5.0 out of 5 stars Buy the HTC Droid Incredible!
I've had this phone since April 28th and I'm actually rewriting my original review using my HTC Incredible as my laptop's internet connection via EasyTether Lite (free). I must say I'm really impressed with this phone. It's super fast, good looking, and customizable. It's a treat to finally have a great phone paired with a great network!

Update September 1st...
Published on April 29, 2010 by C. Moberg

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 defective Droid Incredible phones in 6 months!
I bought my first Droid Incredible in April 2010. I absolutely loved it, but then the speaker broke. Verizon sent me a refurbished Incredible phone for free in accordance with the warranty. This 2nd phone was defective: the phone unloaded the memory card every 1-2 days. To get it working, I had to remove the protective cover, remove the phone back cover, remove the card,...
Published on October 3, 2010 by B. Lee

‹ Previous | 18 9 1020 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery hog is a lot of fun!, November 29, 2010
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
The title about says it all. Battery consumption is crazy, (especially if you work like I do in a high interference area where phones are often looking for signal)but that is largely because there is so much to do with this cool phone that it is hard to leave it on stand by waiting for of all things a phone call.

There are tons of free applications to keep you busy, as well as 3G connection to get internet and fairly large screen to see the net on. You can use any song in your library as a ringer and there are free apps to help you edit those ringers. It took me a few days to figure out how to use all the features of the phone, but you may be smarter than me and not have the issues. My only gripe other than the battery life (which I fixed by buying an after market extended life battery) is the virtual key board is hard to work with my old hands, but younger folks will probably be perfectly happy with at least the horizontal keyboard which is pretty big.

By the way the camera is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does EXACTLY what I need and more, November 25, 2010
I'm a Financial Planner and I'm out of the office frequently. I needed a device that would be able to access all my cloud-based applications (hosted exchange, some other web-based items) seamlessly. This phone does that easily.

I like the Verizon network, and was going to wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon. I can honestly say the Incredible has met or exceeded every expectation I've had for the phone. I've used other peoples' iPhones as well, and this phone is every bit as good. If you're holding off on buying this phone because you're waiting for the iPhone, don't waste your time. Get this phone.

Pros:
Beautiful screen. PLENTY of apps in the Android Marketplace. Plays Flash videos (iPhone doesn't). Good speaker phone. Fits well in the hand, good dimensions. Good camera. Lightning fast (faster than my laptop, but that's 6 years old). Overall, a very good device.

Cons:
Battery life could be better, but it's not killing me. I can use it all day, but need to charge it EVERY night without exception.

Good device. Should have bought it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product... fast shipping, October 3, 2010
I returned the Droid II and got the incredible... I love the incredible and have no regrets. Exchanging the phone through amazone wireless was a breeze. I will likely buy my phones off amazon wireless from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Phone I Have Ever Owned, August 9, 2010
I really dig this phone. The widgets are cool and you can customize the phone the way you want. Be wary of the FaceBook widget as this does kill memory and battery life big time.

Cons:
1. Battery life sucks (I mean big time) A few minutes of play will take the battery down a bar. Seriously.
2. I live in a strange place between two mountains where in this rare instance ATT is better then Verizon. I had to buy a booster box to enhance the signal. (This is a con for me personally not everyone)
3. When I download a ringtone to a specific user, it is then hard to re-use for an alarm or another user. I haven't totally figured this out yet but it is far less intuitive then say the Palm Pre. You cannot set the ringtone from editing the user. It should let you browse to any ringtone, but it only brings up the ones that came with the phone.
4. No Swype? Not sure why not..I tried installing it, no success.
5. The weather widget in my area is rarely accurate. It always thinks I am in Beverly Hills when I am near Malibu.
6. Couldn't sync up my yahoo account.

Pros:
1. Fast phone
2. Once the interface is understood (takes some time), it is very powerful.
3. Predictive text. Which is one of the reasons I left the Palm Pre. Also, I hated the Palm's keyboard.
4. Good app catalog. Granted not as large as iPhone, but it is getting impressive.
5. Google sky is awesome. Imagine this in an Astronomy class!
6. once in a good zone, internet is quite fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Incredible, August 5, 2010
Amazon stated they would deliver this phone faster than I could get it thru Verizon store.
They did, and got it in time for vacation. This is my first smart phone and it was so easy to learn how to use it. Recommend this phone to everyone!! My kids were impressed when they saw the apps and what it can do. For once I have out done my kids. Used the Google map feature on vacation (a lot). My husband got where he would not even look at his map. He would just ask 'where am I? and where do I need to go?' when he got lost. The internet access, facebook, weather...what can I say...I love it all!!! Would not take a trip without it now. Would recommend new HTC smart phone users to go on the internet and watch the videos on the phone. That is the best way to learn what apps you want to use. Would only load the apps that you really need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Smartphone, July 9, 2010
This phone is great. I've had it for a month now and love it. The Android operating system is great. I love how you can sync your google contacts and the amount of apps available for the phone. The speed is amazing! Very few application have any "loading" period and there is never any lag. It does get hot when charging sometimes, but it doesnt really matter to me. I am officially sold on DROID Incredible

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Buy, July 4, 2010
This is the best phone by far. I love how its set up. There are so many apps just like the Iphone but better, plus the signal coverage is tremendous. The battery could be better but with the battery saver app it gives me 2 extra hours of battery. The 8 megapixel camera takes amazing photos and lets you upload them straight to your favorite website. The calling feature, in my opinion, could be better but is not bad. Messaging is a blast! the qwerety touch keyboard is easy to use, has word prediction, spell check, and the calabration tool makes it even easier for my giant fingers. If youre thinking about buying it DO IT! you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best gadget I ever owned !, June 27, 2010
This is arguable with the best gadget I ever bought. Completely changed my life style.This phone is a mini-computer, camcoder, phone ,music player and offcourse wireless phone packed in a tiny capsule. HTC Sense UI on top of Android is far better than the one comes with latest iPhone4 . The sad part is , poor apple fan boys don't know that yet. Apart from the UI & usability, the feature I like most is speech recognition . This works amazingly accurate and is much faster than typing.
I wish the battery life is bit longer. I have to charge the phone everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, exceeds expectations, June 23, 2010
I was torn between the Incredible, a new Blackberry Tour or Bold, and the iPhone 4g. After lots of research I landed on the Incredible and am very happy I did. I had the Eris prior to this and while it did show potential, it was slow and couldn't seem to handle all the music I loaded onto it. The Incredible handles everything I throw at it extremely well - it's ridiculously fast and smooth. The Market is constantly growing and I personally like it's future much more than Apple's app store. There are a ton of great apps that are completely free. Within a day of getting it I'm already using my Incredible as a GPS, iPod, phone, great camera, calendar device, game console, golf course yardage tool, and more. I paid nearly full retail but believe this phone is worth it. I was also able to cancel my $60/month backup internet service and tether with this phone instead! Just a great device - no problems to report yet (although like I said, haven't used it long).

5.0 out of 5 stars Productive phone, June 21, 2010
Pat (Show Low, AZ, United States) - See all my reviews
No idea how I survived without this amazing tool. Granted about 90% of its usefulness is the apps, but they wouldn't exist without the phone.

On an important note, Verizon has done an excellent job establishing its online customer service features. Not to mention their phone-in customer service is incredible. Not only do they keep asking what else they can fix, but everybody who answers the CS line knows how to solve mostly anything.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1020 | Next ›