5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, October 19, 2010
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
These phones have a lot going on. HTC has done a great job with the Incredible. The phone is freakishly fast. It's faster than my desktop. The battery get's slammed a lot but if you consider the amount of work the processor is doing and how fast it is doing it, it is acceptable. My girlfriend got the LG Ally so we could compare. I chose to stay with the Incredible. I gave up some battery for the faster speed.

I thought I was going to need the separate keyboard but I am fast now on the screen tap. That tech has come a long way. My email is gmail so all that was seamless. Switching back and forth from email accounts is faster with my phone than my laptop.

The camera is fine. It has a harder time taking good pictures than my purpose built camera. It has trouble with light sometimes. Some pictures are perfect. Video seems fine. Being able to instantly send pix and vids via email or text is priceless.

One thing I don't like about the Android phones is the unbelievable lack of control. You can't stop apps from starting up when they want to. Apps that are built in, you can't remoove. I've learned to closely monitor parts of the phone. I leave the location function off so the apps don't send out my location. I turn off the web when I'm not using it so the phone doesn't continually update apps. I use app killer to shut down apps that start themselves.

Skype is useless to me because Verizon does not allow its use with wifi. What?? That's how I use it in other countries.

With everything off, the battery is good for a couple of days. If I am using the internet heavily, it is good for a few hours. It's not a problem because I have a 110v usb charger for the house or when I'm near a computer and a 12v for the car. I went ahead and bought a larger battery. It is slightly bigger but fits in the same case. It came with it's own charger. I'm covered.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT!, October 4, 2010
Of course the battery isn't going too last that long in a smart phone. Other than that... LOVE IT! You have the world in the palm of your hands!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone. But no Verizon Navigator, August 6, 2010
I used to have Verizon Navigator on my old phone. I just bought the HTC Droid Incredible. I miss my Verizon Navigator. It is unavailble on the Droid Incredible. HTC decided to go with the Google Navigator (free), but there is no Syncing addresses from your online Google search to your phone. Unlike the VZ Navigator. There is no "recent" or "favorite" addresses. You have to use your contacts to store your addreses. Or do a voice search for the business or venue. But, once on the road it works great. The street view was excellent and turn by turn was competent. Text to voice turn by turn directions sounds like a droid robot but gets the job done. Once the address is dialed in its great. But thank God its still beta becuase the user interface needs some serious work. I didnt want get the Droid X because of its size but you don't get the VZ Navigator on this phone. Rather than that the phone is amazing. Its a battery hog, but from other reviews you already realize that. Also i have Wifi and with my Iphone Touch I get full signal bars in my house. But with the Droid Incredible as soon as I leave the room where my wireless router is I lose signal bars. I didn't notice any lag with downloading on Wifi but I thought it should be noted. Finally, its a good phone. And I love the HTC user interface. But in time with some upgrades and tweeks it could be a great phone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a while, but great phone, July 29, 2010
Amazon Customer (Drexel Hill, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the Incredible for about a month and a half now and love this phone. It took awhile though. It's my first smart phone. Using the phone is intuitive straight out of the box, but figuring out all you can do with this phone and the apps took me about a month. I can't believe all the things I can do with this phone. Music, GPS, Calendar, to do lists, Internet, read a book, games, take great pictures, text,Google Voice, the list goes on and on. The phone is fast and easily customizable to just about any user. Not sure how it compares to most other smart phones since I have not owned any, but I can say this is one incredible phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Droid Perfect? (Almost), July 16, 2010
Ok so I'm giving this device 5 starts but its no where near a perfect, but probably closer than any other device on the market today, in my opinion.

My opinion is slightly biased however. This is the first real nice phone I have ever owned. Im 26 and have had 2 phones my whole life but I finally decided to treat my self to something nice.

Anyway.. on to what I like about this device. Its more aesthetically appealing than any other phone on the market. It has one of much nicer screens. The camera is top notch for a phone camera. The camera is far from perfect but again for a phone camera its hard to compete with it. The speaker is amazing. Much louder than my friend's iPhone4. I could go on and on but I dont really want to get into all the technical stuff because im no expert.

People are going to say the Droid X is better but really I think it all comes down to personally preference.

So far the only con about the phone is the battery life. But everyone already knows this. There are small things you can do to improve the life but even still it's not all that great. 8 Hours for me but im constantly using the web, chatting on IM, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, July 7, 2010
I love this phone! It has a wicked fast processor, a great camera and best of all, it's on Verizon! No AT&T coverage issues or abysmal customer service to deal with. The Android app store is a bit quirky. Many apps have nearly incomprehensible descriptions and/or are priced in foreign currencies. Also, you have to use Google checkout, which some people don't like but it works well and isn't much of a problem if you already have an account as I do. The only other issue I have found is that most accessories that are marketed for this phone were really designed for iPhone and don't work properly with this phone. Hopefully, this situation will improve after the product has been on the market for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, June 30, 2010
This is my first Droid phone and I am now a fan. I previously owned an iPhone 3g. I changed providers due to poor reception and dropped calls with AT&T. The HTC Incredible is very fast and reception is great. At times the signal strength shows only 1 or 2 bars, yet I have had no call problems and web browsing is very quick. I have yet to drop a call (a daily occurrence on the iPhone)

HTC sense is fantastic software. Voice to text is also excellent. The phone is sleek and similar in size to the new iPhone 4. I carry the phone in my pocket and it fits well even with a case.

While the phone experience is indeed incredible I cannot say the same for the battery life. With moderate use I can make it through the day but with heavy use I require a charge. I recently purchased the slim Seidio 1750 mAH battery and so far it seems to have helped make it through the day on one charge with heavy use.

The Android app store is growing but it still cannot hold a candle to that of the iPhone. I hope that soon changes.

While the battery life and app store are not best in class I still believe I have found my new favorite phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE INDEED!, June 27, 2010
Lou (Staten Island, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I have had the Droid Incredible for a few weeks now and am simply amazed at how much it can do. Yes, the battery life is short when using the internet, apps, texting, etc. I charge it once a day, but I have a spare battery on hand at all times, so no big deal. The screen is super touch-sensitive, so it is easy to leave a screen you are working on if you even brush against it, but you quickly adjust to this. A free app, called Advanced Task Killer, allows you to turn off the many apps you are not using, including the internet, so that your battery life will last longer. I would highly recommend this app. The sound on the phone is crisp and clear, the display is very sharp and colorful, and the amount of apps available is also "incredible." I would highly recommend this phone, and for me personally, it is the best cell phone I have ever owned.

4.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible, June 14, 2010
H. Ahmad (St.Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
HTC Incredible

One of the better Verizon Android phone available (if you can get your hand on one of em). Screen is nice and bright (AMOLED), software is fast and responsive, thanks to 1GHZ processor and 748MB of ROM. Eight megapixel camera and dual LED flash is nice, but the quality of pictures were not impressive. 8GB of storage is decent. Battery life could've been better. The exposed camera lense in the rear is a major design flaw, it will be a scratch magnet. For mobile data hogs, Verizon offers unlimited data plan, which makes this phone a better buy when compared to smartphones (iPhone) on AT&T's 2GB data limit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but get a bigger battery, June 1, 2010
I use the HTC incredible as mini computer, GPS, Internet browser, calendar, compass, radar, trapster device, camera, video camera, calculator, barcode scanner, sky map, MP3 player, FM radio receiver, Mini TV... ah and don't forget! as a cellphone, so I expect this phone to use up battery at alarming rates. A bigger battery was warranted given this many features, other than than just HTC awesome

Update After 7 months:
To keep up with power demand I had to buy a Seidio 1750 Battery for $57, didn't even last for 8 hrs, so upgraded to the Seidio Battery 3500, for another $53 plus the protective cover for $31, this has to be the most expensive phone to own in the planet...
Great features but, I am sorry, I cannot afford to own one HTC phone on my next upgrade

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›