Bringing the best of HTC's EVO experience to a sleek, easy-to-carry tablet design, the EVO View 4G for Sprint combines a media player, e-reader, and portable computing device into a slim package with a brightly colorful 7-inch multi-touch display. And with Android 2.3 (a.k.a., Gingerbread), the newest version of HTC Sense, and a 1.5 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, the EVO View 4G can do things most tablets can only dream of.
The EVO View 4G can fit places most other tablets can't (view larger).
5-MP rear camera with HD 720p
video capture (view larger).
It runs on Sprint's expanding 4G network, offering download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, the tablet can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G network (learn more about Sprint's 4G network below).
It features two cameras--a 5.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera that's ideal for video chats. With integrated HD-video (720p) capture and the 4G speeds of the EVO View 4G, slow uploads and grainy video are a thing of the past.
With Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, you'll be able to connect to home and business Wi-Fi networks and access large files such as HD video in minutes. You also get the optional 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability for sharing your wireless connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously. Other optional add-on services include GPS Navigation for $2.99 per day or $10 per month, and the Sprint Family Locator service for keeping tabs on your family.
7-inch multi-touch screen with pinch-and-zoom (view larger).
You'll be able to rent or purchase the hottest new movie releases on the same day they become available on Blu-ray and DVD via Blockbuster On Demand. Other features include GPS for navigation and location-based services, Bluetooth 3.0 for connecting to peripherals and streaming audio, 32 GB internal memory, expansion via optional microSD memory cards, and access to both personal and corporate e-mail (Microsoft Exchange).
The Pen Is Mightier
Using HTC Scribe Technology, the EVO View 4G offers a new way to interact with a tablet. HTC Scribe introduces the HTC Scribe digital pen (sold separately) to the tablet experience and unlocks new capabilities. You can add scribbles, photos and sound to your detailed notes. Link your notes to events in your calendar and your calendar transforms into a multimedia archive of your past meetings or events.
And when combined with Evernote, a leading notes application and service, you'll have the ability to capture and make notes--on Web pages, e-books, PDF documents, and more--in an easy and natural way. HTC Scribe digital pen also uses Timemark to capture the audio of a meeting at the same time as written notes.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The EVO View 4G runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed "Gingerbread") which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The EVO View 4G also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The HTC EVO View 4G weighs 14.88 ounces and measures 7.69 x 4.42 x 0.52 inches. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
HTC EVO View 4G tablet, AC charger, USB cable, quick start guide
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Design and Hardware
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 7-inch multi-touch display (1024 x 600) with pinch-to-zoom capabilities
- Onscreen keyboard
- Onscreen note taking with HTC Scribe Technology
- 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera
- HD 720p video capture
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chats.
- Video chat over 4G and Wi-Fi via Qik mobile app.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263.
- 32 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of RAM
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 71 markets in 28 states (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving this mobile phone the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
Optional Sprint Services
GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your tablet--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on the screen. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
Sprint Family Locator: Locate family members anytime, anywhere from your tablet or the Web without disturbing their activities. With Family Locator, you can locate your kids with interactive mapping, automatic Safety Check and a secure texting feature.
Stay Sporty with Sprint: With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
This tablet also provides access to Sprint Football Live--free with a data plan. You'll be able to follow all the live play-by-play action with the Live Game Center for both pro and college football games, as well as stay on top of the pro football draft with a Live Draft Tracker and in-depth analysis and bios on nearly 500 top prospects.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.