5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible, June 14, 2010
H. Ahmad (St.Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
HTC Incredible

One of the better Verizon Android phone available (if you can get your hand on one of em). Screen is nice and bright (AMOLED), software is fast and responsive, thanks to 1GHZ processor and 748MB of ROM. Eight megapixel camera and dual LED flash is nice, but the quality of pictures were not impressive. 8GB of storage is decent. Battery life could've been better. The exposed camera lense in the rear is a major design flaw, it will be a scratch magnet. For mobile data hogs, Verizon offers unlimited data plan, which makes this phone a better buy when compared to smartphones (iPhone) on AT&T's 2GB data limit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HTC Incredible 3G Smart Phone, September 17, 2010
GoodToBeBob (Los Angeles, California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
After using it for hours, I was dumbfounded when my new HTC Incredible 3G Computer rang (oh yah, it's a phone too). Make sure you really want a high tech 3G touch screen phone. Two friends of mine only want a phone to make phone calls so I advised them not to buy it.

I love it but the battery is a major issue. They're at the limit of high power battery technology. So, to help save battery power, download the app ATKF to stop (kill) all the unnecessary apps from running. It only stops them from running, doesn't hurt anything. There are a lot of built in apps that can't be removed but can be killed (stopped).

Two extended batteries to consider buying are:

Seidio Innocell 1750 mA Battery (fits the same as the HTC OEM battery) for $41 on Amazon.
-I bought this one

Seidio Innocell 3500 mA Battery (thicker than the HTC OEM battery so it comes with a thicker back cover) for $53.94 on Amazon.

Please read the reviews before buying either battery.

Paid $201.38 total and shipping was free. Purchased on 07-06-2010 directly from Verizon.

4.0 out of 5 stars incredible phone, May 31, 2010
as the name suggests, this phone is incredible. apps, internet, everything is fast fast fast. in fact, the only downside to this phone is in the software. the android keyboard needs a bit of work, but the big downer is the pre-installed bloatware that comes with the phone that you CANNOT UNINSTALL. this is rather shady because some of the apps try to ask for money and someone unfamiliar with all this might confuse it as some verizon related charge. VERY SHADY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, not so great battery, September 16, 2011
I've had the DINC for six months now. It's my first smartphone and I put a lot of research into it. I'm confident that it was the best phone on the market at the time I got it (obviously, it's outdated already but that's just the way of it). I love the phone. I don't like the huge tablet-esque screen sizes on phones these days so I love the size of this phone. It's small but the screen resolution still looks great. I don't care for the default application launcher on it so I'd recommend you download Launcher Pro or GO Launcher as a faster, more useful replacement.

The major downside is that with such a zippy processor, it goes through battery like it's going out of style. For a while I was only getting 12 hours of charge under moderate use (messaging, email, etc.), even with data use cut way back. My solution: root the phone and install Cyanogen Mod 7. It bumped my battery life up 6 hours without having to but a bulky replacement battery for $60. SetCPU has also helped some with battery life, but not as drastically as CM7. Rooting voids your warranty but I think it's worth it to make the phone more usable. I'd still recommend carrying a charger around with you so you never get caught with a dead phone though.

On that note, this phone is incredibly easy to root using Unrevoked. And Cyanogen Mod 7 is easy to install as well. I tend to mod and tweak everything I own and this phone lends itself to that very well.

TL;DR: I would absolutely buy this phone again, just wish the battery life was longer. But fixed that with a custom ROM called Cyanogen Mod 7.

5.0 out of 5 stars Droid Incredible, March 4, 2011
G. Sampson (easton, MD. United States) - See all my reviews
I upgraded to the Droid Incredible about 3 months ago and I have totally enjoyed this phone.
The Iphone my have more apps, but in my opinion the android platform is much better.The only advantage the iphone has is its media player because well they invented the ipod. The Incredible is fast , powerful, fun phone. Some of the apps are amazing the customization of this phone will blow you away. The web browsing is fast and smooth, the 8 mega pix camera is amazing. My only suggesting would be to invest in a extended battery, I purchased a 3500 mah extended battery and now get 2 full days plus on a charge. I highly recommend the Droid Incredible even over the droid x.

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolute best phone ever, but be prepared to get an extended battery, January 6, 2011
The stock battery *will* last a day and a half if you use it minimally.
However if you like actually using all the features, like listening to music, calling people, checking e-mails, messages, taking photos, etc etc that will eat up a lot of battery; with the stock that may last you 4-7 hours, which falls short of pretty much everyone's day.

Buying an extended battery is the way to go, I can now use it how much as I want without worrying about battery life, and it hasn't affected the size and weight of the phone enough to even slightly bother me.

This phone takes great photos, the Android Market is finally building up a good collection of apps so you have a lot of useful things to addon to your phone to make it awesomely useful in your life.

Some of the things I enjoy using on this phone, most on a daily basis:

> Transmits completely wirelessly to a bluetooth adapter, that transmits and FM station that transmits to my car radio.
I listen to Pandora, Siruis and my own personal music collection.
3G signal is excellent and streams flawlessly, but I'm in a semi-urban area.

> 1+hour of phone call usage, *some* breakups are noticed but actually improved over my other phone and I can still understand the other person clearly as well as what they're saying through the occasional intermittent breakups.

> Games. Who doesn't love games on their phone when they're waiting and bored out of their mind.
Lots of really great and surprising intellectual but fun games in the android market, most are free.

> Text messages - as far as I know there's no set limit on texts. I think I have over 500, the default app that comes with this phone is the best and works best for this phone. Other ones, even the popular text messaging apps do not work as well, even though they may have a few more features I found it wasn't worth the switch.
-- Very easy to text, easier than my other phones full keypad which was surprising. It autocorrects and tries to guess what you just typed in case you messed up a letter (or all of the letters).
Sometimes when I'm not looking at the phone (totally not when I'm driving, that'd just be irresponsible) I just punch around where I think the right letters are. I look down and it looks like a mess, but the phone guesses the correct word, and after I hit the space key, bam- fixed. Perfect, fast texting.

> Camera is quite excellent for a phone, and video is as well. Not something you want to shoot a movie in, but for quick snaps of friends or quick vids it's perfect.

----
Also I would recommend phone owners of this to buy an app that allows you to turn on GPS tracking and track your phone in case it's lost. I have a friend who lost his phone, used the app and it tracked it right to the guys house (actually was a beat down p.o.s. trailer) - police came in, got the phone back (found some other things), problem solved.

All in all, the name of this phone suits it well. It was modeled with the iPhone in mind, sure- but android is taking huge leaps and has surpassed Apple in several ways already, though respectively still a few steps behind in other areas.
For the things that matter, you can't go wrong with getting this phone.

Get a case, screen protector and extended battery.
You'll have one outstanding phone that you can organize your life, capture your life, and live your life.
Best of all, after the extended battery it truely lasts throughout the entire day.

I don't know what I would do without this technology, so many aspects of my life are bundled into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely has earned its solid reputation, December 20, 2010
Jbro87 "JB" (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
This is a very good smartphone. This is my 5th smartphone and I've had 3 different iPhones. This phone is very fast, has a decent camera and can meet all my needs. I am not thrilled about syncing all my stuff through gmail, but so far so good. The battery life is as bad as reported and yes, I know smartphones use them up. I've acclimated pretty quickly as to how to use it and not deplete the battery too fast. If you use the navigation app, surf the web and use Pandora at the same time, you'll burn it out in under 3 hours, but once you know this, you use what you need when you need it. I can get through a moderate day with a full night charge and then one mid-day charge and I'm okay with that. Speaking of the navigation, just wow. Free turn by turn navigation. I am also syncing my music with iTunes. Didn't know you could do that.

I had to move from my iPhone 4 and AT&T to Verizon for work and I thought it would stink, but I was wrong. I like to tinker and Android suits that just fine. And Verizon customer service is very good as well. Overall, for a free smartphone, I am extremely satisfied. And very surprised. I went through Amazon Wireless and spoke to them before purchase. Everything they said happened. I was able to buy the phone through Amazon and set up the plan I wanted with Verizon. In my area, they offer unlimited mobile to mobile on any network and this was not offered through the Amazon website. Got the phone, called Verizon and had that option put on my plan. If you have questions, call Amazon Wireless - they are pretty solid.

1/11/11 Update
I like the phone even more now. One feature of Froyo (Android 2.2) that no one knows or mentions, is that it will monitor how you use your phone and adjust certain features to maximize your battery. My battery life is now far better than when I first reviewed. I am still stunned at how happy I am with this phone. Is the iPhone 4 better? Yes. But this phone is so close, it doesn't matter to me. And for free? BTW - the processor in this phone is still regarded as one of the best - the 1Ghz Snapdragon. Also, a couple of tech blogs at the end of the year still said this was the best smartphone on Verizon - 7 months after launch.

3/27/11 Update
The battery on this is unacceptable. I've made excuses for it, but now I realize it's the weakest aspect of this phone. I unplug the phone from the charger when I leave work and with moderate use (2-3 texts, 2-3 phone calls, 5 minutes websurfing, 10 minutes navigation) I use up 90% of the battery. It's a huge shortfall of this phone. I have to think about it way too much and that's is a definite killer because the phone is ridiculous beyond that.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Smartphones in Verizon Wireless, December 11, 2010
Antar (Pittsburgh, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
This phone was my first smartphone, in my openion if a smartphone can't perform as a good phone, i.e
in making a good phone call then there is no need to get one. I tested many smartphones in the Verizon Wireless store and this
HTC Incredible was one of the few than can make a good clear phone call. Now regarding the smartphone features, the screen is very
responsive to the user, I did wish though the text font size can be changed to make the Text bigger size, however there is no way in
Android or the phone settings to do that, however there are some apps in the Market to do that. The Battery life could be made better
I did purchades the extended 1750 mh Battery and also I did some change in the settings to conserve the Battery:

1- Get an app such as the Juice Defender (Free) to control the Background Update.
2- Turn off the BlueTooth and WiFi, if not using it.
3- Turn Off GPS Services when not in use.
4- Reduce Screen Brigthness in the settings.
5- Turn off Background sync updates in the settings, THIS ONE WILL HAVE A BIG IMPACT ON BATTERY LIFE. And if you need to check somethings
like email or something you can turn it on.

Using the above settings. and when using the phone for 12 hours making phone calls and emails check and some internet use, the Battery will be still left with
about 60 % charge left after 12 hours. Using the battery that came with the phone and with similar use the battery will be 40% charge left.

Couple of points though if this is your first smartphone using Android OS, when setting Gmail the first Gmail acount you setup will be used by the phone and you will not be able to remove or change this email untill you Reset the phone to the factory default state, and also when you setup the first Gmail or any other Gmail
account, it will not be username/password protected, i.e if other person played with your phone he/she can read your Gmail emails, there are 2 ways to protect your
phone using a password:

1- You can set a password in the settings, so when the phone is locked and after unlocking it you have to enter a password, however the nice thing though
if the phone is locked and password protected and you got a phone call, then you need only to unlock the phone without entring a password to answer the phone
call, but you will not be able make a phone call unless you enter the password, you can make an emergency phone call when the phone is password protected.

2- You can protected a selected number of apps installed in the phone, by using an app from the Market, I used the "App Protecter" for 1.99 so if
protect the Gmail app, then when you select the Gmail app then you have to enter a password, any app installed in the phone ca be protected with the same
password, and you can any time remove the protection from a given app.

The phone camera is pretty good compared to other phones I used in the past.

You can connect the phone to a pc and copy files to/from the sd card (2GB) I am planning to get an 8 GB SD card so it can fit all the data files and mp3 files.

I still didn't have time to try all the apps/features for the phone yet, but the phone is a good phone and also HTC Tech support is one of the best tech support
I dealt with, when you call them for help about anything about the phone they really try their best to help you and solve the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite phone, November 26, 2010
This is hands down my favorite cell phone I've ever owned. The layout and controls are intuitive, well designed, and easy to use. The digital camera and video recording are superb. The mp3 management and playback are on par with my ipod. The google maps GPS can't be beat. The phone allowed me to ditch my:

Ipod
Flip cam
Garmin GPS
Garmin 305 hand held gps
Digital camera

I had the motodroid for 4 days before returning it for this phone, I make the same recommendation to everyone I talk to. Bravo to HTC.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, November 13, 2010
The only negative thing I can say about this phone is the stock battery is fairly weak. Other than that its just about the handiest thing I have ever bought. Everything works well, touchscreen is just right even with a plastic protector sheet on it. The speakerphone is very good- it picks up everything though so think about where you are using it; if you can hear it, this phone hears it too and sends it over the airwaves (Make sure you press End Call to avoid embarassing situations!). Speed is pretty good too, I can watch youtube and some video but it tends to get choppy if I am moving around a lot or if I am in a car. As far as toughness goes, I just slide it in my pocket and go about my day in the powerplant I work in. It seems to handle my climbing, leaning on things and all the other abuse I put it through. For phone reception I would say its really good too, there are areas where my old phone would get really choppy, this phone just doesn't even get phased by it. If it shipped with a better battery it would get a 5 star easily!

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›