5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The battery life isn't bad, January 11, 2011
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
The first day I had it, I freaked out.
I didn't get to use it much and it lost 100% of the battery in about 14 hours.
However, I had data and wifi on the whole time. I wasn't using it, but it was on.
Then, I added toggle buttons on the home screen for data and wifi. I leave them off except when I need them.
Now, it lasts about 3 days for average use.

The other aspects are just like other reviewers say. It is quick, responsive, and android OS.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece by Android & HTC, December 22, 2010
Viral R. Patel (Odenton, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I have had an iPod touch for years (hoping to have an iPhone later), and wanted to move on to a smart phone thats easy to use, and provider great network. This one has both. I have had a windows mobile phone earlier as well, here is what I think.

Things I like
(Paid ZERO for the phone from BEST BUY)
#1. Easy to navigate system, really intuitive
#2. Screen resolution is great, very pleasing.
#3. Multiple home screen (Click twice on Home to get 7 screens)
#4. Sync emails/calendar/Contacts with Gmail. There is absolutely nothing better than this.
#5. Alert screen (dragged from top) is very useful.
#6. Quick response by OS
#7. Quick download, 3G seems faster than Wi-Fi

Things I dont like
#1. In "All Apps" screen, the list is sorted by name. So if you downloaded Zillow app recently, you will have to scroll down all the way at the bottom to see that.
#2. Gmail App has too large fonts, does not support labs (for example, superstars)
#3. Google Maps Navigation is not FREE with Verizon (costs additional $9.99/month)
#4. Battery life is acceptable. I can run 3-4 hour easily with extreme use. Full day with normal use. Need to charge daily though.

Features better than iPhone
#1. No iTunes, easy to transfer songs, pictures
#2. Better Camera
#3. Simple connectivity with all Google products

Feature missing compared to iPhone
#1. No NETFLIX app(as of December 2010)

In summary, Android OS is a mature OS, and "Androd Market" has almost everything "App Store" has (of course, no NETFLIX as of December 2010). I would highly recommend Incredible and other Android/HTC phones. Incredible lives upto its name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, November 6, 2010
I love this phone....and I love the Android OS. It blows Apple iOS out of the water, period.

This phone is a monster....even though it has been out since May, it is still has the specs of the new phones coming out. Highly recommend this. My wife just got one too. I've had mine since May.

Love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, battery life my only complaint., October 20, 2010
I've had this phone since it came out. While this is my first smartphone, and I don't have anything else to compare it to, I've been extremely happy with it. The only downside is the battery life. There really isn't much. You have to do a lot of management with this phone to get the most out of the battery. A lot of what I have done includes modding the phone - there are plenty of resources on that in the forums at xda-developers.com. There has been a pretty fast and steady growth of homemade roms that REALLY get the most out of the hardware and work towards getting better battery life. A word of warning though - making any kind of changes to your phone will void your warranty. Also, even though the process of unlocking phones and using custom roms has gotten much easier, be warned that there is a bit of a learning curve.

But back to the phone - I'm a little over 5 months in and am extremely happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent android smartphone; terrible battery life, July 30, 2010
Coming as I was from an old Sony Ericsson, entering the world of smartphones is a little akin to leaving the stone age for the 20th century, all in one step. The Droid Incredible (DI) is an excellent phone with all the necessary bells and whistles one might expect. Scheduling, email, SMS, MMS, camera, etc works like a charm. Build quality of the phone is also excellent, as it fits nicely in my hand and is just the right size for my pocket.
Gripes? I have three. First is minor. When dialing the phone, or using the numeric keypad to enter a number, the haptic feedback (the buzz) still works even though I have "haptic feedback" turned off in the settings. This must be a bug that will probably be fixed in the next update cycle. Second, waking up the phone is accomplished only by hitting the power button. Why can't I hit a side/volume button and have the screen wake (but stay very dim) to show me the date, the time, who called, etc? I don't like the one-button-wake system that's currently installed. Third, and final, and most of all--battery life. Be prepared to become a battery hawk like me. Download some sort of task killer/task manager system, because apps do not always play nicely and shut down when you're done using the app. Battery life is short--get used to it. I have yet to get the 1750 maH battery, but I plan to do so very soon. Last night, I went to bed with just under half the battery left. The alarm was set to wake me up for work, but when I woke up (in time, fortunately) the phone had shut down for lack of power. That's not good. Application power management is a serious concern with this phone, but other than that, I'm very happy with my DI and I'd get the same phone if I had to do it all over again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect but not quite, July 7, 2010
Glen Neal (Sayre, Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
This is my first cell phone, and it really is an amazing device. More pocket computer than phone, it has amazed me everyday for the month I've had it. I guess you've heard by now the only drawbacks are the screen which is impossible to see in sunlight, but looks great indoors, and the very short battery life (leave it plugged into the charger when possible). Also the camera may not quite live up to it's 8 megapixel name, but it's very good nonetheless. I love everything else about this computer - excuse me - phone - and do not regret my purchase one bit. I would give it five stars if not for the display/battery problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!, May 21, 2010
I like it quite a bit. Much snazzier than my roommates iPhones and I've almost got both of them interested in getting one once their contracts with ATT are up. Nothing beats listening to Pandora in the car with Google turn-by-turn navigation making sure I don't get lost. GPS + cardio apps make running actually a fun thing. Multi-tasking, backgrounds, not locked into proprietary Apple crap like iTunes, Skype mobile so I can talk to my friends in Spain while I'm not near a computer... While there are some really good apps that the iPhone has that Android doesn't yet have, the Incredible has functionality that the iPhone does not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok, lets get something straight..., May 21, 2010
The battery life could definitely be better. However, its not horrible. I get between 30-36 hours of total awake time. That includes over six hours of moderate use. Its true that some apps, and programs suck more juice, but that should be common sense. If you learn what apps and programs to turn off this phone gets good battery life for a smartphone. But thats just it. Its not a smartphone per se. Its more of a computer. Think about it. A 1 ghz processor is what the Ipad has. 512 mb of RAM and ROM is what an average PC has these days. And an 8 megapixel camera!?? Unheard of for these phones (not to mention dual LED flash).
As for signal strength is the same as my other verizon phones. The issue is that the bars don't match up with your true strength. They are usually one sometimes two steps off. But I've never had a dropped call and I get VERY poor reception at home 90-100 db.
Overall this phone is amazing! My iphone friends were truly amazed by its capabilities. Please if you are thinking about getting a new phone from Verizon DO NOT HESITATE.

UPDATE I am now getting 36 hours plus of battery life per charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone! Bring a charger!, May 19, 2010
I have held off on buying a Smartphone for Verizon wireless for a few years now. They just didn't have anything close to the iPhone. There were a lot of "wannabes"; even the LG Dare was once thought to be the next iPhone killer, ha-ha.
Having said that, I think the HTC Droid Incredible is the best smart phone you can buy for Verizon.
The Droid Incredible is very advanced and does amazing things. For instance, it can scan barcodes and turn a taken photo of a business card into a contact. Also, it has Google maps, which I can't wait to use. Live backgrounds are amazing as well. This is a very nice alternative to the iPhone and I'm happy I got it.
I use to hate the keyboard and it was also confusing getting all the settings adjusted to my specifications. Fortunately now I have adjusted to be okay with the keyboard. Also, I fixed all the settings to my liking.
This phone is 'finicky' sometimes. Today, for instance, the buttons were pressing on there own. I had to take out the battery in order for it to stop, as powering it down didn't work. It also didn't get reception in the back of a department store I was in, something I never noticed on my previous phone.(lg dare)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this phone, May 4, 2010
I've been waiting for this phone for quite a while. The Nexus One was too annoying to buy through Google and the Moto Droid was just too clunky. This is a beautiful piece of machinery. Touchscreen is wonderful and extremely fast (love the 1GHz processor). The battery life is so-so but I guess you have to expect that from a mini computer...downloaded some power saving apps like Sceebl and that helps some. I'm buying the extended battery from Seidio and will update later on that. Some reviews on tech sites mention that it feels "plasticy" or cheap...which I don't really agree with. I think the fact that it's more lightweight than others says a lot about how awesome it is. The touchscreen keyboard is quite easy to use (had a bit of a learning curve for a day or so, but now less than a week later I'm great at it). It's kind of annoying that some apps automatically start (like footprints). The camera is very nice considering how small the lens is. I really wish there was some kind of cover for the lens so it wouldn't be so easy to scratch it, but I cut a circle out of some screen protector material and put it over the lens. Doesn't effect my picture quality at all as far as I can tell. I've never owned a smartphone, so my opinion may be biased...but it's everything I could ever want and more with only a few minor complaints. <3

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›