5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Great.. with one problem, September 28, 2010
Bill (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
The Incredible certainly has great features. I see the two key selling points vs. the iPhone are free turn-by-turn navigation and the ability to function as a mobile hotspot... great for my wifi-only iPad! Also, I was impressed by the performance, customizability, and selection of apps.

But... I just returned the phone because the battery life was horrible. With the extended battery, I was getting 5-7 hours. I found myself worrying throughout the day about where my battery stands and maybe I'm using the phone too much. The task killers, turning off features, uninstalling apps all had little impact. I'll reconsider when the phone solves bigger problems for me than it creates.

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE INDEED!, June 27, 2010
Amazon Customer (Staten Island, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I have had the Droid Incredible for a few weeks now and am simply amazed at how much it can do. Yes, the battery life is short when using the internet, apps, texting, etc. I charge it once a day, but I have a spare battery on hand at all times, so no big deal. The screen is super touch-sensitive, so it is easy to leave a screen you are working on if you even brush against it, but you quickly adjust to this. A free app, called Advanced Task Killer, allows you to turn off the many apps you are not using, including the internet, so that your battery life will last longer. I would highly recommend this app. The sound on the phone is crisp and clear, the display is very sharp and colorful, and the amount of apps available is also "incredible." I would highly recommend this phone, and for me personally, it is the best cell phone I have ever owned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but get a bigger battery, June 1, 2010
I use the HTC incredible as mini computer, GPS, Internet browser, calendar, compass, radar, trapster device, camera, video camera, calculator, barcode scanner, sky map, MP3 player, FM radio receiver, Mini TV... ah and don't forget! as a cellphone, so I expect this phone to use up battery at alarming rates. A bigger battery was warranted given this many features, other than than just HTC awesome

Update After 7 months:
To keep up with power demand I had to buy a Seidio 1750 Battery for $57, didn't even last for 8 hrs, so upgraded to the Seidio Battery 3500, for another $53 plus the protective cover for $31, this has to be the most expensive phone to own in the planet...
Great features but, I am sorry, I cannot afford to own one HTC phone on my next upgrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, July 7, 2010
I love this phone! It has a wicked fast processor, a great camera and best of all, it's on Verizon! No AT&T coverage issues or abysmal customer service to deal with. The Android app store is a bit quirky. Many apps have nearly incomprehensible descriptions and/or are priced in foreign currencies. Also, you have to use Google checkout, which some people don't like but it works well and isn't much of a problem if you already have an account as I do. The only other issue I have found is that most accessories that are marketed for this phone were really designed for iPhone and don't work properly with this phone. Hopefully, this situation will improve after the product has been on the market for some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Took a while, but great phone, July 29, 2010
Amazon Customer (Drexel Hill, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the Incredible for about a month and a half now and love this phone. It took awhile though. It's my first smart phone. Using the phone is intuitive straight out of the box, but figuring out all you can do with this phone and the apps took me about a month. I can't believe all the things I can do with this phone. Music, GPS, Calendar, to do lists, Internet, read a book, games, take great pictures, text,Google Voice, the list goes on and on. The phone is fast and easily customizable to just about any user. Not sure how it compares to most other smart phones since I have not owned any, but I can say this is one incredible phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible, June 14, 2010
H. Ahmad (St.Louis, MO) - See all my reviews
HTC Incredible

One of the better Verizon Android phone available (if you can get your hand on one of em). Screen is nice and bright (AMOLED), software is fast and responsive, thanks to 1GHZ processor and 748MB of ROM. Eight megapixel camera and dual LED flash is nice, but the quality of pictures were not impressive. 8GB of storage is decent. Battery life could've been better. The exposed camera lense in the rear is a major design flaw, it will be a scratch magnet. For mobile data hogs, Verizon offers unlimited data plan, which makes this phone a better buy when compared to smartphones (iPhone) on AT&T's 2GB data limit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HTC Incredible 3G Smart Phone, September 17, 2010
GoodToBeBob (Los Angeles, California, USA) - See all my reviews
After using it for hours, I was dumbfounded when my new HTC Incredible 3G Computer rang (oh yah, it's a phone too). Make sure you really want a high tech 3G touch screen phone. Two friends of mine only want a phone to make phone calls so I advised them not to buy it.

I love it but the battery is a major issue. They're at the limit of high power battery technology. So, to help save battery power, download the app ATKF to stop (kill) all the unnecessary apps from running. It only stops them from running, doesn't hurt anything. There are a lot of built in apps that can't be removed but can be killed (stopped).

Two extended batteries to consider buying are:

Seidio Innocell 1750 mA Battery (fits the same as the HTC OEM battery) for $41 on Amazon.
-I bought this one

Seidio Innocell 3500 mA Battery (thicker than the HTC OEM battery so it comes with a thicker back cover) for $53.94 on Amazon.

Please read the reviews before buying either battery.

Paid $201.38 total and shipping was free. Purchased on 07-06-2010 directly from Verizon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite phone, November 26, 2010
This is hands down my favorite cell phone I've ever owned. The layout and controls are intuitive, well designed, and easy to use. The digital camera and video recording are superb. The mp3 management and playback are on par with my ipod. The google maps GPS can't be beat. The phone allowed me to ditch my:

Ipod
Flip cam
Garmin GPS
Garmin 305 hand held gps
Digital camera

I had the motodroid for 4 days before returning it for this phone, I make the same recommendation to everyone I talk to. Bravo to HTC.

4.0 out of 5 stars incredible phone, May 31, 2010
as the name suggests, this phone is incredible. apps, internet, everything is fast fast fast. in fact, the only downside to this phone is in the software. the android keyboard needs a bit of work, but the big downer is the pre-installed bloatware that comes with the phone that you CANNOT UNINSTALL. this is rather shady because some of the apps try to ask for money and someone unfamiliar with all this might confuse it as some verizon related charge. VERY SHADY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, not so great battery, September 16, 2011
I've had the DINC for six months now. It's my first smartphone and I put a lot of research into it. I'm confident that it was the best phone on the market at the time I got it (obviously, it's outdated already but that's just the way of it). I love the phone. I don't like the huge tablet-esque screen sizes on phones these days so I love the size of this phone. It's small but the screen resolution still looks great. I don't care for the default application launcher on it so I'd recommend you download Launcher Pro or GO Launcher as a faster, more useful replacement.

The major downside is that with such a zippy processor, it goes through battery like it's going out of style. For a while I was only getting 12 hours of charge under moderate use (messaging, email, etc.), even with data use cut way back. My solution: root the phone and install Cyanogen Mod 7. It bumped my battery life up 6 hours without having to but a bulky replacement battery for $60. SetCPU has also helped some with battery life, but not as drastically as CM7. Rooting voids your warranty but I think it's worth it to make the phone more usable. I'd still recommend carrying a charger around with you so you never get caught with a dead phone though.

On that note, this phone is incredibly easy to root using Unrevoked. And Cyanogen Mod 7 is easy to install as well. I tend to mod and tweak everything I own and this phone lends itself to that very well.

TL;DR: I would absolutely buy this phone again, just wish the battery life was longer. But fixed that with a custom ROM called Cyanogen Mod 7.

‹ Previous | 16 7 820 | Next ›