5.0 out of 5 stars works great!!
Published on May 1, 2012 by edgar

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so incredible.
When I received the phone I thought it was in good shape, but I have immense difficulty when it comes to calls. I can't hear people and they can't hear me. Half the time the conversation is, "Can you hear me now?"

I won't even get started with the battery. Go ahead, turn off the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and turn off syncing. Download a battery saver. Download a task...
Published on February 14, 2012 by Ixaphia

5.0 out of 5 stars works great!!, May 1, 2012
edgar (hudson valley ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone Black (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
htc droid incredible is a nice upgrade from the htc eris i used for two years, i like to buy the phones new out of contract once they become slightly outdated , they still work great but i don't pay full price or get locked in. so far the incredible has been very reliable and easy to use, battery life is just fine , i use the advanced app killer all the time. so far so good, i think one thing people fail to remember is that these are phones with small batteries that some ask to do the things of a laptop all day that has a battery 100x the size . realistic expectations are required and you will be satisfied with your smart phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the Droid You're Looking For, December 19, 2012
C. Kiefer (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
I've had my HTC Incredible since December 2010, and after 2 full years, it's still going as strong as the day I got it (as of December 2012). I think it's been a long enough "trial period" for me to finally write a review about it.

This was my first "smart" phone, and I am really impressed how long it's lasted. Honestly, it looks and works exactly as it did two years ago. Sure, the screen gets fingerprints like all smartphones, but this phone seems to have a natural resistance to scratches. I've had no need to buy any extra protective accessories. The rubberized backside I'm sure is a major reason why I rarely drop it. Also, it is one of the few smartphones these days that still fits comfortably in one's pocket (measures 2-1/4" x 4-5/8").

I've gotten to know this phone pretty well. I can easily unclip the back cover and take out the battery or access the microSD card. A few months ago I upgraded the card to an 8GB--it installed automatically without a hitch. When I'm not listening to mp3s, I often listen to the radio--whose reception is based on the size of the headphones you clip in.

As for the battery life, it takes some management and some common sense:

1) all cell phones boost their output power in response to a weak signal from the cell towers. If you're out of range, just go into airplane mode (by holding the off button for 2 seconds).

2) If you're indoors turn the screen brightness down. HTC has a built-in widget for this setting. Just add it to a home screen.

3) Use Wi-Fi instead of 3G internet. Many people don't know what a huge difference this makes. Using Wi-Fi uses a small fraction of the power that 3G uses. It is counter-intuitive, but connecting via Wi-Fi (where available) actually helps extend daily battery life. There are HTC built-in widgets to toggle both Wi-Fi and 3G on/off.

My phone can remain on for a couple of days if I just carry it around to check the time, which I think is on par with other phones of similar size. Android has had auto updates over the last couple of years that I think help the phone run more efficiently.

Here's the bottom line: This phone has gotten me through my two-year Verizon contract. It still looks great, it still holds a charge very well, and still does everything I need it to do. What more could I ask for? I didn't know much about HTC before, but I am pleasantly surprised. They've earned my trust with this phone, and I'll definitely consider HTC again for my next phone. I am eligible to upgrade now, but I think I'll hold onto this little guy a while longer while I enjoy the rest of my unlimited 3G data plan while I can.

4.0 out of 5 stars A sturdy 3G smartphone still running strong after 21 months, March 3, 2012
B. Janusch (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I pre-ordered this phone and got it the day it came out in April 2010. Since day one it has been a reliable phone that gets strong signal here in Phoenix. 21 months later I upgraded to a new dual-core, 4G phone only because I got the upgrade for free. I was more than ready to stay with my Incredible for even longer. The phone wasn't perfect and there were 2 clear downs to it. The first being the brightness of the screen. It was not very useful outside. This was common in all of the 1st generation AMOLED screens. Second, 3.7" is the absolute minimum screen size for a usable phone. The phone I switched to is 4.3" and there is a noticible difference. That said, the phone never gave me trouble. It could play all early generation games, was great on WiFi and 3G alike, and came with a sturdy Sense skin from HTC that I loved. On the extended battery I got an easy 18 hours of battery life, which was more than enough.

For someone looking for a way to make a cheap entry into Android smartphones, picking up one of these used would be a great idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, February 2, 2013
I was nervous when ordering this phone since I have always gottoen my phones from the Verizon store but have had no problems. works great. real happy. received on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This phone works great on Page Plus, May 7, 2013
Had problems finding a phone that works on Page Plus. So I ordered this phone because I had one before on their network and I knew it works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like my HTC Incredible., May 22, 2012
T. Walker "NVMT" (Henderson, NV USA) - See all my reviews
It works for me. I use it obviously for a phone, for email, texting, Twitter, Facebook, Words with Friends, camera, as a PDA. I got an extra battery, but I really do not have a problem with the battery. Perhaps with a day of heavy use. I just got it because of the reviews about battery life. I even have the live wallpaper, which does not seem to affect the battery life. It is not the newest phone out, so I am sure there is better, but to buy a phone to be contract free, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has been the most dependable Android phone I've used, October 20, 2011
In a small office, we've used the Droid X, HTC Rhyme and Thunderbolt (which has a terrible battery) but surprisingly enough, the Incredible has been the most reliable performer !
The phone has been fast, the screen has been sharp since we've had it, the battery has been great too! I'm kinda surprised that the manufacturers didn't stick with these internal components.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I have ever owned, August 8, 2013
Kindle Customer (Chatsworth, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best phone I have ever owned. I have had it since the release date in April 2010. I don't plan on getting a new phone as of August 2013. I will think about it at the 4 year anniversary.

Pros:
Fast
Small (fits in pocket)
great battery life (still get 24 hours+, typical in the past for me was about 48 hours, mild usage)
great buy, haven't shelled out money on new phones every year or two.

Cons:
Had low memory warning, it is irritating. Solution is to always move applications to the SD, all of them. You never know what one is going to create the error.

Hands down though this is absolutely the best phone I have ever owned. All my friends that have owned one say the same thing. It is a rock solid phone and should be put into the mobile phone hall of fame.

5.0 out of 5 stars Droid incredible, May 10, 2012
This phone arrived on time from the seller, as described and everything. The phone is exactly what I needed for my new job. The camera is good, it takes great pictures. The screen looks good and has good clarity. The phone is hard to bog down using a number of different apps. The only downside is that the battery took a while to charge (I charged it for about 18 hours yesterday and it got full, but that might be because it was new). All in all, a great phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars New phone, August 12, 2012
Lost my blackberry so decided to get a droid. Bought an HTC Incredible. Listed as "used" when I opened the package, it was still in the original box! And it came right on time. Verison activated it for free so I was able to keep my plan the same. All is good!

Rate and Discover Movies