback too. Your only hope is a quiet environment or an amplified headset. The bluetooth file transfer wants you to confirm acceptance of files... even from trusted sources.

UI
I still like the grey Gingerbread keyboard better than this ICS keyboard, but I'm getting to learn it. There is a daatkom button on there for some fields and speech recognition button also. Sometimes I have to change orientation of the device because the accelerometer causes the phone to freeze by not allowing scrolling to a new field. I'm impressed with the copy + paste text feature as it is very accurate. Another bug it has is its jumpy, bad shot cursor. **When editing or deleting text, you may have to highlight it for cutting because simply pressing backspace may delete other text in the field. So, the cursor will pulsate at the spot where you want it but the text being deleted is in a different paragraph or sentence. Selecting the undesired text will keep the cursor where you want it.** Adobe Reader is not pre-installed. You'll have to download from Play Store. The alarms, clocks, and timer features on here are nice and dependable. I haven't even scratched the surface yet but there's a stopwatch, food (culinary) timer, and world clock. The alarms can be programmed for days of the week, calendar dates and other scheduling. This phone is unique to me because it has a SIM card slot near battery. So even if your card doesn't function in GSM mode, you'll at least have a spot so it won't be lost outside a device. Both the SIM and memory card are kept under battery compartment cover--not hot swappable.

In conclusion, I recommend this phone in spite of its flaws and newly restrictive, always difficult-to-reach carrier. Hopefully Boost will lift 4G restrictions and improve their tech support and client communication in near future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade from older Boost phones, September 20, 2012
First of all-- the things that first impressed me coming from the Samsung Prevail:

MUCH faster downloads.

Web pages load much faster.

phone operates must faster.

finally--able to get rid of the icons for stupid apps I don't use anyway.

Finally able to REMOVE stupid apps I dont use anyway.

Came with than half of the stupid apps I never used and couldn't remove from the prevail.

Screen is significantly bigger (taller) even though phone is only about 1/2 inch taller

everything looks better on the much better screen

version of gmail is good, not totally aggravating to use as in the prevail

still can use any of my mp3s as ring tone

was able to just swap the old mini SD card from my old samsung and all the music and photos and their folders transfered over no problem.

Sound is much better than the prevail

touch screen is much better than the prevail.

easily transferred over acct at the store I bought it at (although I've done this before online and it was also very easy to do)

Still have my TRUE unlimited plan at my low shrinkage rate.

about 1.5 gigs of memory on the phone, with about 1.1 gigs free space when you get it out of the box. Prevail would run out of memory when I had a lot of text messages, especially with photos--lame!

Plenty of CHEAP accessories like cases and screen covers all over.

regarding reviews on cnet etc. They weren't too impressed. But its 40-50% cheaper than all the other new 'smart phones,' so what do you want??

Obviously they're comparing this phone to everything NEW that is out. If you have a 2 yr or older phone, I'm guessing this will be a huge upgrade for you as well. So glad I swapped.

cons-

a few things aren't as good-- browser doesn't seem to let you clear the address field with the "x" like the prevail. Had to delete manually. maybe I haven't figured out the right way to do it yet.

Not an iphone(?) but also for one month of fake "unlimited" with ATT/Verizon/etc, you can pay for almost 3 months of REAL unlimited everything on boost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Cent, November 6, 2012
This phone, prior to the Samsung Galaxy S II, is the best device on the Boost network. Having owned several phones after switching to Boost over 2 years ago, this is first Android device to come to Boost that makes you feel like you got your monies worth. At nearly $100-140 cheaper than the Galaxy S II, I am sure you will not be disappointed with this device. Overall the Galaxy S II might be a more powerful phone (however poorer screen), but upgrading any previous Boost phone to this HTC will make you feel like you have finally stepped into the 21st century.

The most impressive feature on this phone is the screen. The resolution is awesome making for an ultra-clear viewing experience.

Performance... this device can bog down to the point it is annoying, however this occurs rarely and can be used as an indicator for you to restart the phone. This is simply done by holding down the power button and then selecting "Restart" from the menu that appears. 95% of the time this device runs smoothly and efficiently.

I run this device all day, on wi-fi, and still have plenty of battery at the end of the day. In reality, you could go 1.5 days on this phone with minimal use and still be fine. With heavier use, such as surfing on your phone for 2-3 hours and playing 1-2 hours of Sprinkle (great game BTW), will drop the battery level to the point where it might need to be plugged in an hour or two earlier than normal.

4.0 out of 5 stars All around good phone., September 13, 2012
I bought this phone because my regular phone as well as the backup for it were dead. I was told that I could return it in 30 days, and so... left with this phone, fully intending to trade up to the Galaxy SII when it came out.

When the time came to return the phone and switch, I liked it too much.

It does absolutely everything I need it to.

Pros:
- Great camera (though the auto white balance is a little over aggressive)
- Great Audio (catches high, mid and low range well, plus the volume is not damped too much to drive bigger headsets)
- Great Voice Quality during calls
- Loud enough speaker phone
- Responsive GUI (touchscreen keyboard & such)
- Enough RAM to run all the stuff I download.
- Enough onboard memory to hold all the stuff that I can't put on the SD card. (This actually really surprised me. It was originally one of my biggest fears and one of the reasons I had planned to take the phone back, but so far, I have never had a problem.)

Cons:
- Battery that comes with it never ever makes it all the way through the day.
- Had to get a case to correct 2 problems:
== The plastic cover on the bottom stopped staying in place after only a few days.
== There was nothing protecting the glass from direct impact (no ridge around the glass for protection).
- Looses DATA connection when switching between towers a lot or when switching between 4g and something else. That might be a carrier issue though. This only happens with data though. I've only dropped call one time in the past month, and that was because I was in the middle of the Florida Everglades.

All & all, I love this phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Best phone for boost mobile SEE NOTE ABOUT PHANTOM VOICE MAIL NOTIFICATION, October 2, 2012
finally 4G speed for a boost phone.

Pros
quality feel
Faster speeds
Nice HD screen
newest android system
not a ton of bloatware
Great fast focus camera

Cons
Battery (same as most androids)
2gb card comes in phone pretty small by todays standards!

After shrinkage only $40 a month, no complaints here! watch for a $229 price....

NOTE: WHEN you switch to this phone clear all of your voice messages on your old phone. the new phone uses a new service so you can't get your old message and you may crazy or binge drinking trying to get rid of the "phantom" voice mail notifications.

UPDATE**** Found no way to fix the voice mail issue.

GOOD LUCK

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, July 28, 2012
I have no problems with the phone. It is the best android phone i have ever bought and it's the best phone i have ever bought online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Few things to know before you buy!, August 24, 2012
Hi everyone. I've been using BlackBerry's all my life, from Verizon to Sprint and then finally to MetroPCS's BlackBerry. After two years, I decided to try an Android and this is, in fact, my first Android phone ever and I love it. After being in so many contracts and paying so much, BoostMobile offers a reliable service with 4G in most places. If it's not 4G then it's 3G, which it's still fast!

Anyways, here are some few things that might help. Buying this phone on Amazon.com is no different than buying it through BoostMobile.com. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you might find the price of this phone on Amazon a few dollars cheaper than BoostMobile.com. Other than that, it all comes the same. In it's original packet. It's like you bought it on BoostMobile.com.

Also, if you're a new customer, you would have to pay the first month upon activation, which for this phone is better if you get the Unlimited Monthly Plan one. No activation fee. You can do it all online, which it's great!

The monthly fee is cheap. $55 for unlimited EVERYTHING, which it's great as well.

The phone is nice. Screen is great, the phone works great and it's a good phone. I do recommend getting the phone. Yes it's a little pricey at first, but you will save throughout the years!!

Hope this helps!