3G/4G LTE connectivity Note: Sprint 4G LTE network is available in limited marketsAndroid 4.0 OS1.5 GHz dual-core processor4.7-inch HD 720p touchscreen16 GB memory8-MP camera + Full HD 1080p video captureGPS navigationWireless-N Wi-FiBluetooth 3.0Personal/corporate e-mailCarrier: SprintDevice has a slot for a MicroSD memory card. Does not have a slot for a SIM card.Network Type: CDMA
Gorgeous 4.7-inch touchscreen display,
Android 4.0, dual-core processor and
improved battery life (view larger).
A red kickstand lets you relax and enjoy hands-free entertainment (view larger).
HTC EVO 4G
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G LTE connectivity
Note: Sprint 4G LTE network is available in limited markets
- Android 4.0 OS
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.7-inch HD 720p touchscreen
- 16 GB memory
- 8-MP camera + Full HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Personal/corporate e-mail
The HTC EVO is a 4G LTE Android phone that has an electrifying 4.7-inch HD display that will allow you to take, view and send images and videos with the amazing 8.0 MP camera featuring instant capture. Listen to music the way the artist intended with Beats Audio and enjoy crisper, clearer calls with HD voice capabilities. Want to watch a movie? The 1.5GHz Dual Core processor and return of the kickstand will allow you to watch videos hands free on the ultra-fast 4G LTE network. The latest Android version (Ice Cream Sandwich) and HTC Sense 4.0 combine to offer the highest performance and good looks you expect out of an EVO product.
Note: Sprint 4G LTE network is available in limited markets.
At just nine millimeters thick, this phone has a full HD 1080p video capture, 16 GB internal memory, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, DLNA wireless streaming capabilities, GPS for navigation and location-based services, and up to 7.5 hours of talk time.(see full specifications below).
Need to connect your computer to the internet to print a document or email? Create a mobile hotspot for up to eight devices at once with the fast 4G LTE connection. Link-up your computer to the EVO’s Wi-Fi for quick internet browsing or print directly to Wi-Fi printers.
Google Wallet is a necessity for those who shop on-the-go. At locations where Mastercard Paypass is accepted, you can simply swipe your card and the NFC (Near Field Communications) technology will securely transfer virtual payment information and store coupons to complete your purchase. You will save time and not have to hassle with slow payment options.
Capture the Moment with the Amazing Camera
Easily capture memories and share them while on the go with the advanced camera capabilities of the HTC EVO, which offers 8-megapixel camera and Full HD 1080p video recorder. You will get super-fast image capture speeds--snap a shot in just 0.7 seconds. You will also get great photos in adverse conditions thanks to the f/2.0 lens, which captures 40 percent more light than the f/2.4 lenses available on other high-end phones. It also comes with a Video Pic feature, which enables you to capture a photo and shoot video at the same time.
Sharing photos to Facebook, Picasa or Flickr is a breeze--and lightning quick at 4G speeds. Also, enjoy video chats over Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity thanks to the front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera.
On-the-Go Entertainment with Authentic Sound
The HTC EVO features HTC Watch--an application and service that puts an entire library of the latest, premium movies and TV shows right at your fingertips. HTC Watch uses progressive download technology that makes it possible to watch videos without waiting for a huge file to finish downloading. You can either rent or buy videos, and if purchased, you can watch them on up to five different HTC devices.
You'll also be able to hear the music the way the artists intended it to be heard with the integrated Beats Audio. Every sound is enhanced with Beats Audio and custom tuned for best audio performance with Beats Audio headsets (not included).
Vital Statistics and Premium Design
The HTC EVO weighs 4.7 ounces and measures 5.31 x 2.72 x 0.35 inches. Its 2,000 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7.5 hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint’s 4G LTE and 3G networks, CDMA EVDO Rev A.
What's in the Box
HTC EVO handset, charger, quick start guide
Android Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
The HTC EVO runs the Android 4.0 operating system (dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich), which adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing while improving on the best Android features: easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and more.
The new Ice Cream Sandwich interface features an onscreen navigation bar that replaces the hardware buttons for Back, Home, and Menu found with older Android-powered phones. And with Google+ integration, you can video chat with groups of up to 9 friends as well as easily upload and share photos and videos. Other features include: Face Unlock
You can now unlock your phone with just your face using the Face Unlock option. It takes advantage of the front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to register a face during setup and then to recognize it again when unlocking the device. Just hold your phone in front of your face to unlock (or use a backup PIN).
And the lock screen now lets you do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, you can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, you can even manage music tracks and see album art. Home Screen Folders
Quickly access related apps right from the home screen by organizing apps and shortcuts into folders--just drag one app onto another to create a folder. Multitasking
Multitasking is even easier and more visual in Android 4.0. The Recent Apps button lets you jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. The list pops up to show thumbnail images of apps used recently--tapping a thumbnail switches to the app. Voice Input
The new voice engine in Android 4.0 lets you dictate the text you want, for as long as you want, using the language you want. You can speak continuously for a prolonged time, even pausing for intervals if needed, and dictate punctuation to create correct sentences. As the voice input engine enters text, it underlines possible dictation errors in gray. After dictating, you can tap the underlined words to quickly replace them from a list of suggestions.
Sprint's 4G LTE Network
Note: The Sprint 4G LTE network is currently available in limited markets, but continues to expand across US cities.
Sprint 4G LTE services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G LTE. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G LTE in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
Just a few of the Sprint ID packages.
Make your phone a reflection of who you are with Sprint ID, which helps you get the most out of your phone by allowing you to choose a total experience for your device. You'll be able to quickly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience--including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers--all at once. Packs are designed to meet your interests--whether you're a sports fan, fitness fanatic, or auto enthusiast.
And the catalog of Sprint ID experiences will grow and expand--it's a marketplace full of experiences just for you. Choose from a single experience or many--it's about customizing your phone with the information you want in the palm of your hand. Here are a few examples of currently available Sprint ID packs:
- Entertainment ID: Features a host of fun video, music, photo and news apps including Facebook, Celebrity Tweets, Pandora, Shazam, Rhapsody, E! Online and more.
- Socially Connected: A customized experience for keeping users connected with friends on-the-go. Pack includes: Facebook, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, Mashable, Tweetcaster, YouTube, and more.
- Health and Fitness: Features all the best wellness related resources for eating right, staying fit and tracking users' progress with the ability to customize to their specific interests and goals. Pack includes: Workout Coach, Fitness Tips, Calorie Counter, BMI Calculator and more.
- Business Productivity: The perfect solution for busy professionals who want to stay connected, entertained and informed on-the-go. This pack features all the best tools to assist with travel plans, organization, communication and more.
- Fast 4G connectivity via Sprint's LTE networks. Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with the 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n/a) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps) and location services
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.5 GHz Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.7-inch HD multi-touch display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, light.
- 16 GB internal memory
- 32 GB expandable memory micro SDHC compatible
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with dual LED flash and f/2.0 lens.
- Full HD 1080p video capture with recording at 60 frames per second, slow motion playback and on-device trimmer.
- 1.3-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self-portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- Universal Beats Audio the most authentic sound for movies, games, mp3s—anything and everything that’s audio on your phone
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.