One of the first smartphones to run on AT&T's ultra-fast 4G mobile broadband network, the Android-powered HTC Inspire 4G features a gorgeous, extra-large 4.3-inch Super LCD touchscreen, and a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor to make quick work of all your social networking, image and video uploads, and e-mail replies. With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network.
Enjoy ultra-fast 4G mobile broadband speeds and AT&T Mobile Hotspot capabilities (see larger image).
The Inspire 4G also offers the next-generation HTC Sense user interface experience, which includes quicker startup times from hibernation mode as well as a consolidated view of your favorite social networking sites. You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal.
Equal parts speed and beauty, the Inspire 4G is constructed from a single piece of aluminum and includes an 8-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash that can also capture video in HD resolution (720p). With an included Blockbuster app, you'll be able to instantly view movies over Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connections and enjoy stunning audio via the integrated speakers with Dolby Mobile + SRS WOW HD surround sound.
Other features include a 4 GB internal memory, supplied 8 GB microSD memory card, Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, DLNA certification for wireless media streaming to other devices, and up to 6 hours of talk time.
The FriendStream social networking consolidated view (see larger image).
Android Operating System
The Inspire 4G runs the latest Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the Inspire 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The Inspire 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
HTC Sense Mobile Experience
With the next generation of the popular HTC Sense mobile experience, the HTC Inspire 4G automatically delivers your most-wanted information to your screen. It offers even more ways to stay connected--including FriendStream, which delivers Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr updates in a consolidated view. And you'll be able to pinpoint the location of a lost phone on a map, send a command to make the phone sound an alert--even while on "silent" mode--through the htcsense.com web site. If needed, you can also remotely wipe all of the phone's data with a single command in addition to forwarding calls and text messages to a different number.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network (with enhanced backhaul). See more about AT&T's 4G service below)
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- USB tethering for connecting a PC to your phone's 3G/4G cellular connection.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
| || |
OS & Software
- Android 2.2 operating system (Froyo) with over-the-air upgrade capability for future OS releases
- eReader app with access to over 2 million book titles
- BLOCKBUSTER app enables you to discover and download the latest movie rentals on the go.
- DLNA capabilities enables you to share your photo albums, videos and movies wirelessly with a compatible HDTV or other DLNA device
Design and Hardware
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work
- 4.3-inch Super LCD display with capacitive multi-touch capabilities, proximity sensor, and light sensor (480 x 800 pixels)
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard
Communications & Internet
- Easy access to social networking via HTC Sense including updates from Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail (including support for Exchange and push Gmail)
- HTML Web browser (WebKit-based) with support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for accessing Flash-enabled websites, watching video and playing games.
- 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash plus auto focus, face detection, and geo-tagging
- HD 720p video capture capabilities (1280 x 720 pixels)
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, XviD
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby Mobile + SRS WOW HD surround sound enhancement
- 4 GB internal memory
- Included 8 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Micro USB 2.0 port with mass storage capabilities
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
The HTC Inspire 4G weighs 5.78 ounces and measures 4.84 x 2.68 x 0.46 inches. Its 1230 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 372 hours (15.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 4G network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
HTC Inspire 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 8 GB SD card, USB cable, quick start guide
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
Coming later in 2011, AT&T will deliver a second layer of 4G network called LTE (Long Term Evolution) that is even faster than HSPA+ speeds.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.