5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the iPhone 4 ?
I don't write many reviews for products that I buy, but this product deserves some recognition. In a few words: It is amazing. I love many things about this phone that I may have to list the pros and cons...I think I will actually do just that:

Pros

Large screen

The screen, measured diagonally, is about 4.3". This is very large. If you...
Published on March 3, 2011 by Brad

3.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad and the ugly
My background: have used Blackberries for as long as I can remember, use the phone mostly to keep in touch with work email, occasional web surfingl

The good:
- screen size noticeable bigger than IPhone, though not as sharp looking
- I love the Android OS and the availability of apps on the Android market. Took a little bit of getting used...
Published on July 29, 2011 by Lazar

‹ Previous | 15 6 714 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device. Battery is not an issue if you turn off the wifi when not in use., July 19, 2011
This review is from: HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone, Black (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is my first smartphone and its really nice. I bought this phone after going through several reviews and looking at the price (I got it for $1 in cosco.com a month ago). The only complaint I got in the reviews is about the battery life. I have been using this phone for over a month, and has absolutely no issues with the battery. I am a moderate user of the phone and its battery on an average works for more than one and half day. I dont use the internet often and if you use the internet, as any other smartphones its battery life drains quickly. I have a wifi on-off icon on my homescreen, so that I can turn on wifi or mobile gps only when I am using them. I would highly recommend this phone to anyone. I pretty much like the customization available in android phones ( iphones are way behind in this regard).

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE This phone!, June 11, 2011
Have had this phone over 3 months now and love nearly everything about it. I returned an iphone 4 due to problems and like this MUCH better. It is very responsive & the screen is gorgeous! Calls are very clear and rarely ever drop, unless I'm talking to someone on an iphone (think we know what the problem is there). The 8MP camera takes great outdoor pictures - as good as most digital cameras, if not better (indoor acceptable, but hey it's a phone). Video & sound are also excellent. The 4.3" screen size is just right for me - not too small to watch videos and not so large that I can't pocket it.

DATA speeds were initially not the greatest, but that problem was solved with the recent software update & continuing ATT network improvements (I am in the Springfield, MA area). I now get around 2-2.5 Mbps down and 1-1.5 Mbps up (prior to update, upload was capped at 300 Kbps). Around Hartford, CT I usually get around 3.0 Mbps down or better.

Downsides? The screen is not so easy to see in sunlight, but don't find myself doing that much anyway. Battery life isn't great, but definitely much better than I expected with this size screen. It got even better with the recent software update. Turning off some apps that auto-start, especially location services you don't use, helps a lot. I turn off GPS, Wifi and bluetooth unless I'm using them (it still uses cell tower location services) and I usually get 2 full days with moderate calling before needing a recharge.

The only problem I had is that the SD card cover cracked in half when I was trying to take it off (known defect - don't hold it by the sides when removing). But I could still put it back on in two pieces, and HTC sent out a new one at no cost to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Inspired me!, April 12, 2011
I absolutely love this phone! Although this is my first Smart Phone and have nothing to compare it to, I know I made the right choice. This phone does everything I thought it would and more. After using the tutorial, I found everything I needed.
The phone is large, but not too big or heavy. The screen is clear and colors are brilliant. The camera takes great pictures and internet browsing is fast, even if you live in a rural area, like me.
Yes, battery life is questionable, but I bought a car charger and an extra battery...problem solved. And as far as the difficulty with the battery cover, simply use a rubber jar opener to slide the cover off easier.
There are so many apps that come with the phone and tons more that are available for free. I especially like that it came with Adobe Flash. I can also use Firefox as my Internet Browser. I'm not stuck with Safari! I highly recommend this phone. 5 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE MY HTC INSPIRE, March 4, 2011
Would definetley recommend this phone:) the only bad thing is the battery life and the compartment to put the battery in, it is so hard to open.
I really love the graphics and the speed to download is fast...All i really wanted to say was VERY HAPPY with my Android Phone:D

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing device, February 22, 2011
I got this phone couple of days ago and I am really happy with what I got. First, it was an awesome deal from AmazonWireless and got the phone within 2 days from the day I ordered.

Initial setup was a cake walk and synced all social accounts in a fly. I have to say that having MotoBlur with my previous phone, I am so happy with HTC Sense. Its much more user friendly and easy to use.

Hardware is amazingly fast and responsive and DLNA capabilities of this phone is definitely a plus for media sharing. Another cool feature thats useful is USB internet tethering from phone to laptops while on the go. Gorgeous display and quite good sound quality.

Loving it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, December 31, 2013
This is an absoloue great phone my mom has this and she had it for 2 years with no problem but it kinda fluzzy on speaker.. it a good phone to download apps and everything. And the battery life is good !! If you charge it at night till the morning . !! Buy it !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy and no battery life, July 6, 2012
The battery life is just pathetic. I had to have a charger constantly on me to get through the day. The phone froze up constantly, making me have to remove the battery and insert it again in order to make it boot up again. On one occasion when it booted, it had done a factory reset, deleting all my apps and information. Also, after that reset, I never was able to load Google Play again, leaving me with the old android market app. I have three acquaintences with the same phone; two of which are just as unsatisfied (so 75% of the people I know, including myself, are totally regretting having made the purchase). I am not giving up on android phones, but any one who asks me, I would insist they do not get any HTC phone whatsoever. You should go with a Samsung or a Motorola instead (or an iPhone if you're an iOS fan).

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst HTC I've ever used, June 30, 2012
MuzX (Norwood, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I owned an HTC Hero, a Legend, a Desire(Bravo) and an iPhone as well.

The Inspire is the worst of them. It's huge, like a brick, heavy, quite inconvenient to keep it in pocket, even with a relatively thin case.
The display quality is not so good, the colors are worse than on my previous generation HTC smartphones.
The display is also very reflective, it cant't be seen in sunshine. I also don't like that all controls are on the touchscreen.
The battery life is a joke. Even I use Juice Defender app, it can't keep running for a day. Actually, if I disconnect the charger at morning, it will die at early night.
Sound wise the ringtones are not loud enough to hear when it's in the pocket or backpack.
The GPS is also very weak, takes 5 minutes to find the satellite and often went out without reason, interrupting the navigation. The only help was in that situation to restart the system.

The only thing was satisfying is the speed. Usually it worked quite fast, if worked. I would never buy again.

Update: it's getting even worse day by day. I have to restart it every day 1-2 times. It fails to receive or start calls, fails to connect to Wi-Fi, etc. The most frustrating device I have ever used.
Update2: It getting worse week by week. It's latest trick is to shutdown the phone every time I use the camera flash. It's not about the battery, because the same shit happens if the battery is full. What a piece of crap...

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Inspire 4G Hands down better than Iphone Processing Data, January 28, 2012
I have had the HTC Inspire 4G for one day and hands down Smokes the Iphone. I jailbroke the phone in about 2 mineutes now on T-Mobile 50 dollar unlimiuted talk and data. AT&T are outright THEIVES they sell data like it was an extinct natural resourse. But back to the HTC vs Iphone Ill just list it off Flash, Hotspot, Teathering(no extra carge) Bluetooth sync,Faster Processer Dolby,HD 8mp cam& camcorder and the list goes on My only concern the operating platform is not time tested and nor as evolved as Apple or until its worldwide crumble Blackberry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smart phone with crisp, clear calls, January 24, 2012
Tippetarius (Tip) (Bronx, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I decided to get this phone after reading the reviews for this model and a for a few other phones that were eligible for the AT&T upgrade. I am very pleased with my choice. It is reasonably easy to learn to use (although a user's guide would have been helpful). Voices sound crisp and clear during calls with no interference; this was probably the most important factor for me. I have even been able to use the speaker phone successfully. It picks up a sufficient signal in all the places that my previous phone did, and in some areas is even better at getting a signal. It has a lot of internal memory, and also comes with an sd card for added memory. Currently, if you have this phone with AT&T service, you will not be able to use the Amazon android app store; instead you will need to go directly to the Android app store; if I had known this sooner it would have saved me a lot of time trying to find out where to go to download apps. I have read that Amazon has been working with AT&T to change this. The only major drawback that I have found is the limited selection of profiles for incoming calls/alerts. This phone allows for 3: Normal, Vibrate, and Silent (plus airplane mode). They can be customized as to ring volume, etc. However, my previous phone, which was a very simple one, allowed for several different sound profiles, so that I could quickly choose according to various needs. For example, I would really like the ability to have this phone "beep once and vibrate" which was the setting on my old phone that I always used while at work. Perhaps there is an app somewhere that will allow for more choices like this. All in all, this is really a great phone!

ETA: I found an app in the android store called "Quick Profiles" that allows you to make additional profiles. Now I am even happier with the phone!

‹ Previous | 15 6 714 | Next ›