5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone. But no Verizon Navigator, August 6, 2010
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I used to have Verizon Navigator on my old phone. I just bought the HTC Droid Incredible. I miss my Verizon Navigator. It is unavailble on the Droid Incredible. HTC decided to go with the Google Navigator (free), but there is no Syncing addresses from your online Google search to your phone. Unlike the VZ Navigator. There is no "recent" or "favorite" addresses. You have to use your contacts to store your addreses. Or do a voice search for the business or venue. But, once on the road it works great. The street view was excellent and turn by turn was competent. Text to voice turn by turn directions sounds like a droid robot but gets the job done. Once the address is dialed in its great. But thank God its still beta becuase the user interface needs some serious work. I didnt want get the Droid X because of its size but you don't get the VZ Navigator on this phone. Rather than that the phone is amazing. Its a battery hog, but from other reviews you already realize that. Also i have Wifi and with my Iphone Touch I get full signal bars in my house. But with the Droid Incredible as soon as I leave the room where my wireless router is I lose signal bars. I didn't notice any lag with downloading on Wifi but I thought it should be noted. Finally, its a good phone. And I love the HTC user interface. But in time with some upgrades and tweeks it could be a great phone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Droid Perfect? (Almost), July 16, 2010
Ok so I'm giving this device 5 starts but its no where near a perfect, but probably closer than any other device on the market today, in my opinion.

My opinion is slightly biased however. This is the first real nice phone I have ever owned. Im 26 and have had 2 phones my whole life but I finally decided to treat my self to something nice.

Anyway.. on to what I like about this device. Its more aesthetically appealing than any other phone on the market. It has one of much nicer screens. The camera is top notch for a phone camera. The camera is far from perfect but again for a phone camera its hard to compete with it. The speaker is amazing. Much louder than my friend's iPhone4. I could go on and on but I dont really want to get into all the technical stuff because im no expert.

People are going to say the Droid X is better but really I think it all comes down to personally preference.

So far the only con about the phone is the battery life. But everyone already knows this. There are small things you can do to improve the life but even still it's not all that great. 8 Hours for me but im constantly using the web, chatting on IM, etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great.. with one problem, September 28, 2010
Bill (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The Incredible certainly has great features. I see the two key selling points vs. the iPhone are free turn-by-turn navigation and the ability to function as a mobile hotspot... great for my wifi-only iPad! Also, I was impressed by the performance, customizability, and selection of apps.

But... I just returned the phone because the battery life was horrible. With the extended battery, I was getting 5-7 hours. I found myself worrying throughout the day about where my battery stands and maybe I'm using the phone too much. The task killers, turning off features, uninstalling apps all had little impact. I'll reconsider when the phone solves bigger problems for me than it creates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, July 7, 2010
I love this phone! It has a wicked fast processor, a great camera and best of all, it's on Verizon! No AT&T coverage issues or abysmal customer service to deal with. The Android app store is a bit quirky. Many apps have nearly incomprehensible descriptions and/or are priced in foreign currencies. Also, you have to use Google checkout, which some people don't like but it works well and isn't much of a problem if you already have an account as I do. The only other issue I have found is that most accessories that are marketed for this phone were really designed for iPhone and don't work properly with this phone. Hopefully, this situation will improve after the product has been on the market for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a while, but great phone, July 29, 2010
Amazon Customer (Drexel Hill, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the Incredible for about a month and a half now and love this phone. It took awhile though. It's my first smart phone. Using the phone is intuitive straight out of the box, but figuring out all you can do with this phone and the apps took me about a month. I can't believe all the things I can do with this phone. Music, GPS, Calendar, to do lists, Internet, read a book, games, take great pictures, text,Google Voice, the list goes on and on. The phone is fast and easily customizable to just about any user. Not sure how it compares to most other smart phones since I have not owned any, but I can say this is one incredible phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HTC Incredible 3G Smart Phone, September 17, 2010
GoodToBeBob (Los Angeles, California, USA) - See all my reviews
After using it for hours, I was dumbfounded when my new HTC Incredible 3G Computer rang (oh yah, it's a phone too). Make sure you really want a high tech 3G touch screen phone. Two friends of mine only want a phone to make phone calls so I advised them not to buy it.

I love it but the battery is a major issue. They're at the limit of high power battery technology. So, to help save battery power, download the app ATKF to stop (kill) all the unnecessary apps from running. It only stops them from running, doesn't hurt anything. There are a lot of built in apps that can't be removed but can be killed (stopped).

Two extended batteries to consider buying are:

Seidio Innocell 1750 mA Battery (fits the same as the HTC OEM battery) for $41 on Amazon.
-I bought this one

Seidio Innocell 3500 mA Battery (thicker than the HTC OEM battery so it comes with a thicker back cover) for $53.94 on Amazon.

Please read the reviews before buying either battery.

Paid $201.38 total and shipping was free. Purchased on 07-06-2010 directly from Verizon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, not so great battery, September 16, 2011
I've had the DINC for six months now. It's my first smartphone and I put a lot of research into it. I'm confident that it was the best phone on the market at the time I got it (obviously, it's outdated already but that's just the way of it). I love the phone. I don't like the huge tablet-esque screen sizes on phones these days so I love the size of this phone. It's small but the screen resolution still looks great. I don't care for the default application launcher on it so I'd recommend you download Launcher Pro or GO Launcher as a faster, more useful replacement.

The major downside is that with such a zippy processor, it goes through battery like it's going out of style. For a while I was only getting 12 hours of charge under moderate use (messaging, email, etc.), even with data use cut way back. My solution: root the phone and install Cyanogen Mod 7. It bumped my battery life up 6 hours without having to but a bulky replacement battery for $60. SetCPU has also helped some with battery life, but not as drastically as CM7. Rooting voids your warranty but I think it's worth it to make the phone more usable. I'd still recommend carrying a charger around with you so you never get caught with a dead phone though.

On that note, this phone is incredibly easy to root using Unrevoked. And Cyanogen Mod 7 is easy to install as well. I tend to mod and tweak everything I own and this phone lends itself to that very well.

TL;DR: I would absolutely buy this phone again, just wish the battery life was longer. But fixed that with a custom ROM called Cyanogen Mod 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Droid Incredible, March 4, 2011
G. Sampson (easton, MD. United States) - See all my reviews
I upgraded to the Droid Incredible about 3 months ago and I have totally enjoyed this phone.
The Iphone my have more apps, but in my opinion the android platform is much better.The only advantage the iphone has is its media player because well they invented the ipod. The Incredible is fast , powerful, fun phone. Some of the apps are amazing the customization of this phone will blow you away. The web browsing is fast and smooth, the 8 mega pix camera is amazing. My only suggesting would be to invest in a extended battery, I purchased a 3500 mah extended battery and now get 2 full days plus on a charge. I highly recommend the Droid Incredible even over the droid x.

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute best phone ever, but be prepared to get an extended battery, January 6, 2011
The stock battery *will* last a day and a half if you use it minimally.
However if you like actually using all the features, like listening to music, calling people, checking e-mails, messages, taking photos, etc etc that will eat up a lot of battery; with the stock that may last you 4-7 hours, which falls short of pretty much everyone's day.

Buying an extended battery is the way to go, I can now use it how much as I want without worrying about battery life, and it hasn't affected the size and weight of the phone enough to even slightly bother me.

This phone takes great photos, the Android Market is finally building up a good collection of apps so you have a lot of useful things to addon to your phone to make it awesomely useful in your life.

Some of the things I enjoy using on this phone, most on a daily basis:

> Transmits completely wirelessly to a bluetooth adapter, that transmits and FM station that transmits to my car radio.
I listen to Pandora, Siruis and my own personal music collection.
3G signal is excellent and streams flawlessly, but I'm in a semi-urban area.

> 1+hour of phone call usage, *some* breakups are noticed but actually improved over my other phone and I can still understand the other person clearly as well as what they're saying through the occasional intermittent breakups.

> Games. Who doesn't love games on their phone when they're waiting and bored out of their mind.
Lots of really great and surprising intellectual but fun games in the android market, most are free.

> Text messages - as far as I know there's no set limit on texts. I think I have over 500, the default app that comes with this phone is the best and works best for this phone. Other ones, even the popular text messaging apps do not work as well, even though they may have a few more features I found it wasn't worth the switch.
-- Very easy to text, easier than my other phones full keypad which was surprising. It autocorrects and tries to guess what you just typed in case you messed up a letter (or all of the letters).
Sometimes when I'm not looking at the phone (totally not when I'm driving, that'd just be irresponsible) I just punch around where I think the right letters are. I look down and it looks like a mess, but the phone guesses the correct word, and after I hit the space key, bam- fixed. Perfect, fast texting.

> Camera is quite excellent for a phone, and video is as well. Not something you want to shoot a movie in, but for quick snaps of friends or quick vids it's perfect.

----
Also I would recommend phone owners of this to buy an app that allows you to turn on GPS tracking and track your phone in case it's lost. I have a friend who lost his phone, used the app and it tracked it right to the guys house (actually was a beat down p.o.s. trailer) - police came in, got the phone back (found some other things), problem solved.

All in all, the name of this phone suits it well. It was modeled with the iPhone in mind, sure- but android is taking huge leaps and has surpassed Apple in several ways already, though respectively still a few steps behind in other areas.
For the things that matter, you can't go wrong with getting this phone.

Get a case, screen protector and extended battery.
You'll have one outstanding phone that you can organize your life, capture your life, and live your life.
Best of all, after the extended battery it truely lasts throughout the entire day.

I don't know what I would do without this technology, so many aspects of my life are bundled into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely has earned its solid reputation, December 20, 2010
Jbro87 "JB" (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This is a very good smartphone. This is my 5th smartphone and I've had 3 different iPhones. This phone is very fast, has a decent camera and can meet all my needs. I am not thrilled about syncing all my stuff through gmail, but so far so good. The battery life is as bad as reported and yes, I know smartphones use them up. I've acclimated pretty quickly as to how to use it and not deplete the battery too fast. If you use the navigation app, surf the web and use Pandora at the same time, you'll burn it out in under 3 hours, but once you know this, you use what you need when you need it. I can get through a moderate day with a full night charge and then one mid-day charge and I'm okay with that. Speaking of the navigation, just wow. Free turn by turn navigation. I am also syncing my music with iTunes. Didn't know you could do that.

I had to move from my iPhone 4 and AT&T to Verizon for work and I thought it would stink, but I was wrong. I like to tinker and Android suits that just fine. And Verizon customer service is very good as well. Overall, for a free smartphone, I am extremely satisfied. And very surprised. I went through Amazon Wireless and spoke to them before purchase. Everything they said happened. I was able to buy the phone through Amazon and set up the plan I wanted with Verizon. In my area, they offer unlimited mobile to mobile on any network and this was not offered through the Amazon website. Got the phone, called Verizon and had that option put on my plan. If you have questions, call Amazon Wireless - they are pretty solid.

1/11/11 Update
I like the phone even more now. One feature of Froyo (Android 2.2) that no one knows or mentions, is that it will monitor how you use your phone and adjust certain features to maximize your battery. My battery life is now far better than when I first reviewed. I am still stunned at how happy I am with this phone. Is the iPhone 4 better? Yes. But this phone is so close, it doesn't matter to me. And for free? BTW - the processor in this phone is still regarded as one of the best - the 1Ghz Snapdragon. Also, a couple of tech blogs at the end of the year still said this was the best smartphone on Verizon - 7 months after launch.

3/27/11 Update
The battery on this is unacceptable. I've made excuses for it, but now I realize it's the weakest aspect of this phone. I unplug the phone from the charger when I leave work and with moderate use (2-3 texts, 2-3 phone calls, 5 minutes websurfing, 10 minutes navigation) I use up 90% of the battery. It's a huge shortfall of this phone. I have to think about it way too much and that's is a definite killer because the phone is ridiculous beyond that.

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›