5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 17 8 920 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but get a bigger battery, June 1, 2010
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I use the HTC incredible as mini computer, GPS, Internet browser, calendar, compass, radar, trapster device, camera, video camera, calculator, barcode scanner, sky map, MP3 player, FM radio receiver, Mini TV... ah and don't forget! as a cellphone, so I expect this phone to use up battery at alarming rates. A bigger battery was warranted given this many features, other than than just HTC awesome

Update After 7 months:
To keep up with power demand I had to buy a Seidio 1750 Battery for $57, didn't even last for 8 hrs, so upgraded to the Seidio Battery 3500, for another $53 plus the protective cover for $31, this has to be the most expensive phone to own in the planet...
Great features but, I am sorry, I cannot afford to own one HTC phone on my next upgrade

4.0 out of 5 stars incredible phone, May 31, 2010
as the name suggests, this phone is incredible. apps, internet, everything is fast fast fast. in fact, the only downside to this phone is in the software. the android keyboard needs a bit of work, but the big downer is the pre-installed bloatware that comes with the phone that you CANNOT UNINSTALL. this is rather shady because some of the apps try to ask for money and someone unfamiliar with all this might confuse it as some verizon related charge. VERY SHADY.

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible indeed, May 10, 2010
S. Wang (Jersey City, NJ) - See all my reviews
I preordered this phone from verizon and got it on Apr 29th. I really liked it.

Pros:
1. super fast. I can ran many (more than 10) apps and switch between them with no gap.
2. HTC sense is a very nice interface to integrate my google/facebook account (I don't have twitter, but I believe it would work seamlessly as well), so I could have all my contacts in one place with their phone numbers/emails/facebook accounts.
3. It is highly customizable (in a way much better than the iDon't). You can set up different profiles (background, volume, vibration, notification) for work, for home or anything else, and specify a switch time. So it would switch to vibrate and shut down wifi automatically when you go to work for example, and switch back and turn on wifi by the time you get home.
4. Big and beautiful screen.

Cons:
1. apps. I got almost everything I need. But I would hope to get more games like the titles iPhone got (e.g. plants vs zombies). Well, I think as the android momentum starts to build, more developers would be willing to write apps for android.
2. battery. that's the first biggest problem I notice. I guess since it runs at super power, it also consumes a lot of energy. I have to plug it with the charger right after I get home everyday. I am always very concerned about shutdown if I have used it heavily during the day. There is an app (something called "advanced task killer") that kills apps running on the background unnoticed. That will save you some battery. But it doesn't solve the problem completely. Innocell is selling a 1750mAh extended life battery. I am going to try that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone I Have Ever Owned, August 9, 2010
I really dig this phone. The widgets are cool and you can customize the phone the way you want. Be wary of the FaceBook widget as this does kill memory and battery life big time.

Cons:
1. Battery life sucks (I mean big time) A few minutes of play will take the battery down a bar. Seriously.
2. I live in a strange place between two mountains where in this rare instance ATT is better then Verizon. I had to buy a booster box to enhance the signal. (This is a con for me personally not everyone)
3. When I download a ringtone to a specific user, it is then hard to re-use for an alarm or another user. I haven't totally figured this out yet but it is far less intuitive then say the Palm Pre. You cannot set the ringtone from editing the user. It should let you browse to any ringtone, but it only brings up the ones that came with the phone.
4. No Swype? Not sure why not..I tried installing it, no success.
5. The weather widget in my area is rarely accurate. It always thinks I am in Beverly Hills when I am near Malibu.
6. Couldn't sync up my yahoo account.

Pros:
1. Fast phone
2. Once the interface is understood (takes some time), it is very powerful.
3. Predictive text. Which is one of the reasons I left the Palm Pre. Also, I hated the Palm's keyboard.
4. Good app catalog. Granted not as large as iPhone, but it is getting impressive.
5. Google sky is awesome. Imagine this in an Astronomy class!
6. once in a good zone, internet is quite fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible, August 5, 2010
Amazon stated they would deliver this phone faster than I could get it thru Verizon store.
They did, and got it in time for vacation. This is my first smart phone and it was so easy to learn how to use it. Recommend this phone to everyone!! My kids were impressed when they saw the apps and what it can do. For once I have out done my kids. Used the Google map feature on vacation (a lot). My husband got where he would not even look at his map. He would just ask 'where am I? and where do I need to go?' when he got lost. The internet access, facebook, weather...what can I say...I love it all!!! Would not take a trip without it now. Would recommend new HTC smart phone users to go on the internet and watch the videos on the phone. That is the best way to learn what apps you want to use. Would only load the apps that you really need.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Buy, July 4, 2010
This is the best phone by far. I love how its set up. There are so many apps just like the Iphone but better, plus the signal coverage is tremendous. The battery could be better but with the battery saver app it gives me 2 extra hours of battery. The 8 megapixel camera takes amazing photos and lets you upload them straight to your favorite website. The calling feature, in my opinion, could be better but is not bad. Messaging is a blast! the qwerety touch keyboard is easy to use, has word prediction, spell check, and the calabration tool makes it even easier for my giant fingers. If youre thinking about buying it DO IT! you will not regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 Hour Battery Life, August 11, 2010
I like it better than my iPhone 3GS with one exception, battery life. Buy an extra battery or portable charger because this phone will leave you stranded after three hours of normal use in a strange city or in a business meeting. I run from outlet to outlet. What a pain. I have no idea where HTC came up with their estimates of battery life. For the experiences of actual owners just read the reviews under spare batteries for the Droid Incredible. Other than that it is a fast and powerful Android phone with an awesome display. HTC supports their products well when there is a problem, too.

UPDATE 2011/02/16: Battery performance has markedly improved into the six hour range. I assume due to over-the-air updates to the operating system. Initially I rated it as 3 stars, but I am bumping it up to 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Smartphone, July 9, 2010
This phone is great. I've had it for a month now and love it. The Android operating system is great. I love how you can sync your google contacts and the amount of apps available for the phone. The speed is amazing! Very few application have any "loading" period and there is never any lag. It does get hot when charging sometimes, but it doesnt really matter to me. I am officially sold on DROID Incredible

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for its time, April 27, 2012
I acquired an HTC Incredible in late 2010 as my first smart phone. It was an impressive performer for me over two years, and other people were impressed by it. Even iPhone people were impressed by it. The neat things about it are well described in these reviews. I got a lot of utility out of the Incredible.

There are at least two persistent problems related to this model that would probably stop most shoppers from buying it if they had forehand knowledge.

Biggest problem is that a heavily used Incredible frequently throws a low phone disk space alert. When this alert is active the phone works but gmail, android mail, and facebook apps won't sync. The phone was built with plenty of memory, so it's no doubt a software problem ultimately traceable to Android 2.2. And there's a decent workaround, which is to clear caches and manage apps often. But the whole experience was aggravating over the course of several months. A real upgrade fix within 2.2 or 2.3 was never offered.

Second thing is these handsets have rear speakers that tend to go bad. So common it is that the speaker is abundantly available on the retail market as an inexpensive spare part. The part availability is not a bad thing. But most people won't have the wherewithal to perform that fix when the Incredible breaks down.

Nonetheless, it was a good phone for its time in the smartphone era. Most people got good service from it. Give it a 4.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device, with a few qualms., April 12, 2011
The HTC Droid Incredible suffers from split personalities; , while it is a terrific device for smartphone/multimedia usage, it's performance as a phone was somewhat disappointing.

Pros:
- The Droid Incredible is just the right size. The device is large enough to allow for a proper smartphone experience, yet not large enough to become a cumbersome burden on a daily basis.
- HTC's software perfectly complements the Android OS. The Sense software overlay is both practical and visually appealing, especially in contrast to the stock Android software, which is quite spartan in comparison.
- Typing messages and e-mails was a breeze with the on-screen keyboard. I didn't experience any lag while typing, and the inclusion of a period and comma button on the first layer of the keyboard was very helpful.
- The phone's spec sheet points out that the hardware packs plenty of horsepower, and indeed I didn't experience any lag while performing functions with the device, including multi-tasking.
- Push e-mail was every bit as reliable as any Blackberry with the G-Mail app. The standard e-mail app syncs every fifteen minutes, which is more than bearable for most users.
- Web browsing on the device was speedy, and the browser rarely stalled on any webpage. In two weeks of usage, the web browser failed to load a page only twice, which is remarkable when considering how much I used it. Download speeds were pretty good over Verizon's network; I averaged 800-1200 kbps down and 500-900 up.
- Android Market has plenty of apps to increase productivity and occupy time; but my past Android phones were slow to load and install apps. The Droid Incredible downloaded and installed apps with impressive speed.
- If your into aesthetic appeal, the device is attractive and professional looking.

Cons:
- As mentioned, while the Droid Incredible was an outstanding device, it was a mediocre phone based on my experience. Call quality was the worst i've ever experienced on any Verizon phone. It was nearly as bad as any At&t phone i've used in my area (and At&t has notoriously poor call quality in this region). I'd grade the call quality roughly six out of ten, give and take half a point depending on location. At times, the phone sounded fine, and during others, sounded like the other person was talking through a sheet of wax paper. There was some muffling, and roughly one of every twelve to fifteen syllables was lost in the transmission. If your looking for a phone with great call quality, I really can't recommend this one.
- It should be noted that the topic of the Droid Incredible's call quality has been heavily discussed online. Some users like myself experienced poor call quality, others achieved the opposite result. While I acknowledge my particular device could have been a "lemon," your probably taking a fifty/fifty chance on call quality if you purchase this one.
- The Droid Incredible exhibited Blackberry-esque signal bounce. The device gets good reception, but the cellular antenna is very sensitive. When I didn't hold the device at the top, reception would fluctuate as much as as 23db.
- An eccentric characteristic of the Droid Incredible is that it's stock signal indicator didn't seem to work. A quick download of the RealSignal app from Android Market was a painless fix to the problem, but in 2011, this shouldn't have been a problem to begin with.
- Battery life is a little below average for a smartphone. It's acceptable if you properly condition the battery during the first 5-7 days of usage; after that time, I noticed my battery life almost doubled. However, it was still slightly sub-par after conditioning.

The HTC Droid Incredible gets four stars for two reasons; Amazon won't let me give it a 3.5 rating, and the device shines where it was designed to shine. It offers a great smartphone and multimedia experience, and I recognize that many within the phone's target audience won't actually be averaging the two hours of calling per day that I do. I'd recommend the phone to those who average fewer than twenty minutes of calling per day, and who don't mind carrying around a car charger or spare charger and possibly an extra battery. Unfortunately, if your looking for a smartphone on Verizon with a screen larger than 3.2 inches but smaller than 4.3, there aren't a lot of other options available.

‹ Previous | 17 8 920 | Next ›