5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the iPhone 4 ?
I don't write many reviews for products that I buy, but this product deserves some recognition. In a few words: It is amazing. I love many things about this phone that I may have to list the pros and cons...I think I will actually do just that:

Pros

Large screen

The screen, measured diagonally, is about 4.3". This is very large. If you...
Published on March 3, 2011 by Brad

3.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad and the ugly
My background: have used Blackberries for as long as I can remember, use the phone mostly to keep in touch with work email, occasional web surfingl

The good:
- screen size noticeable bigger than IPhone, though not as sharp looking
- I love the Android OS and the availability of apps on the Android market. Took a little bit of getting used...
Published on July 29, 2011 by Lazar

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply HTCmazing, May 6, 2011
This review is from: HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
i been an htc user ever since 8125 came out. i got the 8125 2 years after it came out and it lasted me 5 years or more. what can i say its my fault that i broke that phone. but i couldve kept it alive if i were to take better care of it. now this phone THE HTC INSPIRE. just like bruno mars song just the way you are. INSPIRE IS AMAZING JUST THE WAY IT IS. I call this the iPhone killer simply coz i hate iphones every since then. the iPhone4 was ok but not too thrilled about it. i had the htc tilt 2 on sight until i found this phone for a good price. instead of buying the tilt 2 which is more for business ppl i was like, i dont need that this fits me and its HTC the best smartphone pda cellphone maker out there.

pro's: everything from features to camera to apps and all that other good stuff.

con's: battery life is ok but not the best. No front camera as ppl complain. wifi sometimes kinda short ranged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Capable at Price Point, August 14, 2011
The HTC Inspire is a great phone at only $100 in many places, well worth the price with the exception of a few negligible details and quirks. I'd recommend purchasing it.

Use
The Android Market is easy to use and once you have your applications organized it's fairly simple. One of the most enjoyable features is the search function, which is one of the four main buttons on the front of the phone (the others being 'Home' 'Menu' and 'Back'). In almost every application or setting you can hit the search button to immediately query the phone or program for an item or function you're looking to do. Very handy.

If I had one large complaint about the HTC Inspire 4G it would be the keyboard function. When trying to place a cursor between areas of text to select or copy, the magnify function -- that makes it so you can place the cursor directly, much like an iPhone or myriad other smart phones -- often ends up magnifying the text downwards instead of upwards. This means that it appears under your finger and you cannot see what you're trying to get at. It's very awkward and clumsy to use at times. What it really does is slow you down and make you try to type texts and social media updates correctly the first time lest you have to go back and fix them.

The phone also comes with a few select built-in applications that are all but worthless, including a few games and services that require ongoing fees should you choose to subscribe to them. I've yet to find a way to delete some of them without coming across some kind of error message. It's easy to live with every day. It fits into my front pocket without making me look too silly since it's so enormous. I'm not hiding it from anyone, but it's not like having a brick in your pocket.

Battery
Battery life is acceptable: After a night of charging, being unplugged from 8AM to 10PM each day, with heavy usage for three-to-four hours a day, the battery will start to die sometime around 9PM. It's not going to blow you away with its reliability but it won't leave you in the dark either. I'm a heavy user and I wear it out just about every day, which is what I'd expect considering it has such a giant screen.

Camera
The camera function leaves much to be desired. In comparison to an iPhone 3GS, the HTC Inspire does quite poorly in low-light or even a well-lit incandescent setting. You must be in either a well-lit, outdoor setting or use the flash. Having said that, it does try to compensate by having white balance features and some very Instagram-ish artsy settings that create finished-looking photos. The camera does produce incredibly high quality photos. Unless you're going to be taking a lot of moon-phase portraits, I wouldn't worry about the lack of low light performance.

Customization
Settings for colors and sounds are plenty and won't leave new users wanting. You can specify just about anything you need on the phone including sounds, colors, views, themes and skins.

Screen
It has a nice, crisp, large screen that has a great array of colors and blacks. Customization is fairly easy and the animations between screens is up-to-date. The touch screen is responsive without seeming overly deadened or sensitive.

Applications
The Android Market is stocked with everything you need. If you're an iPhone user looking to make the move but aren't sure about applications available, don't worry. As a former iPhone user I promise you the Android Market has everything you've come to expect from Apple. I also enjoy some of the built-in applications, including the Friend Stream function, which lets you administer your social network with a middling amount of depth.

Overall, the HTC Inspire is a very comparable phone to the iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4. If you're making the switch from Apple you may find the menus for each item less than standardized, with some applications requiring additional clicks of the 'Menu' button or otherwise. The text-magnify function is a little odd, but it just makes you type slower and with more care so you don't have to use it. At $100, the phone is an absolute steal. If you're looking for a cheap smartphone that is of high quality, the HTC Inspire is the best choice.

Pros:
-Large screen
-Easy to use
-Largely customizable
-High definition camera
-Good applications

Cons:
-Middling battery life
-Poor camera performance in low light settings
-Infuriating type-magnifying function

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Phone!, March 8, 2011
I got the HTC Inspire a few days ago and I am beyond happy with it! The touch screen actually works great and the screen is huge and very clear. The battery life could be better, but with moderate usage, it will still last all day for me, if I just charge it overnight. This phone is quick and has so many different options. It's great, the first phone I have been completely happy with!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribly Designed Device, August 21, 2011
I've had this phone for about 5 months and sure it may work for the first 30 days, but afterwards it's not a reliable device.
Firstly the phone has terrible battery life on a basic usage it only lasts about 5-6 hrs.
Secondly, the phone gets no reception and as I browsed through various ATT forums on the issue apparently I'm not the only one having this trouble.

My story is as follows: I live in Baltimore, MD and a few days ago my phone no longer functions as a phone. Its has become an over glorified iPod touch. Basically no matter how many bars show on the phone I get no calls, no texts, I can make no calls and no texts.
And I've taken pretty good care of my phone. Dropped it once 3 months ago and nothing was wrong.
I've lived here for the past 4 years and I've had ATT in this location and an iPhone before this device. Then I upgraded to this phone and few months later nothing. It's a dead phone useless and I'm stuck with a phone that cannot make calls or receive calls.

When buying your phone think about how it'll work out 6 months from now before you get into a 2 year contract you can't get out of.

1.0 out of 5 stars HTC Inspire 4G bad for talking or hearing, August 14, 2011
I got an Inspire and after 2 weeks had trouble hearing on it or people hearing me. Garbled, and could hear every other word only. Sounded like people where on a tractor and they said they were in their office. They worked with it 5 times and finally said it was defective on the speaker. They sent me another Inspire 4G refurbished as that is what ATT warranty does. Thought these phones were too new to be refurbished?? Now I have this one and it has been to the ATT store 3 times and checked and same problem, but ATT (warranty dept -) will do nothing.. I paid good money for this and like it for text or email, but what good is it if you cannot talk on it all the time, sometimes you can but mostly no.
I would say stay away from this phone until they fix the sound problems in speaking on it.. Two other people were in the ATT office and they had the same problem and returning theirs.. now I don't know what to get. ATT says Motorola Aria but it has bad reviews also., they won't replace mine with another type pone just the same one, so it would be as bad...
I don't have a home phone - so this makes it bad not be able to talk and get constatnly cut off and broken up no matter where I am... it happened in the ATT Store at Rockwall Texas. So I have Magic Jack on my computer to use to talk if I am home - otherwise leave a message.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ANDRIOD PHONE, April 1, 2011
THIS PHONE IS AWESOME PERIOD....BUT IF YOUR GONNA BUY IT GO TO COSTCO ITS ONLY $19.99 UPGRADE INSTEAD OF $70 OR $99 AND IT COMES WITH A LEATHER CASE/POUCH,HEADPHONES AND CAR CHARGER

5.0 out of 5 stars First Android Phone, March 17, 2011
So I write this as I upgraded from my old school Motorola Razor to the HTC Inspire 4G. I have had the phone since it released on 13 Feb 2011. Not too much I am not happy about. As this is my first smartphone and Android phone, it's hard not to like it all. Overall, I am very happy with the phone itself.

Pros:
-Gorgeous large screen
-Fast processor
-Camera takes really good pictures, however, I noted in a large room the flash is kind of slow and you may get some blurred images. But up close or outdoors the pictures are impeccable.
-Android. I love the apps and the ability to multi-task (something my wifes iphone doesn't seem to do so well)
-I find the android interface and the interfunction of the menu to be much better than that of the iphone 4

Cons:
-I have had some problems with the micro SD card. The phone will randomly lose it's connection with the SD card. For instance, I was listening to music and in the middle of a song the phone told me that there was no SD card installed. I had to reboot the phone (no change), remove and reinstall the SD card for the phone to recognize it. This has happened multiple times. This is the 8GB SD card that came with the phone.
-On day two of owning the phone, I had the aforementioned SD card problem. When I removed the cover, the compartment cover where the SD card and SIM card reside, snapped in half. Fortunately, I was able to get a replacement cover from the AT&T store about a week later from a return. BE VERY CAREFUL REMOVING THIS COVER.
-Battery life is short. It will last the day in standby....But if you use it for anything else frequently, such as a game app, you will be charging it all the time.
-Battery cover is difficult to remove, but I believe will get easier as I do it more.

Neutral
-Noticed signal strength in home is less than it was on my razor, but doesn't seem to affect call/messaging performance.

Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly, the worst phone I have ever used, November 29, 2012
Battery life: nil. And that's after changing it 3 times. If I have a full charge before leaving the house at 8:00 AM, the phone is dead by 1:00 PM.

Reception: Never more than 3 bars anywhere and I live in LA, not Wichita. I miss calls and it doesn't show who called, just that I have voicemail. I miss one of every 3 texts people send me, or I get them hours later.

Operating system: Slow, glitchy. Apps disappear or shut down mid-use.

Display: illegible in sunlight.

Camera: garbage.

If it weren't bad for the environment I would throw this GD POS into the ocean.

DO NOT BUY. THE WORST PURCHASE I HAVE EVER MADE.

2.0 out of 5 stars phone shuts off on its own and constantly freezes, August 19, 2012
When I first purchased this phone I was so please, 7 months later the phone would randomly shut off and sometimes restart. Also it freezes and I can only get it going again if I restart the phone and at times it won't let me so I have to pull out the battery to reset. Not even a year and the phone is a mess!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, May 19, 2012
To begin, I have owned this phone REFURBISHED since last September. I have had no problems except for things I have done to make the phone freeze. I never turn it off to let it "rest" either. I have dropped this phone multiple times (and they were pretty hefty drops) but it has never failed to be perfectly fine when I check it out afterwards. It is very fast and loads everything up very quickly unless I don't have good wifi or service. I have adored this phone and when it's time for a new one I might just stick with the same phone. Also keep in mind that I am a teen girl who gets over things quickly. AND I do a lot on this phone. The battery life isn't fabulous but then again if you're on it all the time the battery isn't going to last you all day. Actually I put it on airplane mode throughout the school day when I am not using it so that the battery doesn't die with my phone searching for service. (I don't get service in my school.) One, the single one and only problem that I've ever had with this phone is that on the keyboard (which is touch) when I try and push a certain button sometimes it'll be like the button isn't there. Which isn't a big deal because the few times that it does happen I can turn the phone sideways and use the keyboard fine like that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 414 | Next ›