5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 19 10 1120 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Productive phone, June 21, 2010
Pat (Show Low, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
No idea how I survived without this amazing tool. Granted about 90% of its usefulness is the apps, but they wouldn't exist without the phone.

On an important note, Verizon has done an excellent job establishing its online customer service features. Not to mention their phone-in customer service is incredible. Not only do they keep asking what else they can fix, but everybody who answers the CS line knows how to solve mostly anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy ****!, May 22, 2010
Who Cares? (Lost in my own little world.) - See all my reviews
I was a die-hard BlackBerry fanboy for a long time so suffice it to say, it was difficult for me to make the move to a non-BB device. But, since doing so, I have been so much happier. My biggest complaint about BB's was the speed. I've always been picky about having an actual keyboard and such but since getting the Incredible, I've not had one problem making the transition.

This phone smokes the competition. I can't comment for the iPhone but I do have the iPod Touch and this thing is much more friendly than the iPod and the browsing speed is much faster and reliable. I know there are going to be die-hard Apple folks out there who don't want to read anything about their beloved iPhone's getting some competition but it is here and in the form of the Incredible!

There aren't as many apps as there are through iTunes but most of the popular ones are available for this phone. I had AT&T and after they screwed me over one too many times I switched to VZW and haven't looked back. I can't say enough good things about this phone.

Cons: Battery life. That's it! However, I knew about the battery life before I bought it so I knew what I was getting into. For those out there who are going to bash this device for the battery life alone, well, do your research first. If you know about it ahead of time, you're better prepared for it when you notice you have to charge it with moderate to heavy use during the day. I recommend installing Advanced Task Killer if you buy this phone. It's free through the Droid Market.

Battery life aside, this is a great phone! Fast and full of features.

5.0 out of 5 stars The incredible IS incredible, May 9, 2010
Just got my Verizon Incredible last week and it certainly lives up to it's namesake. Coming from a Motorola Razr this is like going from the model "T" to a jet car. Lot's to learn but it does DO lots. I never had an iPhone so I can't compare the two but most who have both clearly prefer the Incredible. The only negative I've found so far is the battery but, of course, what else is new. My 1750mAh should be deliverered tomorrow. End of problem. I'd recommend this phone without reservation. Period. I just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, May 4, 2010
Phone is awesome. Display is good, calling is good. The battery life is pretty standard for smart phones. Mine lasts the whole day and I use a lot of internet and other applications. Good news is if the battery life isn't what you want you can get a bigger battery from seidio but I haven't decided to do that yet. The thing I like best about the phone is the voice recognition. I spoke a whole email and didn't have type one word, I thought that was pretty awesome. You can use the voice recognition in almost all the areas were you can input text.

2.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible - Its no iPhone 4, July 17, 2010
BrandonJS (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Switched from iPhone 3g last week and now I'm wishing I got the iPhone 4. The Android OS is not as refined as the iOS. If you've never owned an iPhone before this is probably a huge step up but for those of you who have this feels like a step down. Many other reviews compare this to the iPhone 3g and 3gs, which are very similar to the Incredible but it doesn't quite compare to the iPhone 4.

Pros:
-Much faster than the iPhone 3g, as fast as the iPhone 3gs
-Google Maps and Turn by Turn Navigation are fantastic
-Multitasking
-Great camera
-Widgets
-Over the air syncing with Google Mail and Calendar works well
-Uses Verizon network - no more dropped calls with AT&T
-Android Market has most of the big name apps the App Store does so you won't miss too much
-Sync contacts with Facebook
-Voice to Text is amazing (just started using it after owning it for a couple of weeks)

Cons:
-Verizon includes adware that can't be removed, prompts you several times to buy! One of these apps is CityId which tells you what city & state a phone number is from. This is included with the iPhone but you must pay for it on the Incredible.
-Have to pay $3/mo for visual voicemail, its included with the iPhone
-Battery life is extremely poor, it burns through battery even when there is nothing running, so much so I think it may be defective.
-Doesn't have OLED screen, its near impossible to read in direct sunlight.
-No backup utility included, you must purchase one.
-Android apps have crashed a few times already
-No voice dialing over Bluetooth
-No external button to turn off ringer
-Can't turn off Haptic feedback (vibrates when you touch a button) when in Vibrate only mode. It would be nice to setup your own Sound/Ringer profiles.
-Facebook app has fewer features than the iPhone version
-Fewer accessories than the iPhone, but still enough to get by
-Waiting for the Android 2.2 update which has already been released but not for the HTC Incredible, current estimates are by Christmas.

Email Issues:
-Cannot fully zoom out when viewing an email, must constantly scroll left to right.
-Won't display messages sent from outlook 2003 (which is what my company uses).
-Doesn't sync with yahoo contacts and poor syncing with yahoo mail (the email app from yahoo is incomplete, there is no copy & paste). Would really not recommend this phone if using yahoo mail.

The HTC Incredible is a great phone but just isn't as nice as the iPhone 4. Would have given it 2 1/2 stars if I could. Other than the screen (which looks great but is unreadable in sunlight) all of these issues are with the software. Hopefully over the year or so there will be some updates to address them. My suggestion is either to wait and see what updates come or buy an iPhone.

5.0 out of 5 stars . . . just get a different battery for crying out loud!, January 8, 2011
I got a free Droid Incredible at the "Buy More" by renewing my two-year Verizon contract. I've never owned a smart phone before, and the first thing I noticed was that the Droid Incredible is a terrific little computer with tons of amazing apps. The second thing I noticed was that I drained the battery in a single afternoon.

Okay. As other reviewers have stated, the standard battery is inadequate. Think of this as a tiny laptop computer, not a cell phone.

I bought the Seidio 3500 mAh battery. Problem solved. Don't drive yourself crazy crippling the Incredible's functions by killing apps and WiFi and sync and GPS. Just get a bigger battery.

I would have preferred a larger screen since I also use it as an e-reader, to watch movies, mp3 player and a terrific free GPS. And be warned, the phone controls are feather touch and the software makes it awkward to add/edit new contacts. I accidentally called people several times just barely brushing the screen until I added the free "Call Confirm" app. As a pure phone, meh.

Otherwise, it is the best thing I never bought!

5.0 out of 5 stars This HTC Incredible exceeded all expectation -- for three years!!!, November 3, 2013
Eric Hansen (Gig Harbor, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Although I'm about to replace this phone, I wanted to let everyone know how much I enjoyed this phone -- for over three years!!! That's right, this thing has been trouble free since Sept 26, 2010. What a work horse. Surfing the internet, email, calendar, contacts, navigation, speech. And I can't count the number of times I've been somewhere where someone needed a hot spot and I'd fire up my trusty hot spot app. Just a great experience. Alas, after all this time, I'm moving on. Rumor has it Verizon will make the Nokia 929 available at the end of this month. My primary objective -- I take a lot of pictures with my phone and I want a great camera phone. And from what I can tell, the new Nokias are setting the standard. Wish me luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressions of my first Smartphone, June 14, 2012
I purchased this phone two years ago (2010) as my first smartphone. I absolutely LOVED it. Here's a quick rundown:

Pros:
1. Small size, large screen. As a person with small hands, I have no desire to own a phone that could double as a tablet. I want to be able to reach all quadrants of the screen with one hand/thumb. This is about the size of an iPhone4 but with a larger screen that is comfortable to read and work with. Pocketable, fits in purse/bag pockets designed for phones.

2. Large quantity of apps from both Amazon or Google Play (formerly Android App Market).

3. Sturdy design. Let's just say this device took some serious physical abuse and until recently, it just kept ticking.

4. Expandable memory. Need more space? Jam an inexpensive SD card in the slot and you're good to go.

Cons:

1. Recently developed software issues, probably from some of the abuse it suffered on my account. It will not write/read the sd card, photos are previewing fine but will appear corrupted when enlarged. Photos were deleted, it stopped syncing with Google so much of my data was lost. (Cry)

2. Began needing to LOAD the homepages. Started forceclosing EVERYTHING, including 'backbone' programs like Gmail.

3. With regards to app security: if this is your first time owning an android device, you must be aware the security of the app market and amazon are not as good as Apple's. Although it is a self-regulating market (unsound apps are generally removed or will not sell well thanks to dedicated reviewers), you should still be vigilant about your own security. Free apps more than not will ask for permissions the app doesn't necessarily need to run on i.e. full internet access (unless it says it can link to Facebook or something), and 'open network sockets'. You don't want your network sockets open. This usually means the app is obtaining anonymous (not sensitive) information from you for statistical/development purposes. Just be careful.

A NOTE ON MEMORY ISSUES:

I have read several of the reviews here regarding the 'low memory' warning you get. This is a SOFTWARE issue that is easily remedied which concerns the FACEBOOK app. You must CLEAR the CACHE on occasion and then you will stop getting the warning. To do this, go to MENU>SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPS>FACEBOOK>CLEAR CACHE. As previously mentioned, I have had this phone for two years, and now due to the software issues I've been having, it's time to move onto a different phone. I have since purchased the HTC Rhyme, as it is also a small phone and doesn't have the bells and whistles of the larger, faster phones but it's what I need. I will be doing a separate review on that phone as I work with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, May 8, 2011
I recently got this phone, and even though there are newer htc phones and verizon doesn't sell it anymore, that's good, because it's cheap on ebay, and definitely NOT obsolete. It has the same specs under the hood as the new ones (which is a lot, you can look at those) and I hate phones with a large screen, I'll settle for a 4 inch, like the dinc 2, but I wouldn't replace it with a thunderbolt or a droid x if I could get them for free. And the aftermarket hacks are practically endless, check out xda developers. All of those roms, especially cyanagon mod 7 practically fix battery life. On heavy usage with Cyanagon mod 7 I have about 50% left. And everything like sound quality and pictures are great. People also say it is a drawback it doesn't have sense 2.0, right now there are like 5 custom roms with sense 2.0 for it. This phone is NOT obsolete as you may think, and it is a great phone, and it becomes a droid super incredible if you do custom roms! It's great.

5.0 out of 5 stars The name speaks for itself, May 4, 2011
Just got the phone on 5/2/11, and man is this phone packed with great features. Still learning my way around, but from what I have seen so far I am hooked. Just some of the little features that I like: the phone has a flashlight, it also displays a windshield wiper blade in motion when the forecast shows it is raining, and it comes with dozens of cool apps. Do not hesitate.....get the Incredible.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1120 | Next ›