Following in the footsteps of the award-winning HTC EVO 4G, the HTC EVO Shift 4G for Sprint retains its predecessor's attractive, streamlined design while adding a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. It runs on Sprint's new and expanding 4G network, offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity and download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, the phone can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G network (learn more about Sprint's 4G network below).
HTC's EVO Shift 4G offers a slide-out full QWERTY
keyboard and the power of Android 2.2.
It also features a 5-megapixel camera with 720p HD video capture, a 3.6-inch capacitive touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom capability, and a custom Web browser that's optimized for convenient mobile use with functions like pinch-to-zoom and automatically reflowing text.
Built on Android 2.2 (also referred to as "Froyo") with integrated Google technology, the EVO Shift 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Additionally, with Android 2.2 support for Adobe Flash technology, you'll enjoy rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation--displayed the way they are meant to be seen.
With built-in mobile hotspot functionality, the EVO Shift 4G also allows up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices--including laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device--to enjoy the benefits of 4G speeds on the go. Other features include music downloads from the Amazon MP3 Store, pre-loaded Amazon Kindle app, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 2 GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion (2 GB card included; optional 32 GB cards supported), and up to 4 hours of battery life.
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving this mobile phone the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today. Sprint 4G network coverage is expected to reach 120 million people by the end of 2010.
The 4G-enabled HTC EVO Shift helps you stay connected to work and friends as well as enjoy HD videos, gaming, and more (see larger image.
Mobile Hotspot capability shares the 3G or 4G experience with up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video- all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Powered by the Android operating system (version 2.2, Froyo) with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- Advanced multitasking capabilities allow you to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open.
- Full Suite of Google Apps including Google Maps with Street View, transit, and Wikipedia information; GTalk with Presence; Gmail; YouTube, Latitude, and Google Calendar
- HTC Sense interface overlay offers even more ways to stay connected--including Friend Stream (which delivers Facebook), Twitter, and Flickr updates in a single, consolidated view.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- 3.6-inch touchscreen display (800 x 480 pixels; 65K color depth) with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- 5.0-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and HD video recording (720p) also features 4x digital zoom and dual LED flash.
- Multi-format media player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC music formats and MPEG4, WMV, and H.263/H.264 video formats.
- Easy access to Amazon.com MP3 store
- FM radio (requires use of included wired stereo headset)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 2 GB internal memory
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts. Also, get wireless email access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo!
- Instant messaging via popular services including Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger.
- View documents including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF on the go to maximize your productivity.
- Visual Voicemail gives you quick and easy access to just the messages you want to listen to by letting you go directly to a specific message, without needing to listen to or skip past previous messages.
- Full HTML Web browser
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack
The HTC EVO Shift 4G weighs 5.96 ounces and measures 4.8 x 2.3 x 0.6 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
HTC EVO Shift 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, USB cable, quick start guide
- GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
- Sprint TV enabled: With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including the NFL Network, ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.
- Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
To access, just text "NASCAR" to 7777 on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital Lounge to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
This phone also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free for any phone with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects. Access by texting "FOOTBALL" to 7777 on the handset to download Sprint Football Live from Sprint Digital Lounge (standard text messaging and data rates apply).
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.