5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the iPhone 4 ?
I don't write many reviews for products that I buy, but this product deserves some recognition. In a few words: It is amazing. I love many things about this phone that I may have to list the pros and cons...I think I will actually do just that:

Pros

Large screen

The screen, measured diagonally, is about 4.3". This is very large. If you...
Published on March 3, 2011 by Brad

3.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad and the ugly
My background: have used Blackberries for as long as I can remember, use the phone mostly to keep in touch with work email, occasional web surfingl

The good:
- screen size noticeable bigger than IPhone, though not as sharp looking
- I love the Android OS and the availability of apps on the Android market. Took a little bit of getting used...
Published on July 29, 2011 by Lazar

‹ Previous | 14 5 614 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone with a large screen!, May 23, 2011
This review is from: HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I just got this phone at another retail store and so far im still getting used to the phone when texting it's a much larger phone than my previous phone. Everything is good about it except the battery life which doesn't last that long only about a couple of hours or less depending if im using it for playing games or talking on the phone. I especially like the 8mp camera/720p camcorder, it's really useful for taking pictures and you don't need a separate camera or camcorder anymore!

[Update]: I have now overclocked my phone by rooting it and installing cyanogen mod 7 on it, it's now at 1.5 GHz and i adjusted it so it only uses 245 Mhz when not in use so it uses less battery power. The overclocking feature is built into the cyanogen mod 7 and there are several other features that make this phone even better than it already is! I also recommend buying a zagg screen protector to protect the screen even though the screen is made out of gorilla glass.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of...., February 20, 2012
This phone is great...as long as you don't want to talk on the phone.

The colors are great. I love the big screen. I like the Android platform. I like how it's more customizable than the iPhone. There are lots of things to like about it.

But you know, there ARE times when I need to use it not to play Angry Birds, but to make a phone call. Then we have a bit of a problem. I got this phone in August of 11, and I couldn't wait to get rid of it, because it was useless for making phone calls.

This phone drops calls A LOT. I mean, A LOT, even in the middle of the city. Forget about using it in a rural area. I had to buy a cell phone booster to try to be able to use it in my home, still only got one to two bars, and the person I was talking to often said I sounded like I was under water. I've since switched to an iPhone 4; I get four to five bars with the booster and the sound is great, according to the other party. Also, since getting the iPhone, I have four and five bars at all times in the city, whereas I didn't often have full signal with the Inspire--like two and three bars in heavily populated areas where cell towers were plentiful.

The battery life is a joke. Talk time for me was an average max of about 2 hours. I tried letting the phone go completely dead, then not talking on it until it was fully recharged, to no avail. On top of that, the battery cover is really hard to get off, and can be tricky to get back on again. I've had to do several battery pulls because the phone just freezes up and will NOT do anything else. That means having to reset things like ringtones for certain people. That's another thing: even when I haven't done a battery pull, for some reason this phone will decide to randomly assign a tone to a contact. It seemed to like assigning California Dreaming to one of my contacts in particular.

You're more limited than the iPhone as to how many apps you can have at your fingertips. You can download them to the phone, but if your home screens are full, you have to go into the menu to access them. It's also heavy; it's uncomfortable and unbalanced when I try to wear it with a belt clip, but to be fair, that could be the fault of the case (an Otterbox).

To sum up, if you want a phone with great colors and a big screen so you can play games or read books with ease, this is the phone for you. If you actually sometimes need to make a phone call, though, I'd avoid this one like the plague.

2.0 out of 5 stars awesome phone, very good touch screen, terrible terrible battery life, July 4, 2011
Raj "Raj" (Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Pros:
awesome phone with great look and feel
very good and pretty accurate touch screen
nice camera
not heavy for the built
outlook sync without additional software or tool to buy (unlike samsung infuse 4G)
phone can be mounted in PC using basic micro USB cable with various options pretty neat
some of the default apps came with the phone works pretty accurate

Then why two star?

Cons:
Terrible terrible battery life ( I tried all the tricks, tips that was posted in every website )
Could not make the battery to last more than 8 hours with very basic use, even if I don't use
the phone for 8 hours battery drains. It comes from 2/3 the battery level to almost zero in a very
short period of time.
It is like rocket science to open the door for sim card and SD card (i know we don't need to use that
door often, but still scared to open now)
Battery door is worse then the SD card door

At least battery is a deal breaker for me, it is going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Phone that I could ever think of, April 10, 2011
Ok , The HTC Inspire 4G delivers all what it promises , the 4.3 display is awesome , the android 2.2 (froyo) is great , the phone is super fast with no lags , the only draw back is the battery life ( which is also as promised in the specs 1230) , but it is not enough for heavy users , all in all this phone is a great experience and i recommend it very much .

5.0 out of 5 stars Technologically advanced very satisified!, March 15, 2011
Converting to the Android from the iPhone was a smart decision. This phone has many features which suits most of my business needs which I am pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing device, February 22, 2011
I got this phone couple of days ago and I am really happy with what I got. First, it was an awesome deal from AmazonWireless and got the phone within 2 days from the day I ordered.

Initial setup was a cake walk and synced all social accounts in a fly. I have to say that having MotoBlur with my previous phone, I am so happy with HTC Sense. Its much more user friendly and easy to use.

Hardware is amazingly fast and responsive and DLNA capabilities of this phone is definitely a plus for media sharing. Another cool feature thats useful is USB internet tethering from phone to laptops while on the go. Gorgeous display and quite good sound quality.

Loving it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Fone For Folks who like Fun Features, March 20, 2011
Okay, I was a little silly on the title but in all seriousness this is an excellent phone. I've had it for about 3 weeks and admit I still have a lot to learn but everything new I learn about this phone only solidifies my opinion of it. I guess the main objections I have are two-fold.
1. The ring volume is really poor. At nearly 50 my ears aren't quite what they used to be and my last phone had a very loud max-ring volume and I really enjoyed that.
2. The vibrate feature is also very poor. The phone is far too large for me to put into my pocket so I rely on a hip-pouch and unless I have that puppy sitting RIGHT on my hip-bone there's a good chance I won't feel the vibration. Now, couple that with my first objection to this phone and...yes, I've missed some calls. If I don't hear it and don't feel it then obviously I don't always know when I'm receiving an incoming call.
However! These two 'cons' are not enough for me to rate this phone with anything less than 5 stars. I LOVE this phone. The 4G is truly lightning-fast. I'm shocked at how fast this baby downloads whatever I am doing. The clarity of the screen, the 8 Mega-pix camera, ability to record/take pics in HD, availability of FREE apps for Android phones, SD Card is removable WITHOUT having to pull the battery, the phones ability to be a WAP (Wireless Access Point) so other devices can connect to the Internet via WiFi being provided BY the phone...oh, and BTW, you can have the phone doing that while you're talking on it, etc. Oh, and don't forget...this is Android 2.2, not 2.1. Do a little research and you'll see the advantages including managing the hardware resources of the phone.

I've read some reviews that object to the battery life. To that I say, "People need to understand what all this phone is doing". Yes, I have to charge the phone every night - big deal. I expect that and so should anyone running a smart-phone of this caliber.

2.0 out of 5 stars ATT/HTC Inspire 4G Not ready for prime time, April 11, 2011
Once a geek, ... (Saunderstown, RI, United States) - See all my reviews
The ATT/HTC Inspire 4G is a lovely and sexy phone, but is not anywhere near ready for a serious business user. I've invested many hours into the phone during this past week, but have been unable to achieve reliable Outlook or Gmail synchronization. Weak email and phone features, plus a basic phone bug didn't help either. What a disappointing waste of my time. I have returned this phone to ATT.

Specifics:
Phone bug. The included Voice Dialing included app did not work out of the box. The program failed on startup and gave an error message. ATT customer service told me to repair or exchange the phone. I've since found that voice search also did not work.

Clunky HTC user interface. Answering a phone call requires three separate actions: turn screen on (button); unlock phone (swipe screen); answer call (touch on-screen button). Two separate actions to hang up a call. Much too complex - it's one movement on any other phone.

Poor Microsoft Outlook synchronization software. HTC Sync software (from HTC.com) is barely beta quality and simply doesn't work: only one Outlook Contact folder gets synced (same as Apple's MobileMe, but far inferior to BBerry); sync is not performed on full Contact names - it omits second and middle names; the software corrupts my Outlook Contact folder with truncated Contact names; not all new phone-created Calendar entries make it back to Outlook; Bookmark sync has no effect on the phone's bookmarks; HTC Sync software opens very slowly - takes up to 3 minutes on my business laptop while it says `Updating htc library...' I corresponded with, then spoke to HTC support, who acknowledged most of these shortcomings, promised upgrades, but couldn't say when.

Poor Gmail synchronization. The phone, surprisingly, also integrates poorly with Gmail: Contacts do not sync completely: not all of my 3000 Contacts moved to the phone from Gmail; new phone Contacts didn't always get back to Gmail. (Contact Sync between my laptop Outlook and Gmail works fine with Google Apps for Business.)

I had expected to spend time on setup, but was surprised by the immaturity of both the phone and its supporting software. I am already a Google Apps for Business customer and find that it generally works. But with a week of effort, I was simply unable to get this ATT/HTC phone to the point where I could use it for my business. It's certainly an attractive product. But it is simply not ready for a business user.

4.0 out of 5 stars htc inspire 4g, March 16, 2011
This is a nice phone. The battery dies after a day of normal use but all smartphones do. Talk to text is cool. Android is cool. I havent had any of the problems the other reviewers have had. The phone is very customizable. I prefer it over the iphone because it has a better camera and has expandable memory and call quality is better and no dropped calls.

1.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy glitchy glitchy, HTC rep tells me "known issue", February 13, 2012
Don't buy this phone!! I purchased this phone in May 2011 from Amazon wireless. Later in the summer, HTC sends me an OS upgrade, so I download it. The results? Terrible glitches in the texting (particularly when it qwerty mode), frequent crashes (several times a week the phone shuts itself off and restarts), the touch screen often freezes or goes to black and I have to remove the battery to get it to come back on (no easy task given the way the battery is shoved so tightly into the battery compartment). Since I bought this on Amazon, I turned to HTC first. The HTC rep told me over the phone they are aware of all these issues, but they don't have a fix for them. Thanks HTC. So, I went to the AT&T store, the rep there said they couldn't help me, to try AT&T technical support. Tech support sent me on to warranty. Warranty ships me a new (refurbished) phone to replace the old glitchy one. Not 6hrs after turning on the new phone, it's already doing the same things as the old phone. At this point, the warranty on the phone runs out before I am eligible for an upgrade. I will NEVER buy another HTC.

‹ Previous | 14 5 614 | Next ›