5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, October 19, 2010
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
These phones have a lot going on. HTC has done a great job with the Incredible. The phone is freakishly fast. It's faster than my desktop. The battery get's slammed a lot but if you consider the amount of work the processor is doing and how fast it is doing it, it is acceptable. My girlfriend got the LG Ally so we could compare. I chose to stay with the Incredible. I gave up some battery for the faster speed.

I thought I was going to need the separate keyboard but I am fast now on the screen tap. That tech has come a long way. My email is gmail so all that was seamless. Switching back and forth from email accounts is faster with my phone than my laptop.

The camera is fine. It has a harder time taking good pictures than my purpose built camera. It has trouble with light sometimes. Some pictures are perfect. Video seems fine. Being able to instantly send pix and vids via email or text is priceless.

One thing I don't like about the Android phones is the unbelievable lack of control. You can't stop apps from starting up when they want to. Apps that are built in, you can't remoove. I've learned to closely monitor parts of the phone. I leave the location function off so the apps don't send out my location. I turn off the web when I'm not using it so the phone doesn't continually update apps. I use app killer to shut down apps that start themselves.

Skype is useless to me because Verizon does not allow its use with wifi. What?? That's how I use it in other countries.

With everything off, the battery is good for a couple of days. If I am using the internet heavily, it is good for a few hours. It's not a problem because I have a 110v usb charger for the house or when I'm near a computer and a 12v for the car. I went ahead and bought a larger battery. It is slightly bigger but fits in the same case. It came with it's own charger. I'm covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, November 6, 2010
I love this phone....and I love the Android OS. It blows Apple iOS out of the water, period.

This phone is a monster....even though it has been out since May, it is still has the specs of the new phones coming out. Highly recommend this. My wife just got one too. I've had mine since May.

Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible indeed, May 10, 2010
S. Wang (Jersey City, NJ) - See all my reviews
I preordered this phone from verizon and got it on Apr 29th. I really liked it.

Pros:
1. super fast. I can ran many (more than 10) apps and switch between them with no gap.
2. HTC sense is a very nice interface to integrate my google/facebook account (I don't have twitter, but I believe it would work seamlessly as well), so I could have all my contacts in one place with their phone numbers/emails/facebook accounts.
3. It is highly customizable (in a way much better than the iDon't). You can set up different profiles (background, volume, vibration, notification) for work, for home or anything else, and specify a switch time. So it would switch to vibrate and shut down wifi automatically when you go to work for example, and switch back and turn on wifi by the time you get home.
4. Big and beautiful screen.

Cons:
1. apps. I got almost everything I need. But I would hope to get more games like the titles iPhone got (e.g. plants vs zombies). Well, I think as the android momentum starts to build, more developers would be willing to write apps for android.
2. battery. that's the first biggest problem I notice. I guess since it runs at super power, it also consumes a lot of energy. I have to plug it with the charger right after I get home everyday. I am always very concerned about shutdown if I have used it heavily during the day. There is an app (something called "advanced task killer") that kills apps running on the background unnoticed. That will save you some battery. But it doesn't solve the problem completely. Innocell is selling a 1750mAh extended life battery. I am going to try that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone. But no Verizon Navigator, August 6, 2010
I used to have Verizon Navigator on my old phone. I just bought the HTC Droid Incredible. I miss my Verizon Navigator. It is unavailble on the Droid Incredible. HTC decided to go with the Google Navigator (free), but there is no Syncing addresses from your online Google search to your phone. Unlike the VZ Navigator. There is no "recent" or "favorite" addresses. You have to use your contacts to store your addreses. Or do a voice search for the business or venue. But, once on the road it works great. The street view was excellent and turn by turn was competent. Text to voice turn by turn directions sounds like a droid robot but gets the job done. Once the address is dialed in its great. But thank God its still beta becuase the user interface needs some serious work. I didnt want get the Droid X because of its size but you don't get the VZ Navigator on this phone. Rather than that the phone is amazing. Its a battery hog, but from other reviews you already realize that. Also i have Wifi and with my Iphone Touch I get full signal bars in my house. But with the Droid Incredible as soon as I leave the room where my wireless router is I lose signal bars. I didn't notice any lag with downloading on Wifi but I thought it should be noted. Finally, its a good phone. And I love the HTC user interface. But in time with some upgrades and tweeks it could be a great phone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Droid Perfect? (Almost), July 16, 2010
Ok so I'm giving this device 5 starts but its no where near a perfect, but probably closer than any other device on the market today, in my opinion.

My opinion is slightly biased however. This is the first real nice phone I have ever owned. Im 26 and have had 2 phones my whole life but I finally decided to treat my self to something nice.

Anyway.. on to what I like about this device. Its more aesthetically appealing than any other phone on the market. It has one of much nicer screens. The camera is top notch for a phone camera. The camera is far from perfect but again for a phone camera its hard to compete with it. The speaker is amazing. Much louder than my friend's iPhone4. I could go on and on but I dont really want to get into all the technical stuff because im no expert.

People are going to say the Droid X is better but really I think it all comes down to personally preference.

So far the only con about the phone is the battery life. But everyone already knows this. There are small things you can do to improve the life but even still it's not all that great. 8 Hours for me but im constantly using the web, chatting on IM, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, June 30, 2010
This is my first Droid phone and I am now a fan. I previously owned an iPhone 3g. I changed providers due to poor reception and dropped calls with AT&T. The HTC Incredible is very fast and reception is great. At times the signal strength shows only 1 or 2 bars, yet I have had no call problems and web browsing is very quick. I have yet to drop a call (a daily occurrence on the iPhone)

HTC sense is fantastic software. Voice to text is also excellent. The phone is sleek and similar in size to the new iPhone 4. I carry the phone in my pocket and it fits well even with a case.

While the phone experience is indeed incredible I cannot say the same for the battery life. With moderate use I can make it through the day but with heavy use I require a charge. I recently purchased the slim Seidio 1750 mAH battery and so far it seems to have helped make it through the day on one charge with heavy use.

The Android app store is growing but it still cannot hold a candle to that of the iPhone. I hope that soon changes.

While the battery life and app store are not best in class I still believe I have found my new favorite phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, November 13, 2010
The only negative thing I can say about this phone is the stock battery is fairly weak. Other than that its just about the handiest thing I have ever bought. Everything works well, touchscreen is just right even with a plastic protector sheet on it. The speakerphone is very good- it picks up everything though so think about where you are using it; if you can hear it, this phone hears it too and sends it over the airwaves (Make sure you press End Call to avoid embarassing situations!). Speed is pretty good too, I can watch youtube and some video but it tends to get choppy if I am moving around a lot or if I am in a car. As far as toughness goes, I just slide it in my pocket and go about my day in the powerplant I work in. It seems to handle my climbing, leaning on things and all the other abuse I put it through. For phone reception I would say its really good too, there are areas where my old phone would get really choppy, this phone just doesn't even get phased by it. If it shipped with a better battery it would get a 5 star easily!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great.. with one problem, September 28, 2010
Bill (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
The Incredible certainly has great features. I see the two key selling points vs. the iPhone are free turn-by-turn navigation and the ability to function as a mobile hotspot... great for my wifi-only iPad! Also, I was impressed by the performance, customizability, and selection of apps.

But... I just returned the phone because the battery life was horrible. With the extended battery, I was getting 5-7 hours. I found myself worrying throughout the day about where my battery stands and maybe I'm using the phone too much. The task killers, turning off features, uninstalling apps all had little impact. I'll reconsider when the phone solves bigger problems for me than it creates.

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE INDEED!, June 27, 2010
Amazon Customer (Staten Island, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I have had the Droid Incredible for a few weeks now and am simply amazed at how much it can do. Yes, the battery life is short when using the internet, apps, texting, etc. I charge it once a day, but I have a spare battery on hand at all times, so no big deal. The screen is super touch-sensitive, so it is easy to leave a screen you are working on if you even brush against it, but you quickly adjust to this. A free app, called Advanced Task Killer, allows you to turn off the many apps you are not using, including the internet, so that your battery life will last longer. I would highly recommend this app. The sound on the phone is crisp and clear, the display is very sharp and colorful, and the amount of apps available is also "incredible." I would highly recommend this phone, and for me personally, it is the best cell phone I have ever owned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but get a bigger battery, June 1, 2010
I use the HTC incredible as mini computer, GPS, Internet browser, calendar, compass, radar, trapster device, camera, video camera, calculator, barcode scanner, sky map, MP3 player, FM radio receiver, Mini TV... ah and don't forget! as a cellphone, so I expect this phone to use up battery at alarming rates. A bigger battery was warranted given this many features, other than than just HTC awesome

Update After 7 months:
To keep up with power demand I had to buy a Seidio 1750 Battery for $57, didn't even last for 8 hrs, so upgraded to the Seidio Battery 3500, for another $53 plus the protective cover for $31, this has to be the most expensive phone to own in the planet...
Great features but, I am sorry, I cannot afford to own one HTC phone on my next upgrade

‹ Previous | 15 6 720 | Next ›