5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 17 8 920 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite phone, November 26, 2010
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
This is hands down my favorite cell phone I've ever owned. The layout and controls are intuitive, well designed, and easy to use. The digital camera and video recording are superb. The mp3 management and playback are on par with my ipod. The google maps GPS can't be beat. The phone allowed me to ditch my:

Ipod
Flip cam
Garmin GPS
Garmin 305 hand held gps
Digital camera

I had the motodroid for 4 days before returning it for this phone, I make the same recommendation to everyone I talk to. Bravo to HTC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy ****!, May 22, 2010
Who Cares? (Lost in my own little world.) - See all my reviews
I was a die-hard BlackBerry fanboy for a long time so suffice it to say, it was difficult for me to make the move to a non-BB device. But, since doing so, I have been so much happier. My biggest complaint about BB's was the speed. I've always been picky about having an actual keyboard and such but since getting the Incredible, I've not had one problem making the transition.

This phone smokes the competition. I can't comment for the iPhone but I do have the iPod Touch and this thing is much more friendly than the iPod and the browsing speed is much faster and reliable. I know there are going to be die-hard Apple folks out there who don't want to read anything about their beloved iPhone's getting some competition but it is here and in the form of the Incredible!

There aren't as many apps as there are through iTunes but most of the popular ones are available for this phone. I had AT&T and after they screwed me over one too many times I switched to VZW and haven't looked back. I can't say enough good things about this phone.

Cons: Battery life. That's it! However, I knew about the battery life before I bought it so I knew what I was getting into. For those out there who are going to bash this device for the battery life alone, well, do your research first. If you know about it ahead of time, you're better prepared for it when you notice you have to charge it with moderate to heavy use during the day. I recommend installing Advanced Task Killer if you buy this phone. It's free through the Droid Market.

Battery life aside, this is a great phone! Fast and full of features.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone I Have Ever Owned, August 9, 2010
I really dig this phone. The widgets are cool and you can customize the phone the way you want. Be wary of the FaceBook widget as this does kill memory and battery life big time.

Cons:
1. Battery life sucks (I mean big time) A few minutes of play will take the battery down a bar. Seriously.
2. I live in a strange place between two mountains where in this rare instance ATT is better then Verizon. I had to buy a booster box to enhance the signal. (This is a con for me personally not everyone)
3. When I download a ringtone to a specific user, it is then hard to re-use for an alarm or another user. I haven't totally figured this out yet but it is far less intuitive then say the Palm Pre. You cannot set the ringtone from editing the user. It should let you browse to any ringtone, but it only brings up the ones that came with the phone.
4. No Swype? Not sure why not..I tried installing it, no success.
5. The weather widget in my area is rarely accurate. It always thinks I am in Beverly Hills when I am near Malibu.
6. Couldn't sync up my yahoo account.

Pros:
1. Fast phone
2. Once the interface is understood (takes some time), it is very powerful.
3. Predictive text. Which is one of the reasons I left the Palm Pre. Also, I hated the Palm's keyboard.
4. Good app catalog. Granted not as large as iPhone, but it is getting impressive.
5. Google sky is awesome. Imagine this in an Astronomy class!
6. once in a good zone, internet is quite fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I have ever had!, November 11, 2010
I have had no bad experiences with this phone with he exception of the one time the HTC sense forced closed on me but with a quick reboot the phone was back and working in no time :D this phone is great and I would buy it again in a heart beat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, exceeds expectations, June 23, 2010
I was torn between the Incredible, a new Blackberry Tour or Bold, and the iPhone 4g. After lots of research I landed on the Incredible and am very happy I did. I had the Eris prior to this and while it did show potential, it was slow and couldn't seem to handle all the music I loaded onto it. The Incredible handles everything I throw at it extremely well - it's ridiculously fast and smooth. The Market is constantly growing and I personally like it's future much more than Apple's app store. There are a ton of great apps that are completely free. Within a day of getting it I'm already using my Incredible as a GPS, iPod, phone, great camera, calendar device, game console, golf course yardage tool, and more. I paid nearly full retail but believe this phone is worth it. I was also able to cancel my $60/month backup internet service and tether with this phone instead! Just a great device - no problems to report yet (although like I said, haven't used it long).

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT!, October 4, 2010
Of course the battery isn't going too last that long in a smart phone. Other than that... LOVE IT! You have the world in the palm of your hands!

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible, August 5, 2010
Amazon stated they would deliver this phone faster than I could get it thru Verizon store.
They did, and got it in time for vacation. This is my first smart phone and it was so easy to learn how to use it. Recommend this phone to everyone!! My kids were impressed when they saw the apps and what it can do. For once I have out done my kids. Used the Google map feature on vacation (a lot). My husband got where he would not even look at his map. He would just ask 'where am I? and where do I need to go?' when he got lost. The internet access, facebook, weather...what can I say...I love it all!!! Would not take a trip without it now. Would recommend new HTC smart phone users to go on the internet and watch the videos on the phone. That is the best way to learn what apps you want to use. Would only load the apps that you really need.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Buy, July 4, 2010
This is the best phone by far. I love how its set up. There are so many apps just like the Iphone but better, plus the signal coverage is tremendous. The battery could be better but with the battery saver app it gives me 2 extra hours of battery. The 8 megapixel camera takes amazing photos and lets you upload them straight to your favorite website. The calling feature, in my opinion, could be better but is not bad. Messaging is a blast! the qwerety touch keyboard is easy to use, has word prediction, spell check, and the calabration tool makes it even easier for my giant fingers. If youre thinking about buying it DO IT! you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gadget I ever owned !, June 27, 2010
This is arguable with the best gadget I ever bought. Completely changed my life style.This phone is a mini-computer, camcoder, phone ,music player and offcourse wireless phone packed in a tiny capsule. HTC Sense UI on top of Android is far better than the one comes with latest iPhone4 . The sad part is , poor apple fan boys don't know that yet. Apart from the UI & usability, the feature I like most is speech recognition . This works amazingly accurate and is much faster than typing.
I wish the battery life is bit longer. I have to charge the phone everyday.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 Hour Battery Life, August 11, 2010
I like it better than my iPhone 3GS with one exception, battery life. Buy an extra battery or portable charger because this phone will leave you stranded after three hours of normal use in a strange city or in a business meeting. I run from outlet to outlet. What a pain. I have no idea where HTC came up with their estimates of battery life. For the experiences of actual owners just read the reviews under spare batteries for the Droid Incredible. Other than that it is a fast and powerful Android phone with an awesome display. HTC supports their products well when there is a problem, too.

UPDATE 2011/02/16: Battery performance has markedly improved into the six hour range. I assume due to over-the-air updates to the operating system. Initially I rated it as 3 stars, but I am bumping it up to 4 stars.

‹ Previous | 17 8 920 | Next ›