5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone and no data plan required!
I have been wanting a quality touch screen phone for a while but could not find one I liked that was not a smartphone. This one fits the bill. In 3 days I have already personalized it and more. The call quality is great and quite loud. The ringer volume is quite loud also. The vibration is strong. The phone feels like a quality phone in your hand. My husband likes my...
Published on February 24, 2011 by kirteen

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe this phone passed quality testing
First, some background - I'm a software developer that has been writing code that either runs on mobile phones or consumer electronic devices that talk to phones, since the late 1990's. I bought this phone for my 14 year old (previous phone - a bullet-proof Samsung BlackJack II of nearly 4 years).

The build quality is excellent, well above par for the class...
Published on August 13, 2011 by turbo_95

‹ Previous | 19 10 1119 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of a perfectly good upgrade, June 25, 2011
L. Henderson (Elkins Park, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Although this phone is very solidly constructed, has excellent call quality and battery life, and has many appealing features, it is ultimately extremely disappointing in its basic calling and texting functionality. The phone almost never shows more than one or two signal strength bars in areas where my Samsung Rugby has 3 or 4. Even more annoying, when it has no signal for an extended time, it gives a glaring "No SIM" error message. The only way to get rid of the error message is to restart the phone once it is back in signal range. The virtual keyboard makes it "virtually" impossible to type an error-free message; I do not have this problem with my iPod Touch. There is also a glitch that causes the phone to receive multiple copies of text messages; according to HTC, this is a "known issue." Most annoying of all, there is a considerable lag -- 20 seconds or more -- between clicking to open a received message and actually being able to read the message. In this era when time is at such a premium, this is an unconscionable time-waster. One additional minor frustration: The Address Book fields are limited in such a way that a photo cannot be sent to an email address, which I can currently do with my Samsung Rugby to upload photos to Facebook. Instead, AT&T requires you to pay data fees to upload photos directly to Facebook. Bottom line: the HTC Freestyle is a disappointing waste of a perfectly good upgrade. I'm now back to using my old Samsung Rugby, which turned out to be a welcome relief in terms of basic calling and messaging functionality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Freestyle has no style!, June 16, 2011
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Bought two of these. Unfortunately they are terrible phones. Design is all wrong and software issues galore. It dropped more calls than I was able to make or receive. Reception was the WORST! I did send them back, but am stuck as to what choices are left for non data users. Maybe it is time to give up my plan. These carriers cater to the young spend thrifters, but fail to accomodate the longtime good paying customers!

1.0 out of 5 stars wouldnt get it, June 9, 2011
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have had this phone for about 2 months,battery life stinks,drops calls all the time cant use it near a tv or computer it drops the calls, gets really,really hot on my ear after a few minutes of talking. It also freezes up on me all the time. I dont know if I just got a bad phone or if they are all that way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice try but big time FAIL, May 24, 2011
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, do NOT waste your time with this loser. It was a great concept by HTC but it failed miserably. I got one about 2 months ago, had tons of issues, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon which was even worse. Battery life is horrible no matter what you adjust or how careful you are (you might get a day and a half if you never use it), multiple duplicate texts almost everytime, very small keyboard buttons (I have to use the tip of my pinky finger and even that seems too big), all phone sound will cut out completely if you receive a text while typing a text (the only way to restore the sound is to power off the phone and turn it back on), and often times the thing will totally lock up requiring you to remove the battery to resolve the problem. When you try to play a song from your microSD card using the media player, many times it refuses to play the song and just scrolls through your library titles automatically. It too often rejects calls when you try to answer them. SIM card contact list creates duplicate listings out of nowhere. Shortcuts contact list is worthless, you do not have the option when you press a contact to either call or send a msg--- you have to set the phone to do one or the other but it does not give the option for both. This thing is junk, DO NOT BUY IT UNLESS YOU ENJOY RETURNING ITEMS TO AMAZON AS A HOBBY. The issues I've mentioned here are only a sampling, there are plenty more where those came from. HTC makes some nice phones but this is definately NOT one of them. Try again, HTC.... and pull this pile of poop off the market before it destroys your reputation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly the best I've ever had.., April 14, 2011
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Don't listen to any of the negative feedback some people give this phone. Most likely, they were expecting some high-tech, super processing smartphone knock-off with ton's of apps. That's not what this phone is. This phone is like any other ordinary feature phone, however, it takes the next step toward the future of messaging phone. They all have there strength and flaws. Unlike some people, I can't afford a full data plan and fancy phone. However, this phone is all I need for social networking (I'm a big fan of this), messaging, and multimedia and I am BEYOND happy with it.

The main thing I love about this phone is that it's not JUST focused on one aspect. For example, most slider phones with a full qwerty keyboard are focused on messaging, while the rest of the phone is just garbage. While the messaging keyboard on this phone is slightly delayed, it is very enjoyable and easy to use, and the phone is great for other features as well.

One thing that I really appreciate is that this phone is VERY customizable. You can upload your own home screen wallpaper and lock screen wallpapers, you can rearrange your order of screens that you scroll through, you can use your own ringtones and messaging tones, and a lot more.

The friend stream app is a MUST (seriously..) if you're a big fan of facebook or twitter. I've always wanted somewhat of an app for Facebook rather than having to bring up the browser and go on it from there. This app costs nothing if you already have internet on your phone. It's a very stylish, slick way of viewing friends posts and whatnot, and you can click on anything in the feed and it will take you directly to that part on Facebook in your browser. The weather app is also a very nice addition. It's great to see when I'll need my umbrella for campus haha! These are really the only two apps designed for this phone, and you can change how often they update! While I'd like to see more, I will not complain, because that's all I've actually ever wanted.

Now onto the CONS. Yes this phone is quite amazing, but it does have a few MINOR flaws, however the pros easily make up for them. The phone has a GREAT build and feels great in my hand. It's excellent quality, but now I'm scared to death of dropping it! Right now, there are no cases or protectors for it (not that I know of at least). I've looked everywhere and can't find any. The battery can be a downfall this phone, unfortunately. I would recommend setting it to go into sleep mode after one minute and turning the brightness down to mid-level. One good thing, however is that the phone comes with a usb cable that can be charged via laptop, anywhere, which is good for me! Getting to the battery is somewhat of a hassel, but how often do you do that? It may be hard to get to, but it really is securely placed. The messaging, if you're not used to it, has a bit of a learning curve to get used to. I've always used physical qwerty boards. This is my first FULL touchscreen phone, and I'm getting used to it. The camera COULD be better, in my opinion and it doesn't have any form of editing either, not even rotating or cropping, which is a letdown.

All in all, this phone is outstanding. In my opinion the best non-smartphone AT&T has to offer as of now. It's got a beautiful design, it's made by an excellent company, it's fun to do the simplest things on, and it's perfect for anyone that loves to message and do social networking. I highly recommend this phone, you won't be sorry! Hope this helped some people clear some skeptical ideas up, there's many more features but I can't list them all!

1.0 out of 5 stars A MAJOR turnoff device, July 18, 2014
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Aweful... simply explains this whole phone. I purchased through company partnership, Purchasing power. The phone is very complicated and not user friendly. Could not find wifi app then found out it didnt have that capability. tried to sync email and facebook to find out it would not connect, kept saying communication error try again later. I also could not even connect to my carrier data, then it would freeze up and state oops, an error aquired, restarting. At times the phone will just shut off and you have to release thwe battary and install to reboot the phone. Most terrible device for it to be a name brand. It should not even be being sold and it cost 125.00 and other places i seen it was 55.00. PLEASE PLEASE never get this phone

1.0 out of 5 stars Died in two days..., July 13, 2011
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
-It stopped working after two days
-It would read "Oops..." and stop functioning at least twice a day
-In places where my old phone (Samsung Rugby) would get full bars, this one drops calls

Terrible phone with a sleek interface!

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE, June 18, 2011
Do not get this phone.
1. It is so slow and always freezes for a number of seconds before doing what you actually want it to do.
2. the screen is horrible for typing on and always screws up even when you push the right area.
3. The lock button takes 5-10 seconds to work.
4. yes, the product starts out fine for the first 4-5 days and then it just goes down hill.
5. When you put someone under favorites they can no longer be seen under your regular contacts.
6. Very "laggy" as some may put it and it doesn't start typing until about 10 seconds after you typed the first sentence in a text message.
7. You will get VERY frustrated with this phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone but the Texting issues NEED to be fixed, May 13, 2011
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I purchased this phone for my daughter. She really liked the features and the touch screen. However, as some others have warned we had problems with receiving text messages multiple times and with the phone occasionally not recognizing the SIM card. After multiple calls to AT&T, Amazon Wireless and even HTC, we were sent a replacement phone that did the exact same thing. We returned it and will be looking for another phone.

This is an HTC issue and if they fix the problem, it would be a great phone. I love that it did not require a data plan!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good non-data phone...., April 30, 2011
This review is from: HTC Freestyle (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
i really wanted a HTC inspire but couldnt afford the data plan. This was the best phone out there that is pretty close to a smartphone. I like the camera quality and mostly every thing about the phone.
I do have some problems...I am really small person to begin with with really small hands, but when I text it always messes up on which letters I want. I had a touchscreen before this phone and never had that problem...I always have to go back over my text and correct them before I send it. Annoying. Another thing is the triple text thing. Happens to me all the time. Not really THAT big of a deal since I have unlimited texing but they need to fix that issue.
Otherwise cool phone.