5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 19 10 1120 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible, January 6, 2011
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Ear piece is good and so is the microphone. The outside speaker can play ringtones very loud and clear and vibrate mode works excellent too. If you've been looking for a phone where you can use MP3s for ringtones, this is it! It has been a lot of fun, and I don't have to pay for ringtones anymore.

This phone can do almost anything, and it can do it really fast. It is one of the fastest, if not THE fastest phone out there. This is due to its snapdragon processor. HTC Sense rocks IMHO, and I am very impressed with the camera. It takes excellent pictures, but the flash can wash out the picture if you are too close. Battery life has been fine for me. Be sure to get an appkiller application from the market, and use it. It helps with battery life! I also turn off 3G, WiFi, and/or bluetooth from time to time and that helps too. Yes it has an onscreen keyboard, but it is a good onscreen keyboard with tactile feedback. I got used to it pretty quickly.

It has a glass screen and I have had it for a few months and not put any scratches on it whatsoever. I bought the verizon hard silicone "glossy" case. It is the best one I've seen and I am thrilled with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery hog is a lot of fun!, November 29, 2010
The title about says it all. Battery consumption is crazy, (especially if you work like I do in a high interference area where phones are often looking for signal)but that is largely because there is so much to do with this cool phone that it is hard to leave it on stand by waiting for of all things a phone call.

There are tons of free applications to keep you busy, as well as 3G connection to get internet and fairly large screen to see the net on. You can use any song in your library as a ringer and there are free apps to help you edit those ringers. It took me a few days to figure out how to use all the features of the phone, but you may be smarter than me and not have the issues. My only gripe other than the battery life (which I fixed by buying an after market extended life battery) is the virtual key board is hard to work with my old hands, but younger folks will probably be perfectly happy with at least the horizontal keyboard which is pretty big.

By the way the camera is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does EXACTLY what I need and more, November 25, 2010
I'm a Financial Planner and I'm out of the office frequently. I needed a device that would be able to access all my cloud-based applications (hosted exchange, some other web-based items) seamlessly. This phone does that easily.

I like the Verizon network, and was going to wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon. I can honestly say the Incredible has met or exceeded every expectation I've had for the phone. I've used other peoples' iPhones as well, and this phone is every bit as good. If you're holding off on buying this phone because you're waiting for the iPhone, don't waste your time. Get this phone.

Pros:
Beautiful screen. PLENTY of apps in the Android Marketplace. Plays Flash videos (iPhone doesn't). Good speaker phone. Fits well in the hand, good dimensions. Good camera. Lightning fast (faster than my laptop, but that's 6 years old). Overall, a very good device.

Cons:
Battery life could be better, but it's not killing me. I can use it all day, but need to charge it EVERY night without exception.

Good device. Should have bought it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product... fast shipping, October 3, 2010
I returned the Droid II and got the incredible... I love the incredible and have no regrets. Exchanging the phone through amazone wireless was a breeze. I will likely buy my phones off amazon wireless from now on.

2.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible - Its no iPhone 4, July 17, 2010
BrandonJS (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Switched from iPhone 3g last week and now I'm wishing I got the iPhone 4. The Android OS is not as refined as the iOS. If you've never owned an iPhone before this is probably a huge step up but for those of you who have this feels like a step down. Many other reviews compare this to the iPhone 3g and 3gs, which are very similar to the Incredible but it doesn't quite compare to the iPhone 4.

Pros:
-Much faster than the iPhone 3g, as fast as the iPhone 3gs
-Google Maps and Turn by Turn Navigation are fantastic
-Multitasking
-Great camera
-Widgets
-Over the air syncing with Google Mail and Calendar works well
-Uses Verizon network - no more dropped calls with AT&T
-Android Market has most of the big name apps the App Store does so you won't miss too much
-Sync contacts with Facebook
-Voice to Text is amazing (just started using it after owning it for a couple of weeks)

Cons:
-Verizon includes adware that can't be removed, prompts you several times to buy! One of these apps is CityId which tells you what city & state a phone number is from. This is included with the iPhone but you must pay for it on the Incredible.
-Have to pay $3/mo for visual voicemail, its included with the iPhone
-Battery life is extremely poor, it burns through battery even when there is nothing running, so much so I think it may be defective.
-Doesn't have OLED screen, its near impossible to read in direct sunlight.
-No backup utility included, you must purchase one.
-Android apps have crashed a few times already
-No voice dialing over Bluetooth
-No external button to turn off ringer
-Can't turn off Haptic feedback (vibrates when you touch a button) when in Vibrate only mode. It would be nice to setup your own Sound/Ringer profiles.
-Facebook app has fewer features than the iPhone version
-Fewer accessories than the iPhone, but still enough to get by
-Waiting for the Android 2.2 update which has already been released but not for the HTC Incredible, current estimates are by Christmas.

Email Issues:
-Cannot fully zoom out when viewing an email, must constantly scroll left to right.
-Won't display messages sent from outlook 2003 (which is what my company uses).
-Doesn't sync with yahoo contacts and poor syncing with yahoo mail (the email app from yahoo is incomplete, there is no copy & paste). Would really not recommend this phone if using yahoo mail.

The HTC Incredible is a great phone but just isn't as nice as the iPhone 4. Would have given it 2 1/2 stars if I could. Other than the screen (which looks great but is unreadable in sunlight) all of these issues are with the software. Hopefully over the year or so there will be some updates to address them. My suggestion is either to wait and see what updates come or buy an iPhone.

5.0 out of 5 stars . . . just get a different battery for crying out loud!, January 8, 2011
I got a free Droid Incredible at the "Buy More" by renewing my two-year Verizon contract. I've never owned a smart phone before, and the first thing I noticed was that the Droid Incredible is a terrific little computer with tons of amazing apps. The second thing I noticed was that I drained the battery in a single afternoon.

Okay. As other reviewers have stated, the standard battery is inadequate. Think of this as a tiny laptop computer, not a cell phone.

I bought the Seidio 3500 mAh battery. Problem solved. Don't drive yourself crazy crippling the Incredible's functions by killing apps and WiFi and sync and GPS. Just get a bigger battery.

I would have preferred a larger screen since I also use it as an e-reader, to watch movies, mp3 player and a terrific free GPS. And be warned, the phone controls are feather touch and the software makes it awkward to add/edit new contacts. I accidentally called people several times just barely brushing the screen until I added the free "Call Confirm" app. As a pure phone, meh.

Otherwise, it is the best thing I never bought!

4.0 out of 5 stars Best cell phone I've owned but it's a battery hog., June 1, 2010
Kenneth (United States) - See all my reviews
I won't repeat the raves that everyone else has given this phone, but it does everything my BB Storm did only better and faster. Plus I don't have to keep running my task killer to free up memory. (Wake up BB, you need to allow your apps to run on the storage card or increase your on-board memory).

I would have given this phone 5 stars except for the battery life. This would be my only complaint. I've had it four days now and have been careful to run the phone through cycles in order to build up the battery life. I finally decided to opt for the extended battery and a separate charger both from Seidio. I've read the comments re: the above battery so I don't expect to significantly increase the amount of time between charges but any improvement would be welcome.

I've heard rumors that the Froyo op sys will address the battery life but then I only believe about 1/3rd of what I read on the internet. (Present company excluded).

I was lucky enough to find this phone in a Best Buy (I know) when everyone else was sold out. I drove through was the closest thing we in Pennsylvania have to a tropical storm, four inches of water running down the street, lightning striking all around me and power outages extending for blocks, simply to get this phone.

It was worth every minute!

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect - then utterly fails., May 26, 2010
I'll spare you a long diatribe here:

What I like: Size, EXCELLENT screen, very cool apps to download - many excellent free ones.

What I don't like: Spotty reception/coverage (esp. for BOSTON), apps often fail to connect or have connection issues, extremely short battery life, confusing contact database.

I think it's a neat toy, but still has a way to go. Lots to play with here - many apps and games that will help kill that battery life. For something considered more of a computer than a cell phone, the battery life just doesn't live up to snuff. Still, it's one of the more nicely designed and fun cell phones / smartphones out there. If you're with Verizon - definitely get this - just don't expect miracles.
------------
* Update 5/2011: Battery life stinks. Have had to buy a replacement, bigger battery. Market app stopped working, and it's the app you need to GET apps, so, I'm screwed. I hate this phone. The signal is sluggish - it will drop to 1 bar or no bars in a heartbeat. Thank god the iphone exists on Verizon so I can get that now!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it!!!, June 2, 2010
I have been a Verizon customer for about 5 years and always complain about the selection of phones. I have had touch phones, slider, flip and regular phones. I really wanted an iPhone but I seriously HATE AT&T from previous customer experiences I've had. I tried the Droid Eres and it was too darn small. I tried the Droid and just couldn't handle the bulkiness of it and the keyboard was crappy. I took a plunge on this one and I am very happy I did but with a few quirks. I never thought I would fall in love wiht anything other than my blackberry. I was afraid of the all touch screen but we are working together fine after much practice.
I do have a few gripes but nothing that is a deal breaker:
1. Vibrate mode sucks
2. Battery, need I say more...
3. Camera captures a good quality pic 1 in 3 times
4. Direct sunlight completely washes out screen
5. Call quality in some places is in and out but that could be a tower issue

All in all I really an happy with the phone and do not see a future upgrade completion unless Verizon gets the iPhone.

5.0 out of 5 stars This HTC Incredible exceeded all expectation -- for three years!!!, November 3, 2013
Eric Hansen (Gig Harbor, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Although I'm about to replace this phone, I wanted to let everyone know how much I enjoyed this phone -- for over three years!!! That's right, this thing has been trouble free since Sept 26, 2010. What a work horse. Surfing the internet, email, calendar, contacts, navigation, speech. And I can't count the number of times I've been somewhere where someone needed a hot spot and I'd fire up my trusty hot spot app. Just a great experience. Alas, after all this time, I'm moving on. Rumor has it Verizon will make the Nokia 929 available at the end of this month. My primary objective -- I take a lot of pictures with my phone and I want a great camera phone. And from what I can tell, the new Nokias are setting the standard. Wish me luck.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1120 | Next ›